It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft patents human body as power transmitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
News from Tomshardware:

Chicago (IL) - Microsoft has been granted a patent on using the human boody as conductive medium for the transmission of power and data. According to the filing, the company believes it can network power-sources and peripheral devices by coupling sets of electrodes to the human body.

www.tomshardware.com...

The future is here? This story makes me feel kinda uneasy, surely the power passing through the body would have some adverse effects on the body?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Fear not, Infexious. Even if this comes to pass, we can't be forced to adopt the new technology, even if the Redmond Beast comes howling at the door.

The Microsoft "maxim" is only a joke after all - the one that says

"Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated."
[I hope!]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is another link to that story.
This seems to be good for medical purposes mostly. I don't think we would implement this in our daily lives, at least i wouldn't.

www.pcworld.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Next thing you know, they will have patented the human body as a power source, and we all know where it goes from there...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
yeah that sounds pretty bad dont know if i'd like being used as a battery lol

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nice find, Infexious!

I wonder if they'll get grief from the folks who made the "bone phone" transmitters. These were pad-like devices that lay across the back of your neck and used your own body to conduct the sound to your auditory nerves. It worked pretty well and didn't annoy people around you.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
wtf.....
this is almost excactly what i am thinking about only as a source of power.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by darkspace]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
hmm..... in couple of years, we'll power on our laptops, and it will depend on us how long can they run lol! bodybuilders and sumo wrestlers will be able to run servers for years!

new topics

top topics

join