It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this very odd!! Just saying...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Is it that unrealistic to assume that the balloon release, and evacuation for a gas leak are unrelated? NYC is a big and busy city. I don't find that the events NEED to be related, to be plausible....do you?

No, you're right enough. They don't need to be related and probably aren't. I'm just speculating because I like a good mystery.

Anyone got an explanation for the balloon with lights though?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

balloons along with reflective mylar balloons? I've seen mylar balloons look like lights often enough, when they reflect sunlight.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pisces77
reply to post by thegoodearth

Hmmm...very valid points there. I have been thinking along those same lines.
I noticed a few 'odd' things going on in the past 24 hours...however i've not been able to keep up with any mainstream news to see how they were handling this situation in NYC because for some reason yesterday morn my satellite stopped receiving signal, and only two stations are coming in today.
I would love to see others' replies on this.

Just like to add that both the satellite and terrestial tv signals over here on the fritz.(ireland and uk) . Never noticed both on the fritz at the same time. Its usually one or the othere. This is obviously widespread as the excuse is being given is that it is the unusual weather we are expierencing.

I am also noticing some really messed up noise on radio broadcasts. I am talking about some really weird noises. Internet connection has been getting worse too.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pisces77

I work at a P.O. and , today we had a fire drill. No big deal. Except they always tell us before we have it. Not this time. First time in 26 years, they didn't tell us. Wondered if it was a real fire or whatever. I asked my supervisor is this a fire drill or tornado drill, go outside or in the bathrooms? . First time in 26 years, they didn't tell us. I didn't really think about much until I read these posts.
Maybe nothing but just thought it odd.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by pisces77

Hmmm...very valid points there. I have been thinking along those same lines.
I noticed a few 'odd' things going on in the past 24 hours...however i've not been able to keep up with any mainstream news to see how they were handling this situation in NYC because for some reason yesterday morn my satellite stopped receiving signal, and only two stations are coming in today.
I would love to see others' replies on this.

Just like to add that both the satellite and terrestial tv signals over here on the fritz.(ireland and uk) . Never noticed both on the fritz at the same time. Its usually one or the othere. This is obviously widespread as the excuse is being given is that it is the unusual weather we are expierencing.

I am also noticing some really messed up noise on radio broadcasts. I am talking about some really weird noises. Internet connection has been getting worse too.

According to SpaceWeather.com, protons per cubic centimeter were 8.0 yesterday and are 6.6 today. Normal is about 0.1 - 0.6 protons per cubic centimeter. That much in the solar stream will wreck havoc on low band radio.
www.spaceweather.com...

Is there nothing reported from other major cities like Atlanta, DFW, LA, Chicago about UFOs or even balloons?
edit on 14-10-2010 by NightFlight because: Spelling.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Fox news spend a few minutes on it today. The had the "Science Guy" as a guest and his best comment was that mylar balloons could cause serious injury to the birds.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by wigit

balloons along with reflective mylar balloons? I've seen mylar balloons look like lights often enough, when they reflect sunlight.

Those "mylar" balloons quite frankly, at a low altitude would look like they are, silvered Nylon balloons reflecting sunlight, visually or on video, they gleam and scatter their reflected light. They don't look like lights as in a illuminated light. Conversely, even the very bright lights on aircraft at altitude are unnoticable in very sunny conditions. Most of the videos look like balloons in a light colour, so probaby matt yellow as in the released balloons from Broadway. Jason Diamond's picture is apart from the rest in colouring and grouping that is about all, maybe it was taken later. The only thing is the separation from what people on the ground say they are seeing and what the videos show.
edit on 14-10-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Atleast it shows that media is controlled. They proved by their actions that we do not have free information. We have been provided the info what they want us to know.In bigger picture i think they are not satisfied with their show. I believe they will make another show bigger then this, as test showed that people do notice the sky.
So hope for biggest media coverage for the next show.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ok, so all the talk about the 'UFO' over NYC being mylar balloons and then saying, oh they had a balloon release on Broadway. Well, the pics of the balloons from Broadway show plain old regular round yellow balloons, not shiny silver mylar balloons.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by wigit

I just am surprised at how little is being said about this.

Not to mention the physics of helium balloons.
That really hasn't been talked about much.

Also, I expected more video of this, to be honest.

i talked about the physics of helium balloons in another thread, here's some interesting reading:

www.balloonhq.com...

www.kcbassociates.com...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This really isn't about a debate on whether or not the UFO's came.

Really, it is about the media blackout regarding the sightings of whatever they were...

Still in the world of instant media, of reporting all kinds of things, and of debunking everything ASAP, why the media blackout??

For crying out loud, CNN had live stream of the Press Club conference with the retired military talking about the UFO's disarming the nukes...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Wasn't it Wernher Von Braun who warned of a staged alien invasion? I'm not sure how true that is but does get me thinking.

Yes he did. Now the big question is why did he say this? Why would a nazi scientist who presumably knew about an apparent "crashed UFO" that was recovered in Germany in the 30's and back engineered.....why would he of all people claim that this kind of technology would be used for deception?

Maybe because he fully believed that the alien deception scenario was the truth?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Really, it is about the media blackout regarding the sightings of whatever they were...

Still in the world of instant media, of reporting all kinds of things, and of debunking everything ASAP, why the media blackout??

Well I was going to say that, though a day later than I expected, it was reasonably well covered in online Australian news, though far from headline news.

However, having just searched my usual news sites, I cant find them ? I remember they all seemed to just be the same source.

I remembered the 1st I saw it on was not one I usually go to, so I found it in my history.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

For crying out loud, CNN had live stream of the Press Club conference with the retired military talking about the UFO's disarming the nukes...

