It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Connected With Someone During Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm going to speak candidly in this thread, I want to get the opinions of a few other people on an experience I had.

A few nights ago I was meditating, I was simply focusing on clearing my mind, being completely blank. I continued like this for a few minutes when something happened which is hard to explain. It was as if I had suddenly opened my eyes and was face to face with someone, it was such a strong sensation it shocked me right out of focus. I couldn't see the whole face because it was so close but it was young and had definite Asian features, his eyes were closed and there was a bright light coming from his forehead.

It was just a flash but it was more than visual, I could smell him, I could feel him but more importantly I could feel him. It was almost like I felt what it was like to be him, to be in his physical body, like being in someone else's home, in a way. It all only lasted for a fraction of a second, it was so startling I fell right out of my meditative state.

I'm assuming it was a "he" because I didn't get a feminine feeling from him but I did get a feeling of tranquility. I wasn't doing any fancy kind of meditation, it was really more like mental training, just trying to go blank.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience and what people's opinions are of this experience. I feel like this was an actual person but could I be mistaken? Maybe some of you could offer tips on doing this under will or controlling who I connect to?

I'm open to all interpretations but please, do me a personal favor and keep it civil.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have had this experience. Hard to say who in question it could be, it may have been an actual living person you hyper-linked consciousness with, or it could have been one of your spirit guides. Try to remain calm if it happens again and see if you can engage him in some dialogue telepathically.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
From personal experience, i know that English or any other type of physical human language isn't required to communicate. I understand that communication is by emotion and a lot of intuition. I had an experience in another dimension during a meditative state that was so clear i can describe it.

For anyone who hasn't seen Inception yet, i do apologize... Let me start off by saying that at least for me... going into the 5th or 4th dimension can be a little tricky. It's kind of how they described dreaming in Inception. You never know how you got there, you just have to realize that you are dreaming and then you know your in control once you break that realization boundary.

When i felt i was already at a higher plane than the physical one... I encountered two entities that i could physically make out in my mind but i knew if i focused in on them i couldn't tell if they were human flesh. They were telling me to breathe and relax, at least the female entity was communicating that to me. The male was just watching over her shoulder at me. I kept insisting i didn't want to leave and i had many questions! Sadly before i could start asking, i starting breathing again and SNAPPED back into the 3rd dimension. They could have been guides, i don't know really.

It all happens so quick but i know what i saw. I just know visually everything is completely different on the other side. Its like a different type of matter or something, it's def not Earthly at least to my knowledge. Hope i could have been helpful!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I cannot answer about the face you saw.
I am learning meditation and often get those 'flashes' which break your 'no-thought'.
the last one was a parent and child walking through a doorway as i was walking out. i had to side-step quickly to avoid the little kid running into me.
Other's are flashes of faces, horse-n-buggies(??), street scenes, etc.
hearing your name whispered/called out in your room (has happened twice), really flips me to the point of getting up to check the house.

It's hard not to have your brain react when these things pop up. i thought the idea was to let these 'images' playout in front of you without them interupting you.

does that help?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It wasn't frightening in anyway, it was just unexpected. I wasn't attempting anything other than what amounts to practice. It was like a flash, I think it might've lasted if I had kept my focus, I just wasn't expecting it. I do, however, feel like it taught me a lesson, like it happened to solidify my faith in meditation.

I don't really think it was a spiritual entity and it certainly wasn't evil, I feel like it was a person It was like I somehow bumped into him accidentally but we connected very closely for a short period. It certainly wasn't imaginative, it was pretty real.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

It's hard not to have your brain react when these things pop up. i thought the idea was to let these 'images' playout in front of you without them interupting you.

does that help?

