It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2010 election is 2 weeks away . What makes people think and believe voting republican will chang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't buy into americas 2 party system. I saw no difference from Bush to Obama, we still have the Patriot Act,
American troops are still fighting a war in Iraq and Afganistan, americans are still losing jobs over seas.
What really has changed ?
I am not supporting either party, nor defending Bush or Obama.
Do people really think America got into the mess it is in After Obama got elected ?
Do people really think it took less than 2 years for the stock market to crash, banks to fail, jobs to disapper, and the housing market to collapse ?

The reason for my posting is to understand the reasoning for people to continue to support a FAILED two party system. Republicans have done nothing but complain since Obama took office. What plans or changes have they offered ? What new Ideas do republicans offer to get your vote ?
Do americans want the democrats out and republicans in just for the sake of change even though no there is no change in direction offered ?
There will be no change in 2010 or 2012, americans will continue to lose their civil rights,their libertys, their jobs ,
their pensions and their homes. Both political partys are leading America down the same path of ruin, why do americans still play this game ? Neither party is going to fix anything, just take turns running the game to the same ending.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I suspect its a case of the "the devil you know is better than the one you don't" and thats why people keep coming back to the same worms in suits who promise the world and deliver nothing but hot air and broken promises. Unfortunately most people have a sort of political ADD these days and can't remember but one cycle back so they don't recall all the stupid of the previous political party, so they vote them in again because they aren't the current fools in power thus perpetuating the horror that is the American political system.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree with 100%! I can't believe people are buying into "tea party" bull#. It seems the American people can be fooled endlessly. fool me once...shame on you, fool me twice...or three....or four.....or five.....whatever.
edit on 19-10-2010 by TruthWizard because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
People need to stop the loyalty to the party crap already... Stop listening to the media, do your own research on the candidates past policies etc, then cast your vote with your conscience.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

You are absolutely correct as when regardless of who you guys vote for and who gets in... in the end you are still totally PWNRZD by China in the financial "got ya by the short and curlys" money $takes game!

Personal Disclosure: Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OmegaLogos) [ATS]

Explanation: Lets all go Chinese EARLY OK!

Seriously....Let us in the west weigh up the current SitX and make an OPEN decission to either fully join with the east or stop fiddling around and declare open warfare, as anything else is just half arsed squimishness and ignorant stupidity.

I've KNOWN for over 20yrs that China was the future and NOW its coming true!

1] Without China's last 20yrs+ economic growth and relative robustness [Thanks Deng! I'm sorry you had to break some egg heads to bake that great cake!
] ....We'd ALL BE
[expletive deleted by author] !!!

2] China's space program will soon meet and then overtake the entire rest of the worlds space capabilities and we all know that the moon is the high ground!

NASA is defunct and the Russians will extort their revenge on the US via upping the travel costs and fees for ferrying the NASAnots into space to the ISS which will soon sold off by the US as a useless financial blackhole!

3] We all borrow from China and they have been MORE than generous!

P.S. Wake Up & Harden Up Australia and its western allies! Go
China EARLY and Vote 1 China! You Know It Makes Sense!
Or does a leaderless democracy sound more to your liking?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
S & F for you, I couldn't agree more. It amazes me that republican voters are so excited about the prospect of winning back majority seating in congress. Really? Tell me again what was so spectacular the last time you had the majority.

Do me a favor, anyone, walk outside, look around, see all the BS going wrong in the U.S.? Who do we have to thank for that? R's and D's, and our own stupidity by constantly trying to take power from the other party and electing their sorry carcasses. We have made ourselves a jacked up bed to sleep in. Until people pull their heads out and see that the whole 2 party system is failing us miserably, we're headed for more of the same, if not worse.

R and D, different heads on the same snake.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes both parties are doing the same thing maybe in slightly different ways. People thought I had lost my mind in the election of 2000 when I told them I couldnt see any difference actually between W. and Gore. just a different path to the same end.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I saw a bumper sticker on my way to work the other day...