Yeah... I wasn't going to comment in this thread because I have no idea why that is either. We already know everyone's opinions about what was in the sky that day...there is already a thread debating what was in the sky that day...I am actually really interested in the subject the OP brought up. I too want to know what people think about there not being very much coverage over what happened that day. I mean even if it wasn't UFOs I would think the reaction it got by so many people would be news worthy. Is there a logical explanation for this? Maybe...Maybe not is pretty good at logical explanations... so I hope he puts his 2 cents in on this one...just so we can see a realistic explanation.
edit on 17-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: typos.. you know the usual

edit on 17-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: stupid typos

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

It's a set up!! front to back..

And when this is over, the world will once again see that the only reliable news source is Rupert Murdoch and his buddy's. They're taking out places like Twitter and ATS.......obviously.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

It's a set up!! front to back..

And when this is over, the world will once again see that the only reliable news source is Rupert Murdoch and his buddy's. They're taking out places like Twitter and ATS.......obviously.

Peace

Dun dun DUN!.. lol when you said... "it's a set up" I literally did that after reading that. I'm going to be honest with you dude....I have no idea who Rupert Murdoch...People are probably going to "face palm" when they read that. They can take out Twitter! But NO! not our beloved ATS
Lets smack them all around with yellow balloons! Lol.. sorry I'm wondering if I should post this reply...I hope it's not completely off topic.. if it is mods can just take it down.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

IzzycomesinPeace,

Here's the plot in my twisted mind:

Established news agency's are loosing a battle, since some time, with us regular folks informing each other on places like Twitter and ATS. They are not too happy about this "new media". But Government is really not happy with all of it's internal information leaking into the world without them having control over it.

To make a long story short. We have to go.... But how??

Use our own strength against us! What's our strength?? Our ability to spread information with he touch of a button, speed. So you create a couple of events that seemingly leave only one conclusion. Make it spectacular so it starts to buzz. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes/hours and than present an logical explanation that can not be denied.

Ridicule them to death, I call it. If enough of these shenanigans occur in rapid succession people will start to distrust the source and return to what they knew, established networks.

Heck, if Government actually succeeds in creating a mass hysteria event through us, they might see it fit too regulate a little here and there......if you know what I mean??

I did warn you that this only happens in my twisted mind.

Peace
edit on 17-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Ahhhh....you know. Crappy English.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Your twisted mind makes sense and deserves an open mind from me. But...The general population will read about things like the NYC situation. They'll take it into consideration...until it's on the news. Think about it... all the news has to do to stop someone's curiosity about a subject would probably go something like this:

Reporter: "Today something in the skies of New York had groups of onlookers stopping and pointing with baffled looks on their faces...

*insert clip of an eye witness account from someone who looks young and easily confused being interviewed by a sarcastic reporter*

Reporter: we had many witnesses saying they've seen lights and objects sitting in the same place for hours on end

*insert another clip of an eye witness account from someone who is dressed in a professional wardrobe but physically show signs that makes you wonder what the heck they smoke on their down time and this kind of confuses you*

Reporter: Questions arise

*insert clip of a thug who is wearing gold grillz and is Overly excited. "MAH I JUZ WANNA KNOW WHAT THE *bleep* IS UP THURR.. somethinzz goin on mah, somethin"*

*insert another clip of a mother holding her son who is squirming and trying to take her sunglasses off making you wonder how the heck she had time to observe what was going on when she can't even do a 30 second interview..."well..it was very strange..i mean somthing could be out there *fun laugh* maybe they will have a better idea for a daycare system"*

Reporter: Many people had questions so we wanted to look into ourselves...and this is what "insert highly qualified scientists name here and don't forget to add things like where he went to school and some awards that none of us even heard of that he has earned but oh well they sound legit" had to say...

*cut to clip of scientist laughing and explaining what it is and why he thinks it is and why people could mistake it for something else and then make sure to ask him if he believes there is other life out there and let him answer with *chuckles* I don't know scientists as a whole don't know...there could be..*

*then have the sarcastic reporter walking down the New York streets with people walking behind him making funny faces to summarize the incident (BTW when I've never noticed anybody in the background making funny faces when the reporters were doing a story and wanting us too take it seriously) he'll go onto say... "Flying saucers? little green men? It sounds like something straight out of a star wars movie...many people believe they saw what could be the real deal..but according to officials that wasn't today..this is John Williams reporting to you from New York city...back to you Kathleen"

*End news report with chuckles and unfunny jokes and move onto a serious topic*

and BAM!!! you have your average hard working Joe believing that there is nothing out of the ordinary despite everything on ATS and Twitter. The government knows this...we are very social creatures and it's natural for us to worry about what other's think... if someone who is more respectable and higher on the economic food chain laughs at the idea of aliens...Most feel silly even thinking about it. It's honestly that easy...so in my opinion Twitter and ATS... are safe. Which brings us back to the same question. Since it's that easy to convince everyone there was nothing going on...then why didn't they do a sarcastic news report with a qualified scientist..instead of ignore it?... Do they want us to read into it?...I mean..Disclosure..I'm not really worried about that and I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything...But...if I was in charge of disclosure and getting the population ready for disclosure... That would be a pretty cool idea..Release some weird things in the sky get some local news stations to report it...knowing everyone and their dog uses youtube, or twitter, or google, or facebook. Don't let main media outlets report on it...and thus the beginning of people questioning these certain things and looking more into these things and desensitizing themselves to the subject of Aliens. I'm totally speculating though...lol....So don't take what I say too seriously...I'm just thinking more than stating...

edit on 17-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: I wanted to make it easier to read...Sorry horrible at expressing myself through the computer.

edit on 17-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: Typos =(

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Nice piece Izzy,

A bit of thought there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join