It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about 2012 from NASA, it's all a hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Theres no certainty, only probability.

I'll give you at least one certainty: no unknown planet is entering the orbits of the known planets.

Another certainty: the number and severity of earthquakes is not increasing.

These are certainties, not probabilities.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Can scientists predict anomaly's. Suppose the maximum was 2012-2013, 12 year cycle i think it is. How long have we known the cycle to be 12 years. Say the cycle changes every 100k years to 6 years. can scientist predict that.

I can predict i will go work tomorrow at 9 BUT then i wake up ill could i predict that?

So in my eyes NO you cant predict unless your a psychic

safe.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When I was a child (more than a while back), computers were as big as a house, cloning a subject from science fiction - TV was black and white only for heavans' sake! I have seen an explosion of technical advances and our knowledge of our worlds and beyond grows daily. Therefore events possible for 2012 are probably beyond what we can imagine.

One thing seems pretty definate though - every age of man sees the top 'thinkers' of the day tending to arrogantly believe that they know everything and are RIGHT! While so much remains as science theory as opposed to science fact - I am keeping an open mind about everything!

Why do those who seek to deny the whole subject of 2012 spend so much time on these topics? If its all rubbish why to you waste your time here?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm just trying to be objective here but what reason do people think that NASA knows anything in the first place? How is there a connection to 2012? Why is this considered important to other thories regarding 2012?

I'm just trying to understand because from my point of view i don't know what's going to happen within the next 5 minutes let alone 2 year ahead. Please give your own personal reason for believing that something will happen on 2012, btw, having a ''feeling'' does not count as proof of ANY kind and please be logical.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuFri
reply to post by mars1
After NASA bombarded the moon to find water that they already knew was there they lost a lot of credit with me.

Science works via confirmation (or invalidation) of hypotheses by testing them. They hypothesized there was water there, they were pretty certain water was there, now they've confirmed that water is there.

With all of the turmoil with the earth (volcanoes, earthquakes, oil slicks, etc.) as well as the political and economic climates it would be unwise to think that something is not going to happen.

You're making an assertion that there's been more seismic and volcanic activity this year than on average. Prove it.
edit on 16/10/2010 by iterationzero because: meant volcanic, not geologic

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The way I see it is that NASA/the government/scientists/all others in position of authority will never outright tell us if there's a major catastrophe coming until the very last second. See,
1. Nothing (predictable, anyway) is going to happen. NASA reports it. Nothing happens.
2. Something is going to happen. NASA reports it. More than likely, there would be mass hysteria and probably a breakdown of the government. Riots/break ins, et al.
3. Something is going to happen. NASA does not report it. The government and all who know are safe to continue their plans to build underground bunkers without anyone being the wiser.
Really, I think the movie 2012 hit the nail on the head. Not the events part, but the way government handled it.

Even if 1 is true, then there is no harm made by speculation/preparation (unless someone goes crazy, or whatever.)

The one thing that bothers me is when people liken this to Y2K. Just because on X event, nothing happened, does not mean that on Y event, nothing will happen. Faulty logic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"Galactic alignment happens every year"...

I'm no astronomer, but for some reason I doubt a true planetary alignment with the "galactic center" happens every year. Am I mistaken, or isn't that the point of this whole Mayan calendar stuff? Anyone care to explain?
edit on 16-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am 100% positive that something will happen on 12/21/12, Think about it, if we don't get out of bed, and we don't breathe then we are dead. So we at the least have to breathe and that tells me that something will happen. On the other hand, I am sure that many people will be expecting the worst and we will see people out drinking and driving due to that, which many will be arrested for. In reality there isn't a single day in any year ever that the dog didn't at the least scratch, or bark, or even walk across the yard, so now knowing all of that you have to admit that something will happen on that day.
I also am sure that someone sooner or later will have to get out of bed and go pee as well, so yes something will happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Hay if WE caint see the galactic allignment then they can say what ever they want because how can I prove them wrong with out looking at it.