Vote in more republicans????

Are you insane??

It is a little better since the dems took over. We aren't torturing prisoners anymore at least and some health care reform made it through. I dont see how anyone can blame Obama when the republicans have obstructed every single thing the dems try to do. You really think it was intended for the Senate to need 60+ members of one party to pass ANY legislation? Obstructionists they are and I hope they get what's coming to them. As for going back to the republicans, THEY CAUSED THIS. Bush started the bailouts not Obama, The republicans outsourced all the jobs to India not Obama, remember? Good lord almighty, it seems the American public has a memory about a week long.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the problem is that to change what we are built upon is to abolish the old system .its one of the things that are nearly impossible unles we all want it. to rid ourseves of political parties altogether would require the senate, house of representatives, the executive branch, and the supreme court to all give up their positions, or else we arent getting anywhere. if you have a prsident that belongs to neither party, unless his/her views are agreedupon by the party in power, nothng will get passed. we would need a total reset, but there is too much money in it for members of both parties to give up thei ideals. even though i would love to entertain the thory that the 2 party system can be abolished, first we have to show that a majority of the country would rather vote for a third party than either republican or democrats. how do you change what their parents or peers taught them? its like trying to build an advanced city, we have the means, but it would most likely have to be built on an existing settlement to not fail outright, and the previous settlement would have to be levelled. could ceate the greatest city on the planet, but the sheer number of people that would have to have to change their views to accept this new system is too staggering. its the same problem now. those that control the money have th onlysay in what happens,and when both parties control that money, it is like a monopoly. one part of the country votes pepsi, one half votes coke, based on who has the better commercials, while the intelligent minority of people realize both drinks are killing us so decideto vote water instead. in short, unless the world falls, pepsi and coke are going nowhere

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Absolutely DO NOT vote "republican!" or "democrat" for that matter!!!

Please, please, please, please, please x10^1000 please vote for a non-politician, personally known or at least local, "representative" that has not been in office before, and that you would trust to take over your small business.

SACK THE INCUMBENT- SACK THE INCUMBENT - SACK THE INCUMBENT

The "Tea Party" is not a Republican organization, at least your local Tea Party is not. DO NOT trust the "Tea Party Express!" DO NOT trust FOX or CNN or MSNBC!! DO NOT vote for anybody the magic box with the moving pictures suggests you vote for!

Either vote for the most obscure unknown, OR contact your local Tea Party and see who they are recommending you vote for, OR just vote AGAINST the incumbent.

Do whatever it takes to create a shake up and remove the entrenched politicians! This is not a "Republican" election to take back the House and Senate. This IS an HISTORIC election for the PEOPLE to take back the House and the Senate and the control of the government. Send a message with your vote, even if the message is anarchy! Send a message that the little people are now paying attention, and that we will not follow the magic box and vote for whoever we are told to vote for!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I can't speak to all the races up for grabs. The Congressional race in our district is being lead in the polls by a new comer that has never held public office. He has run as a Republican but he is more Libertarian. That's what i see happening. People with grassroots Ideas taking control of the Republican party one race at a time. There will be change,but it will not happen overnight,it took many years to get in this position and it will take years to correct the problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The reason for my posting is to understand the reasoning for people to continue to support a FAILED two party system.

Actually, I believe that most people understand that the two-party system is a farce. Unfortunately, that same system is rigged to make it virtually impossible to change. I've detailed this on other threads so I won't repeat it here, but understand that most states have very restrictive rules on primaries. For instance, independents are not allowed to vote in most states, so if you don't register as either an "R" or a "D", you have no say in who runs. Third parties are very disadvantaged, in that rules exist in many states to prevent them from getting on a ballot, unless in previous elections they garnered a certain percentage of the vote( in other words, a catch-22). Finally, third party candidates are excluded from many debates, they have funding problems, because the large corporations won't touch them with a 10-foot pole, and the MSM ignores or ridicules third parties.

