It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens 1000 fold Military Buildup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well yet again little Kimmy is making noise. I wonder if he realises we never really take him seriously any more.

www.sbs.com.au...

"North Korea's media on Saturday threatened "1,000-fold" military build-up as the United States ruled out lifting sanctions"

How does he plan on feeding all these troops with the sanctions still in place ? Heres hoping junior has a bit more of a grip on reality, though I doubt it. At least he has had exposure to civilisation.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

This little dude is trouble.
I suggest mankind get rid of him, and the heir, as fast as possible.
Why can't the rest of the world be like New Zealand, and just focus on sheep and chill.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
They make threats of war every 5 minutes, nothing to see here!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
He's full of #, as is the media for reporting this fear mongering bs. He cant maintain his population as it is, he will be forced to take care of his vastly expanded military if he wants them to remain loyal, fit and healthy enough to actually be of any use to him. Otherwise he'll end up with a huge problem on his hands.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how big his armed forces are with 50's and 60's technology and no air superiority they are road kill for modern militaries.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Is Lil kim in charge already?First on the agenda "we need more troops".Next "try to make some new friends".
So if they have, say rough guesstimate 500,000 troops x 1000 that gives 1/2 a billion soldiers .that will probably work out pretty good for them.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by SNAFU38

This little dude is trouble.
I suggest mankind get rid of him, and the heir, as fast as possible.
Why can't the rest of the world be like New Zealand, and just focus on sheep and chill.

Cheers
Brady

Yeah he's a class A dickhead, but at the end of the day he's all talk. There are plenty of far more dangerous people around the world who actually act on their evil impulses. North Korea is a distraction, we need to deal with the people a lot closer to home.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Junior was recently promoted to a 4 star general, but senior is still running the country. I think its only a matter of time after senior dies that some general will pull a coup against junior.

When senior visited Chine there was speculation, in addition to gaining support for his son, that he was asking China for more food aid.

I think its only a matter of time before China gets fed up enough supporting little bro and smacks em around a little bit.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well we can only hope someone doesnt like his promotion enough to do something like a coup when daddy dies.

Though he will probably hang on for years, signs of his end have been coming piece by piece. A quote from July;

"Professor Shigemura says there is deep symbolism to the unveiling of the dear leader's first statue.

"Kim Jong-il's statue has officially appeared, this is the first time. Before, Kim Jong-il prohibited making his statue," he said.

"So it means that Kim Jong-il will be losing his power, or the successor is coming."

The unveiling of the statue could be interpreted a few ways - that Kim Jong-il is preparing to step down and hand power to his third son; that he is gravely ill and his inner circle is bracing for his death; or, most unlikely, that he is already dead."

www.abc.net.au...

They are all adding up, but in the end he's just doing his usual rubbish in the time he has left.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There was some discussion, although unverified for obvious reasons, that China was not to happy about the family dynasty continuing. China was hoping for a different type of leader to emerge outside of the family.

If anyone wants some laughs, check out this:

DPRK News

It looks like the site has been updated since I last visited it. You should be able to find where they talk about the ruling family being descendants of the Gods, with Kim jong il being the creator of Golf among other sports.

Some of the pictures that come out from the North in the cities look like a throw back to the 1950's - A country that has stopped in time.

Blustery rhetoric is the name of the game.

top topics

join