It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran joins talks and Petraeus briefing on Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That's pretty amazing people still regurgitate that fallecy and misconception.

The US Supported and supplied the Mujahadin not the Taliban. The Taliban came to power a while after the US support stopped.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
DITTO
edit on 21-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The US Supported and supplied the Mujahadin not the Taliban. The Taliban came to power a while after the US support stopped.

Different group name, same individuals doing the fighting.

The world is awash with arms and ammo, drug dealers and intel men are ace at smuggling, I would imagine any country on the "axis of evil" list and supporters of said would find it in their interest to bog down the US in the desert and the mountains, Saddam Hussein said "in Iraq the people and the cities would be like the jungles of Vietnam to the invaders", his strategy was proven to be correct.

Take a look at the wounded to killed ratio of allied forces in Iraq/Afghanistan and compare it to the same for Vietnam, then thank your Dr's and body armour fabricators they have stopped the US from losing 10 times the men they have lost, but created many thousands of wounded guys to care for, many with damaged brains from the blast wave of super fast explosives.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Actually, there are different branches of the mujahedin. And to say that Iran is training the mujahedin is laughable. The mujahedin are fighting the Iranian regime, with guns and explosives. I know this to be fact.

Seriously, before making all kinds of assumptions about Iran maybe delve into its history as well a bit.

Really. Inform yourself.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Again, another poster who seems to be confused by words.

READING COMPREHENSION.

I will help: Oozy is saying that when you are in your house, taking cover with your wife and kids and enemies run into the house and you shoot them and they shoot you and your family, to them, you used your family as a shield, while your wife and kids could have been in a completely different room. This does not mean that there aren't twisted minds who wouldn't use human shields but that is beside the point being made.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

Again, another poster that doesn't seem to have a freakin' clue about what they're talking about. Did you even take the time to READ the story I posted, or were you just waiting for your turn to write?

This insurgent engaged a patrol of Women Marines while surrounded by kids. This wasn't some dude protecting his family; it was a coward using kids as a human shield. That's what I was getting at, not Oozy trying to put a "brave Taliban freedom fighter" spin on it.

You are a no-go at this station. Now, be a good example; move out and draw fire.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

This insurgent engaged a patrol of Women Marines while surrounded by kids. This wasn't some dude protecting his family

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/594a697b08fc.jpg[/atsimg]?

Using children as shield?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes ooz. That image shows a Soldier using chemicals against the Afghan Children....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey, Oozy....here's a pic of a GI (actually, a USAF CMSgt) using a kid as a human shield.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39bbea530b7e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
stating the obvious but i am sure that there are people out there who do not know these little facts:

Mujahideen- everyone knows and accepts the fact that the cia funded the Mujahideen during the soviet afghani conflict of the 80s but what some people may not know is among the supporters of the Mujahideen were these:

saudi arabia,pakistan,iran and china now mind you this was during the 80s

fast forward today and the Mujahideen (muslim warriors in a jihad or holy wars)

further more any religous warrior slaps the label of Mujahideen on themselves its the nature of the game there are Mujahideen everywhere in the world that you can think of simple fact there are over 1.5 billion muslims in this world so of course there are more than one group of Mujahideen at any given time and remember thats the title they give themselves and they take the title gladly..

in regards to funding any cause for the "defense" of muslim people is the first and foremost cause that all muslims can and do get behind and there are numerous organizations that take this cause gladly.

hamas,hezbollah and the numerous other islamic websites and a mouse click away and sending money to their freedom fighters among social gatherings and mosques.

enter the hojjatieh that small group of islamic theocracy in iran playing their game and usurping the cause to suit there own ends anyone can also surmise that opec is playing a leading part in the arming and supply and training of the Mujahideen in afghanistan and pakistan.

the comes the drug trade recent events now show that a new crop in afghanistan that is cannibus plus opium and afghanistan now accounts for 90% of the worlds heorin and hashish.

this report i am looking at says that there are over 42,000 acres of cannibus growing in afghanistan and all those drugs are exported to the rest of the world with the rest of the worlds help.

back to the aiders of the Mujahideen of the 80s

well the only country that stopped aiding the Mujahideen was the united states and in the state of fairness all of these countries are responsible for 10 years of war and american deaths:

saudi arabia
pakistan
iran
china

are still in business with the taliban those islamic fundamentalists are at war with us that is a fact that noone can deny governments working together and some of the worlds population is working together for a common goal...........

i am really glad i made this thread because i wasnt seeing the larger picture it not as simple as "waging war" agianst any one nation and you can not fight an ideology sanctions will not change anything if you tap a resource out there is several more waiting to take its place this includes fighters and cash

the holy war is well financed and well planned by nation states themselves usurping a religious cause all in the name of profit

drugs and oil and the billions in not trillions they make them.

war makes money thats what is always said about those greedy corporations in the west but man i am telling you this greedy corporations exist everywhere in this world.

the us is trying to fight the world now and they dont see it and tonite in less than a minute i have seen something that those people who supposedly alot smarter than me never have. :p
edit on 21-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes, we know the point you are making. But can you understand what point Oozy (and now me) are making? Simple yes/no. I understand that there are good soldiers as there are bad ones, but that is BESIDE the point. Sigh...why even bother, it's like you people are stuck in time.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
like i said so many times in this thread...........the topic of me has no place in this thread..myself is not up for the topic of debate...........the title of the thread is...

reply to post by Thepreye

were done here because your opinion of me has nothing to do with this thread.

another weak argumentative tactic and run off...........:meh

edit on 19-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

reply to post by aorAki

well keep your opinion about me to yourself post any opinion about the topic as you see fit......

opinion if me has nothing to do with the topic at hand just saying.......

