It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party ‘founder’: Tea Party has been Hijacked; Palin, Gingrich a ‘joke’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Lesson learn, in America anything can be bought for the right amount of money, people will give their own mothers and family members for money.

The Tea party started as small community groups in many states, big interest and the government indeed Hijacked the movement for political gain.

In other words if you can not beat it, join it, give away some pennies and people will do what is been told.

Manipulation at its finest.

As soon as I saw the take over by big interest and money I knew that the movement will become a controlled by anybody political tool

edit on 22-10-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by acparker7

Thanks for the link, It was news to me. Although, the personal political positions of the leader of a movement does not constitute a official party platform, unless of course that leader holds a dictatorial position.

An official party platform is one that has reached broad consensus across the party and one that has been voted upon and accepted. To date, I have seen very few topics, if any, that enjoy a broad consensus within the Tea Party movement. Unless you consider their universal hatred for President Obama as a party platform position.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

No - I agree. I'm not saying that is an official party platform. The OP gave Karl the credit founding/co-founding the TPM so I just wanted to share with you and everybody else what his ideal platform would look like (I read his blog almost daily so I knew he had that information available)...by no means am I suggesting it is official or accepted.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
BS

Ron Paul's ideals have been hijacked by arrogant pinheads.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The Tea Party was for sure infiltrated in a smooth way. I felt and hoped that the Tea Party would grow to a powerful American grass roots force that would eventually do the following:

1. Fire everyone in Congress - or drag them out by their skirts and neckties.
2. Re-elect the ones that were doing a good job and replace the ones that weren't. (internet voting if possible)
3. Longer one Term - but only one term and they are gone.
4. Pay them very well.
5. After they serve their one term - send them to Congress rehab - (jail) - kidding of course
6. Create an election sequence that keeps the heads rolling in and out so they don't gang up on us again.
7. A better and fair mix of occupations represented from the America people - not a majority of lawyers.

I mean how much crap do we have to put up with. They (Congress) committed and allowed "ECONOMIC TREASON" as far as I am concerned. Now the banks do not have to follow any rules - they got caught - but our leaders will only make strong comments, or change the law in favor of the banks and in the end will let the banks off the hook. Wall St. and the banks are joined at the hip and the question is how come rules don't apply to the banks who are now making crap up as they do their foreclosure business ? Can you believe no one will go to jail for this foreclosure fraud process. Not that people shouldn't pay for what they asked for, but the banks play by different rules - theirs rules.

Like I said - I was hoping the Tea Party would be more about "do the right thing" rather than the Democrat and Republican parties. The Tea Party has been infiltrated and hijacked.

God help our helpless asses.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
NO surprise to most of us really. I mean, think about it. Every political party and movement in America has been hijacked for agenda reasons at one point in history or another.
edit on 10-22-2010 by PJAmerica because: Typos

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Actually, the tea party started with Rick Santelli on CNBC, who ranted against all these bailouts. As a side note, the tea party doesn't get involved in social issues, and there is no official tea party. It's a grass roots movement rooted in the Declaration of Independence. So there's that. Truth is, some people are terrified of anyone with a hint of morality.I guess misery loves company.

Oh yea. Enjoy November 2nd. I know I will.
edit on 22-10-2010 by astrogolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Actually, the tea party started with Rick Santelli on CNBC, who ranted against all these bailouts. As a side note, the tea party doesn't get involved in social issues, and there is no official tea party. It's a grass roots movement rooted in the Declaration of Independence. So there's that. Truth is, some people are terrified of anyone with a hint of morality.I guess misery loves company.

Oh yea. Enjoy November 2nd. I know I will.

I am confused. If the Tea Party has nothing to do with social issues, how does "morality" fit in? Just curious.
edit on 10/22/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What a shame because you only get such a cool name like the Tea Party (with meaning behind it) every so often. I remember being a Tea Party'er back when it was a Ron Paul grassroots effort, too bad...too bad...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Really very simple. Seems libs can't mention the tea party without claiming a van full of baptist terrorists are behind the whole thing, which of course, is a ridiculous assertion. The story this post is based on, makes a similar assertion. It's basically the best libs can do to fight it. It's hard to fight proponents of limited government and constitutional conservatives when you don't understand either one. Huh. Yup.
Liberals have this fear that restrictions on their lives will be put in place by tea party types. Actually, the opposite is true. You see, we just wan't the government out of our lives. We don't think it's necessary to give a detailed accounting of our personal lives to the crooks in government in order to pay taxes. We don't think the government has the right to force us to buy something. We don't think we we're born to sustain the government in the lifestyles of the rich and famous. We don't think we should be paying rent for people in foreign countries. And we don't think we should have to be monitered by the federal government, and don't authorize a bunch of publicity seeking politicians to act on our behalf in matters of foreign relations.
In other words, freedom to be who we want to be, without permission from the federal government. Freedom to be rich or poor based on our skills and initiative.
The federal government's job, as stated in the constitution is to raise an army for the common defense and fill pot holes. That's it. It isn't their job to donate $ to foreign leaders they admire, defend Japan, prop up the chinese by mishandeling trade negotiations, arm the Norweigen, build museums for senator spector, fly obama's dog in a private plane, send said obamas on all expense paid weekends on the Spanish coast, by plasma tv's and malt liquor for crack heads, buy car companies and give them to the unions, or the Italians, tell my kids what to eat, tell me what to eat, tell me who my doctor or insurance company will be, or moniter my use of electricity. In other words, we think the government should piss off and mind their own damn business. And for those who feel obligated, you may drive through the ghetto and pass out malt-liquor and cash on your own dime. Other than that, you really got me with that one.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I love you and I love Mr. Denninger. This is exactly what I've thought of the movement since it formed. I knew either the DEMS or REPUBS would hijack it and use it to get elected. I so knew it. Sarah Palin is NOT a Tea Party thinker. Newt Gingrich is NOT a Tea Party thinker. Frankly, I think some of Americans are stupid to think that either of them are. They are so upset about the economy that they can't see whats right in front of them. The whole movement could have easily attracted both parties and could have been a HUGE success in American politics, but since the Tea Party is supporting these crazies, DEMS will just be elected next cycle and gain the majority.

