It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Has anyone been to wikileaks mirror? Looks like it is up and running.

mirror.wikileaks.info...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I don't know, this all seems so suspicious to me. The closer we get to U.S. elections, the more suspicious I become; of ALL new information being released.

Could this be the October surprise?

Anyone check for linkage between Assange and Soros? hmmm....very peculiar.

Someone is getting close, leaks for hire?

The agenda is obvious.

From a long time ago....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

wikileaks, ha!

Consider yourselves warned.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I seem to recall that this was covered in another thread here. However, AES 256 stands for the Advanced Encryption Standard, which is a symmetric block cipher. The 256 indicates a 256 bit key. In a nutshell, if that is the case, then you can forget about breaking it using some sort of ciphertext only attack. You will just have to wait for the key to be released.

However, just because the file has a "aes256" extension does not mean that is necessarily AES 256 encrypted. It could be encrypted with something else and renamed. It could be random data, i.e., a bluff. But don't take my word for it. I defer to a world-class expert in cryptology, Bruce Schneier. You can read his comments on the file here: Schneier on Security - WikiLeaks Insurance File

I have the file. I wrote a program to open it and examine the contents, a primitive byte editor, if you will. It is clearly not text. Looks like 1.4 GB of random data. But then, so would an AES encrypted flat file. I am currently running a statistical analysis on byte occurrences. Will post later if anything significant shows up.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The moment one mainstream media-outlet publishes some of the leaks, they all will - ratings = $

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I wouldn't touch that file with a ten foot pole. Besides, if there is something good in it that comes out - you are sure to hear about it anyways.

My reason being - paranoid. Don't want my IP showing up on any list... proxy anyone?

edit on 19-10-2010 by Fingersoup because: Forgot to add my reasoning

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectral Norm

Interesting article so they want to identify enemies of whoever open the file? Hell I am just curious but not an enemy of anyone. Sounds like scare tactics though, which I do not care for.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Holy Shikes! I was being rather sarcastic (kind of), but we need to do some digging.

Webster Tarpley Julian Assange is Paid by Soros

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

EDIT:

Never mind.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers

edit on 19-10-2010 by mr-lizard because: deleted original text and inserted link

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Use this to decrypt it when and if the password is released:
www.winzip.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Edit, found it, but the source?

edit on 19-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Hold on just a second....
Forged the hash?
You just got dropped in the bit bucket for you know not of what you speak...
There are md5 collisions... But not anything remotely usable....

I am a layman who knows how to use Encryption, when to trust it, and when not to. Admittedly my knowledge of modern cryptography stops at about the Steganographia of Johannes Trithemius.

This file is using SHA rather than the insecure MD5, but I understand what you are getting at. Hashes on Public-Key encrypted files prevent 3 things: preimage attacks, weak collision resistance, and birthday attacks. Replacing the contents would change at least one property of the Hash, if not all three checks.

However, all of that assumes a Total Break through either Brute Force or possessing the Secret Key. Although it may be uber-paranoia, could it not be feasible that a "backdoor" could have been designed into the AES algorithm that allowed the changing of the digest Hash to match while changing the contents through padding without affecting decryption? Granted, this is outside the means of any street hacker or script-kiddie, but is it really beyond the capabilities of the NSA?

I don't presume to understand the intimate details, however as such is open to public scrutiny by those who do understand those details and these concerns have been raised elsewhere as hypothetically possible, then that's enough for me to raise the flag of uncertainty and doubt.

BTW, you didn't catch my obvious typo where I said "Tempest" instead of "Enigma".

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't the 1.3 gigabyte size of the insurance file be an adequate amount for 400,000 worth of Iraq documents?

I know it doesn't make sense as they've been saying that they're still sifting through the information and this file has been up for a while, but its something to keep in mind.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
still have the 'insurance' file in at least 5 different places. lol
actually more like 6 or 7 I think.

better safe, than file-less.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by TheDeader

The only thing I would of add to say about the torrent (even tho I don't know much is), I would of trusted it more when it came out then I do now - Not because of anything WikiLeaks has done, but more to do with what the file may of been replaced by since then by the gubbermint.

reply to post by fraterormus

Damn ye'! you beat me to it....

edit on 19/10/10 by ghostsoldier because: A licky boom boom down, Informer

No doubt.
I downloaded it the day it was posted.
But, I would not download said file now, for anything. lol

Not a chance.

edit on 19-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Edit, found it, but the source?

edit on 19-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Source? Scroll down to the audio clip. The guy is Webster Tarley, not sure who he is, supposedly authored a book about President Bush. He discusses wikileaks, Iran, Obama; and he likens the wikileak documents to the infamous "Pentagon Papers".

The site is Gerald Calente, whom I do respect and like.

Just trying to connect the dots, like who may be funding the 'leaks' and whether this could have something to do with the upcoming elections. I'd like to think of Assange as being non-partison, but I just get a funny feeling that he is connected to the White House and Pentagon, in more ways than the 400,000 page 'insurance' file will reveal.

I smell October Surprise!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

tryna hide still from my 35 mm.
gonna light 'em up get a triple five kill, HUH!

Those Rap News videos are amazing. There releasing a new one within the weak. Hugo Farrant, the rapper in the videos, is actually extremely talented lyrically.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Heh. What if Wikileaks was a honey trap from day one, to lure in leaky people with access?

Maybe Assange is nothing more than a Kabuki player, posturing and grimacing for you guys, and the wouldbe leakers, and the entire thing is a sham?

And now, now you've downloaded it, and they're sitting back logging your IPs, and for the ones that are tricky at all, they're going to wait a while, then Assange will give you the password.

After it prints out "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine", it'll read all your personal info, including your macs and the REAL (not spoofed) IP you're behind, and it'll report you as soon as it gets a chance.

It's the sort of think I would have done, back in the day. Sure it's secret info. Sure it is.

Don't forget your Ovaltine, guys.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ui_Niall
...and the excitement builds! Does anyone think that the insurance could include anything related to government coverup of alien/ufo information? There again, that could just be my wishful thinking...

I think this is probably the least-likely scenario.
The people behind wikileaks aren't naive or stupid and wouldn't release something like that without giving people some sort of warning or leaking it out really slowly. The World trusts Wikileaks' information and so if they were to release proof of ET's or UFOs it would be major news and probably shake everything up in a bad way.

The truth (if any) about ET's and UFOs has to be released slowly and by an organization that has put a lot of thought into how to do it and whom would have ties with governments around the world and news stations. (almost sounds like wikileaks, but not quite).

There would be a set of objectives and an order in which the truth was to be revealed. It wouldn't just "come out" in a leak from a website.
edit on 19/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join