It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step back 100 years and ride the trolley car down Market St., San Francisco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A new digitally enhanced film I found shows a ride down Market street right at the turn of the century. Absolutely amazing quality allowing us to catch a glimpse of the daily bustle in San Francisco's main artery downtown.

It gives a slightly erie sensation peering into the past as if it were a current event. Too see the chaos in the roads as the first cars maneuver around horse and buggy, people darting too and fro, the non-existent traffic lights, and not a man, women or child leaving their homes without a hat on seems surreal.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Simply amazing! I would give anything to step into my monitor and out onto that street!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Very cool. To think all those vehicles cutting each other off and not one fist raised in anger that I could see. Seemed like everyone got where they wanted without lights or even lines painted on the road. And we have improved with technology??

Very neat find.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Very cool, thanks for sharing, definitely a flag for you! Helps bring history to life and was hypnotically compelling. Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks! yes it was a bit hypnotic wasn't it?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
People had road rage, even 100 years ago. It's nice to know it's not a new phemoena.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Makes me remember riding the street cars down in New Orleans about 10 years ago. I think it was about 1.25 a ride, heading down towards the French Quarter and passing all the old mansions. To me it was the only way to travel or about a week.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
Very cool. To think all those vehicles cutting each other off and not one fist raised in anger that I could see. Seemed like everyone got where they wanted without lights or even lines painted on the road. And we have improved with technology??

Very neat find.

Nothing in that video is moving over 15 mph, there isn't enough time to get surprised unless you aren't paying attention at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Simply amazing! I would give anything to step into my monitor and out onto that street!

You can!!! Do a little research and find out how.

You can even walk and smell, the next step is to create the sense of touch.
edit on 18-10-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Just make sure you´re a white caucasian male before you do.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Soldier of God

You can!!! Do a little research and find out how.

You can even walk and smell, the next step is to create the sense of touch.
edit on 18-10-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

???

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

We have technology where as you put it, we can step in to that virtual realm, and walk inside, just like the real world.

You said you would give anything to walk in there, well you can, how much money do you have?

Almost all your senses work in this virtual reality except one I suspect, and that is touch. They are working to create the sense of touch:

ScienceDaily (Mar. 5, 2008) — Computers, long used as tools to design and manipulate three-dimensional objects, may soon provide people with a way to sense the texture of those objects or feel how they fit together, thanks to a haptic, or touch-based, interface developed at Carnegie Mellon University.

www.sciencedaily.com...

That was in 2008, they probably already made a much more efficient one today.

Technology is advancing very fast, we have already created virtual reality where you can walk using your legs, use your hands to touch, grab stuff, smell, listen to the sounds around you, watch the beautiful scenery etc.

Do a little research, if you have enough money you can ask them to create a custom made one for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm going to bump this because it's an interesting thing to watch. Wondering, where did all those cars go? Junked, probably not crushed though, so where are the rusting frames?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Too see the chaos in the roads as the first cars maneuver around horse and buggy, people darting too and fro

Interesting how certain driving habits haven't changed since then..

top topics

join