For all i know when nightfall hits the sun goes off to the andromida galaxy to see his cousin.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepestOne
reply to post by xiphias

Hay if WE caint see the galactic allignment then they can say what ever they want because how can I prove them wrong with out looking at it.

For all i know when nightfall hits the sun goes off to the andromida galaxy to see his cousin.

Haha, good point. From what I've seen, the sun is only a few feet in diameter.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I blame those Mayans, scaring us all half to death and making a fortune off it.

Now NASA has put my mind at ease those bloody Mayans wont be making another penny off me, the nerve of them for believing there is more to the Universe than what NASA tells us there is, I will never trust a Mayan again.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

Can science predict anomalies? I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Are you saying there are unpredictable events? Of course there are. That in no way means that there are no events that are predictable. These are separate issues.

Solar cycles are 11 year events. The cycles are on average 11 years in length. The ability to predict the time of the solar magnetic reversal is still in its infancy as we see with the coming solar maximum. It was pushed back about a year.

So in my eyes NO you cant predict unless your a psychic

That's a claim not established by your examples.

I already gave an example of a certainty. No unknown planet can enter the solar system in 2012. In fact, no unknown planet orbiting our sun can enter the orbits of the known planets. Look at eclipse predictions. They are incredibly accurate today giving not only the locations, but the times from onset to duration down to the second. Occultations of stars by asteroids can be predicted very accurately.

The claim that you need to be a psychic to make these predictions is demonstrably false.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

One thing seems pretty definate though - every age of man sees the top 'thinkers' of the day tending to arrogantly believe that they know everything and are RIGHT! While so much remains as science theory as opposed to science fact - I am keeping an open mind about everything!

This is simply not true. First of all science theory explains science fact. They are not as you suggest. Beyond that basic issue scientists do not think they know all. They know to separate what is known from what is not. It fakes and hoaxers that pretend to know all.

2012 is a hoax. The claims of 2012 authors have been shown to be false many times over.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Alignments are not what you imagine them to be. Alignments are not very precise. If all of the planets are on one side of the sun its called an alignment. If anything the galactic alignment was better in 1998 than now or in 2012.

Planetary alignments happen a dozen times a year. We cross this vaguely known zone called the galactic plane and it's an alignment. Happens every year.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

I'll let you think of a simple way to disprove this notion.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

How do you come to this conclusion, the size of the sun? Enlighten us.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Personally, I'm much more worried about what the psycopathic leaders will do to our planet than anything from outer space. For some time now I have suspected that TPTB are pushing the 2012 agenda through various agents in order to keep the people in a state of fear.

In fact, it could even be a means of stopping people from taking action against the blatant actions by the government to strip people of their human rights, their civil rights, their safety and all their money. If the populace believes they are all going to die in 2012, they won't bother fighting the government today??

second line.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Psychoparrot

This is simply not true. First of all science theory explains science fact. They are not as you suggest. Beyond that basic issue scientists do not think they know all. They know to separate what is known from what is not. It fakes and hoaxers that pretend to know all.

2012 is a hoax. The claims of 2012 authors have been shown to be false many times over.

Ahem, scientists actually do often state something as fact when it is later proven to be completely wrong.
Global warming being a very current example.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
If the populace believes they are all going to die in 2012, they won't bother fighting the government today??

Well this is another possibility.
Like I said, if they say that there will be an end of the world there would be to much panic and chaos for them to remain in control. However, if they knew that nothing was going to happen, they could just as easily spread false clues that it was going to happen in order to have a sense of helplessness among the people. "Yes, the government is bad, but the world's ending in 2012, so why bother?"
However, if that was the case, I imagine they would probably plant more false clues that anyone can pick up, not just the "crazy conspiracists". What good would that do, given that we are most always against the government anyway?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Ahem, scientists actually do often state something as fact when it is later proven to be completely wrong.
Global warming being a very current example.

Ahem, get the definitions right. A fact is not the truth. A fact is something we believe to be correct.

There is ample evidence that the world is warmer. What is mostly disputed is the effects of man on climate.

The main problem here is that you are applying the vernacular to the scientific world and not understanding that fact and theory have a different meaning in science than they do in common parlance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join