Please get yourself a blog.

peoples who put their lives on the line for this country means nothing to you that's the way it sounds..........

You may find that a blog is a really the best place to opine on others and then get all upset when people return the favor. I tried to keep up with this thread for about 4 pages and just got tired of reading lies, contradictions, what seem to be the angry rantings of my drunk grandfather, and this constant shouting people down for not agreeing with you.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes, we know the point you are making. But can you understand what point Oozy (and now me) are making? Simple yes/no. I understand that there are good soldiers as there are bad ones, but that is BESIDE the point. Sigh...why even bother, it's like you people are stuck in time.

"Who are you calling, 'you people'?"

Sigh...why even bother, it's like you people that haven't been in combat and don't have a single clue about what they are talking about.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I see how it is. You choose brute force over intellect. I'd rather sweep streets and sleep in them than join any team of mercenaries.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

while i dont dimiss the cia's involvement in afghanistan during the 80s the statement of they are the same enemy isnt entirely accurate...thats been what 30 years ago? average afghani fighter today is what? around 18-35 possible younger and older..

Okay let's do the math, 18-35 years old and that was 30 years ago. So in today's standard they would be the leaders of today's youth. They would climb the ranks of their tribe and take the old leaders' places.

fast forward to today todays mujahideen are being trained in iran and being supplied by them taking over the role of the cia of the 80s...

You can't really prove that Iran is helping them. Maybe rich folks in Iran but do you have direct links to the Iranian regime?

my arguements here are they are really not the same people same ideals but more hardlined and getting outside help much like in the 80s...

further proof of this is there was a finite supply of weapons in afghanistan and yet they have been fighting for 10 years now.

The ideals are the same as they were in the 90's, get the invading enemy out. It would be the same people with the same weapons and with Russian made weapons. Russia would be more inclined to help these tribes because that is what US did to them.

bullets,machine guns,mines,rpgs are use once and then you go buy more and contrary to the popular mythos of the cia funding the taliban today they are not

10 years of war and they are getting their supplies somewhere and oil is and drugs are fueling it.

edit on 21-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I don't know what kind of weapons you are thinking of but guns can last a long time. While they do wear down, if taken care of, guns could last 50-60 years. And it wouldn't be too hard to purchase guns on the black market, especially with the funds they received from the CIA.

You could say Iran shouldn't be on that stand but the US has done more damage then Iran. Why should this be any different? Is it because you are American and have a biased view of the world? Because from my point of view this is what I am seeing.

You say Iran supplies the weapons, I say US supplied the training. They trained the militants in the 80's. those militants climbed their tribal ranks and became leaders. So now they give the training to the new recruits.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Okay let's do the math, 18-35 years old and that was 30 years ago. So in today's standard they would be the leaders of today's youth. They would climb the ranks of their tribe and take the old leaders' places.

if they werent killed off by the rise of the taliban and decades of warring with each other

You can't really prove that Iran is helping them. Maybe rich folks in Iran but do you have direct links to the Iranian regime?

i have provided links in this thread lots of them look over them agian those are people not me who have done their own research

I don't know what kind of weapons you are thinking of.....

said earlier bullets,grenades,explosives,rpgs,land mines,mortars.

there are numerous articles on the interntet some good some bad but they all say the same things.

funding and training is comming from iran and man there was a post you missed that its just not iran where all the money and weapons are comming from.

iran,saudi arabia,china,pakistan a lot of countries have their hands in afghanistan.

can i sit here and say conclusively that iran and those countries are helping the taliban ? no but and this is a BIG BUT.........there is noone on this site that can disprove it either.

mccrystal and peatras and many many others have said this the links i provided are the works of others not me.

dont beleive me i dont want you to i want you to go find your own answers.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I see how it is. You choose brute force over intellect. I'd rather sweep streets and sleep in them than join any team of mercenaries.

Brute force over intellect? Now, just how does that pertain to Taliban using human shields???

Mercenaries? Since when are US Marines mercenaries?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Straw man, Straw man, Straw man.

I'm done discussing things with uninformed people like you, you guys better stick to american politics.

PS. If the taliban would jump off a bridge would you?

PPS. I'm not here defending the taliban you looneys.

Edit: PPPS.

It's been that way for a very long time. Every army consists of mercenaries. They get paid to kill is it not? (Don't try to make a comeback, I have come across pro's that have been in the silent killing business for decades and they know the deal)
edit on 25-10-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join