It would have been so nice to see Republicans and Democrats come together to support a single movement - the division in the USA is very sad...

Gah-lee. But there is nothing I can say that wouldn't be repeating what you said.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Think of a Tea Partier as a Ron Paul supporter with a job. Second sentence.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

You did not even remotely answer my question. It does seem you are a tad confused. You insist the Tea Party is not something to be painted with a broad brush while claiming all Liberals -anything. You say the Tea Party has no dealings in social issues all while saying Liberals are afraid of their morals. I was hoping you might address that last part for me and kind of why I specifically asked. Thanks anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

S & F Airspoon. What happened to bipartisanship? Rush Limbaugh articulated it perfectly with his "I Hope You Fail" tirade/strategy. To surmise his stance, the Republicans needed no fresh ideas, no solutions. They needed *nothing* to succeed in this election as long as Obama *FAILED.* --Regardless if that meant hungry, out-of-work Americans. Basically, the strategy was just to stonewall anything that might be a solution, make people unhappy with the economy and they would do the rest for you (vote Republicans back in). While a highly successful strategy, Americans lose. And just like Goldman Sachs benefitting from the economic collapse that hurt so many, the Republicans will most likely succeed this election ---at the expense of good people who were hoping Washington would work together. Rush's "I Hope You Fail" fits right into the "new" Tea Party ideals, and Sarah Palin is passing out the kool-aid. Unfortunately for us, she is charismatic enough to win the next election. That's my prediction; calling it right here: our country is in such a turmoil, people are so sad and desperate, they will vote for her like moths attracted to a flame. Toss in the closet (well, not so closet anymore) bigot of Glenn Beck for V.P. and we're in for a crazy time.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is NO organized national tea party movement and NO group as founders.

No charter, no national council nothing ,nada.

This guy is BS.

Another DEMONcRAT spreading lies about the non partisan movement.

Rats on a sinking ship get violent,you know.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great thread Airspoon.
Like many others, I've been saying the same thing for a while.
And I absolutely agree that what we currently define as Liberal and Conservative is so far skewed from the original definitions that it's nearly impossible to tell the two apart.

Here's a video of Ron Paul basically telling it like it is regarding the two parties.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

What is non partisan about generalizing Democrats as the enemy again?
Just curious.
You seem a little partisan there. Maybe I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is correct, Gingrich, Palin, Romney and most of the other RINOs are a total joke. Not one of them wants to end the private bank Federal Reserve and slash government. Don't vote for ANYBODY unless they are like Ron and Rand Paul who want to ABOLISH the private bank Federal Reserve so we can abolish all Federal income taxes that ONLY go to the bankers for interest anyway. None of these RINOs will tell you this because they are simply banker puppets just like every President since 1913 except JFK that tried to abolish the FED and got killed for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
B.F.D.

Why doesnt everyone stop pointing fingers and actually get up off their big fat butts and do something? Make a change, make a difference, or stop talking politics like you know what really going on. (Not speaking to you directly OP) I only admire the Tea Party activists because finally people are realizing how bad things are, and ARE expressing it. Tis better in my mind than being complacent, while the country goes down the drain.

Ive grown so disillusioned with the political banter on ATS. There is more than enough partisan BS going around, do we really need to taint ATS with it?

We all know politicians dont care about you or I. No one truly knows what goes on behind closed doors, what shady backroom deals are made... etc etc. It all makes me sick. At this point, I find anyone who actually WANTS to be in politics highly suspect. I believe the right man for the job, is the man people nominate but DOESNT want to do it.

I think you all would be better off dropping this left wing, right wing blah blah blah, and just switch to 'The Rent Is Too Damn High" party.

Now thats a cause to get behind!

edit on 22-10-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by Oneolddude

What is non partisan about generalizing Democrats as the enemy again?
Just curious.
You seem a little partisan there. Maybe I am wrong.

This pretty much exemplifies the mentality of a lot of Tea Partiers.
They claim that they're non partisan, but will take ANY opportunity to bash liberals.
But, what do you expect when you have the Palin supporters jumping on the Tea Party ship.
Non Partisan
Don't kid yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join