Given that, I will vote straight Republican in this election, NOT BECAUSE I believe that they are any better, but I DO BELIEVE that it will cause a deadlock, with a Democratic President, and that is the best we can hope for. The government that does NOTHING can do no harm, and regrettably, that is better than the mess they've been causing for over a decade, with bad legislation.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I will be very happily throwing my vote away on Libertarians in 2 weeks.

No, not throwing it away, casting the only vote that actually matters. Maybe some of those fools who voted for "change" would like to try real change?

As long as people believe the crock that a 3rd party or a real independent can't ever win then they won't ever win. The lesser evil is still evil. Stop giving into the single party system.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

but I DO BELIEVE that it will cause a deadlock

Good enough for me!

We actually kicked around the idea of how good a political platform it would be right now, if someone promised to "Do Nothing!" If someone campaigned and said, "I promise, if I get to Washington, I won't do a dam thing! AND, I furthermore promise to stand in the way of anyone trying to do anything! Washington has only messed things up and made them worse for the common person for the past several decades, and if elected, I promise to do everything in my power to put stop to it!"

Sounds ridiculous, but it is far superior to what most of our elected officials accomplish!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree, there really is no difference anymore.

Nothing changes, both parties :

Make false promises
Lie
Humor us
Pretend
Bribe us
Control us
Are hypocrits
Are money fiends

and last but not least......

Niether parties are even in control when it comes down to it.

It's all an illusion here people. You think you have power and control? You think you really determine the fate of this country?
The media has more power than the entire country of citizens does.

It doesn't matter who is elected, they will be told what to do by the real people in control.
Yes, presidents are manipulated also.

You think your safe? I used to feel safe. I used to feel like I could trust my country. I don't anymore.

Do you want your kids looking through their history books and reading lies about the country they are in?
Would you want your kids manipulated to think a certain way from a young age?
How about future generations of your family living oblivous to the inprisonment they are in?

The real problems in this country aren't "who is going to be elected and what are they are gonna do to help the economy, help the people, help the environment". That is what you are being told is the problem.
The problem is our country itself and that our people are actually obliviously willing to bend over for the government and their lies.

Just open your eyes......

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Dear old Hippie dude, some people have their head so buried in the sand that they cannot see the light. There are people that are receptive to you helping them see the light and some aren't. That is their choice and we must respect that. reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have stated this before, taking back control by the people starts in your own state . Stop PAC money from outside your state from coming in, stop local elected officials from creating new laws and changing old ones unless approved by ballot vote, by the people , vote to repeal current laws , especially to open up elections to 3rd , 4th and 5th party candidates.When cleaning house, you don't tear the whole house down, you clean one room at a time.

And, voting in republicans to stop or slow down the democrats perpetuates the GAME ! It's what both partys want to keep the game going .
edit on 19-10-2010 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And, voting in republicans to stop or slow down the democrats perpetuates the GAME ! It's what both partys want to keep the game going .

Oh, I don't think so. The best years this country had in the last two decades, were the years in Clinton's administration, when the Republicans took control of Congress after the 1994 midterm elections. The economy flourished, and few if any draconian laws were passed.

When less than 50% of the public even bothers to vote, your wish that the 2-party system can be defeated, is dead on arrival. Figure out how to get 100% of the people to vote(once and only once, and only for legal citizens), then you might have a chance. Until then, deadlock is the best we can hope for, unless you wish to go the violent route, and I don't suggest that..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I will be voting mostly Libertarian with some Republican sprinkled in where there won't be a Libertarian candidate. I actually have a friend running on the Libertarian ticket in my home town against an incumbent Republican. The Republican hasn't done a bad job, IMO, but my friend's views and mine run more parallel: obey the Constitution! My hope, of course, is that all available seats would be taken by Libertarians, but realistically that won't happen. One party with a stranglehold in the Capital does not help anyone. I would even be against a completely Libertarian congress as we have to have checks and balances.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by TruthWizard

The tea party itself is legit. The hijackers are not.

Learn to tell the difference.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join