It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows XP updates FAIL to INSTALL!!! Please help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by kid_cudi

I would say you have a software problem. I am a repairman, and just two days ago I had one of those little Acer Notebooks with a bad virus on it. The OS was Windows 7, and the customer stated she did not want 7 anymore, she wanted Windows XP installed, which I did for her. All service packs and security, including other software, all installed without a problem. I will not install Windows 7 for anyone, way to full of security holes, poor firewall, back doors, and a memory hog.
No wonder Microsoft is working so hard on Windows 8 and 9. Erase the drive and do a fresh install of XP, and do not use the RESTORE CD! All it does is create a new partition and transfers the virus to the new partition. You are still in the same boat. U2 me and I will tell you how to get XP.

Your a repair man but I fixed the problem my self. thanks for the info though. GOOGLE really does help and now my comp is back to normal and all they updates are installing without a problem all i had to do was remove the files with .NET framework removal tool.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

Originally posted by Ahmose
Use Ubuntu mate,
www.ubuntu.com...

edit on 20-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

I hate ubuntu lol right now I am runnning mac and windows on the same hard drive. so when I hate windows I shut off my comp and switch to mac lol its that easy. yes I am on the right track thanks guys. I now have to download and install 2 3 and 4 and thats gunna take forever with my comp. lol

LOL.

Fine then,
be my enemy.

and good luck with a situation that has no "good" ending. lol

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Use Ubuntu mate,
www.ubuntu.com...

I hate ubuntu lol right now I am runnning mac and windows on the same hard drive. so when I hate windows I shut off my comp and switch to mac lol its that easy. yes I am on the right track thanks guys. I now have to download and install 2 3 and 4 and thats gunna take forever with my comp. lol

LOL.

Fine then,
be my enemy.

LOL thanks man my computer is slow agian and thats probably cuz im using AVG virus protection, lol and your right there is no good ending for windows because windows sucks so much and im about ready to throw the damn thing out the window and then go drive over it and then go light it on fire and then drag it behind my car and sit on the front porch of BILL GATES house and show him how much pain he caused me

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

That did not help at all. Coz here we have somebody who's asking for assistance in trying to fix an MS Windows issue, then you came along -- feeling oh so superior about yourself just because you know how to spell Ubuntu.

on topic: most problems with .net redistributable updates seem to stem from the fact that MS decided to distribute this update as a web installer, which is essentially a bunch of scripts that detect the version of windows that you use and what other ms products you have installed on your pc so that it can download the required .net files from the microsoft servers. now, errors like windows update failing to install happen because when the installer checks the file consistency for the updates they end up not matching whatever requirement its got in its list, possibly because one file that should be 157Kb ended up being saved on your hard drive as only 142Kb. try to look for offline installers for the .Net redistributable packages you want/need. good luck.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Use Ubuntu mate,
www.ubuntu.com...

LOL.

Fine then,
be my enemy.

LOL thanks man my computer is slow agian and thats probably cuz im using AVG virus protection, lol and your right there is no good ending for windows because windows sucks so much and im about ready to throw the damn thing out the window and then go drive over it and then go light it on fire and then drag it behind my car and sit on the front porch of BILL GATES house and show him how much pain he caused me

Damn, sorry to hear it man,
i just knew it. lol

Well, I know youve already said you "hate ubuntu"..
but if you ever want to give it another go,
I will do my best to help you get going, all i can.

Ive only been using it less than a year myself,
but I was very surprised how easy it all is,
and I have learned more in less than a year than i thought I ever would. lol

toreishi:
That did not help at all. Coz here we have somebody who's asking for assistance in trying to fix an MS Windows issue, then you came along -- feeling oh so superior about yourself just because you know how to spell Ubuntu.

Say what?
You ok?

"Feeling superior", ?
and
"because you can spell ubuntu"?

What is your problem?
Issues much?
low on meds? what?

I simply know that MS issues of the sort, will always be just that.. "Issues".

and the best way to rid oneself of them, is to switch to a real OS.

I thought I was offering "real help", rather than make him go through a whole mess of crap to fix his MS issue,
only to have it start acting like crap again shortly..

and, what happened?

Exactly that.
His computer is really in no better shape than it was when he made this thread.

So, you can sit and offer him time wasting "tips" on how to make is M$ machine "work"..
and waste everyones time and resources..

but Im "all high and mighty" because I suggested a better operating system?

Please,
I am not, nor do I feel "superior" to anyone, in any way..
So , nice try, but even nicer fail.

OP, my offer stands,
Ill do all i can to help you easily get setup with Ubuntu,
if you end up deciding you want to have another go at it.

God, what a high and mighty ass I am.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have had troubles installing windows.
I had a CD reader and the disk was a DVD.
I put the hard drive in a nother computer to install windows.

you can find the update on the windows web site,
try google to. best for finding help.
Link windows update site

Ubuntu is geting beter every 6 mounths.
it can play a lot of windows games and stuff.
but not all yet!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join