You're right, but I'm used to images. This was more, it wasn't "etheric" it was much more vivid, more defined and more complex than what I was used to and it all came on at once, like I had just opened my eyes.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is my plan for the future, I would like to learn how to purposefully cultivate the ability and chose who I connect with. Though I feel that it was so strong because this person was meditating as well, I'm not sure how well it would've worked with someone untrained.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

When i meditate, i usually feel like im connecting with my other "self" in a parallel universe or many. You know staying open and having a blank state of mind. Maybe the person you were connecting was a "you" in another world.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

From what I've read it seems like you're referring to the higher self, the astral self, sometimes called the Holy Guardian Angel. This was definitely someone else, it wasn't me in any way but I felt what it was like to occupy his physical form, it's hard to explain.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Interesting, well we all work in different ways. Maybe you've established a WiFi connection with someone else, call it WiMed lol

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

This is a common phenomena among some folks. Others will say, "Aw, you're crazy!"
I've had a lifetime of such images not during meditation but in any possible daily activity but usually when quiet with a low level of sensory imput. I frequently can see the individual locks of hair that falls over the person's face or lines in their faces. Always the scene includes one or more (usually more than one) humans in some sort of non-dramatic setting. I can notice the clothes, and while the image is just a flash, the memory of the details disappear about as quickly. I've tried to hang on to aspects of the scene, but when I try to determine the era from the clothing of those I see, I always seem to lose the whole image...basically forgetting it also in a flash.

Several years ago I tried to write a descriptive term for the phenomena which is similar, I believe, to Remote Viewing (of which I have done a bit) but yet it is different. This is what I came up with: Spontaneous Acquisition Non-Directed Information (SANDI), or Spontaneous Non-directed Information Acquistion (SNDIA.) Anyone care to improve on this definition?

edit on 14-10-2010 by Aliensun because: clarification

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I like the term you came up with, it did sort of seem like we were both going our own way and somehow I bumped right into him. I think somehow I tuned into his frequency without even trying and, for a second, received a good deal of information. Again, it was more than just an image, that was just part of it. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't from a different time or dimension, just a different geographical location.

I've seen images before but nothing this strong.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
I cannot answer about the face you saw.
I am learning meditation and often get those 'flashes' which break your 'no-thought'.
the last one was a parent and child walking through a doorway as i was walking out. i had to side-step quickly to avoid the little kid running into me.
Other's are flashes of faces, horse-n-buggies(??), street scenes, etc.
hearing your name whispered/called out in your room (has happened twice), really flips me to the point of getting up to check the house.

does that help?

It depends what are you intending to do during meditation? If you want to open up and activate your Chakras, no, you shouldn't try to allow your mind to wander off to these images. If you want to see random images, don't focus on your inner eye. Don't focus at the lights or flashes you see with the eyes closed. Just close your eyes and pretending you are sleeping seating up. You will see random images. In fact, you won't realize you are seeing them until you become consciously aware of them.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You might not be on here anymore but I just woke clear out of my meditation because of a similar experience.

Ive been meditating for some time now. It is no longer just for peace but for everything I do now.
I started doing so when I was 19...or I stumbled on to it when I was 19. I never knew anything about meditating never was taught never saw anything....I was just connected one night.
I'd been laying in the bed next to my girlfriend and couldn't sleep. Just lied there thinking deeply about everything. Then the light flashed several times in this dark room I'm in. I could see the monster inside my girlfriend...scared the # out of me.
Several times messages or experiences happened to me....I use to write them down or draw what I saw. And every time the message would be revealed.

Now fast forward 10 years of learning meditation and practicing. I've been....led towards this desire to bring someone else....to see inside someone else.
Secretly I would have my girlfriend lay on me while I was meditating she thinking I was sleep and get falling sleep.
Tonight tho it scared me. She started talking in get sleep in a very very clear whisper. As of she was repeating something she had said to someone else. I knew at that moment it was about to get scary. Then she was....sending me something. Think of in the green mile when the black dude sucks the disease out of Tim hanks..well I was the black dude but she was blowing this information inside of me it was overwhelming me and draining my body...I tried to wake her up I tried to scratch get and out my fingers in get mouth because I couldn't talk send I could barely move. She did it again and the second time drained me twice as much as the first it took all my power to say her name in which it scared both of us up and awake.
I'm laying here trying to breathe normally.

Bare with my typos if anyone knows more about this type of experience or know someone I could talk to it be greatly appreciated.

I think I'm about to try again.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheycallmeAmber

I wouldn't recommend pursuing that.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheycallmeAmber

It sounds pretty freaky... What was she saying?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences. Actually a few years ago, I also felt the presnce of a man. I could feel myself become him. He looked European.
I've been discovering myself spiritually recently too though. However, a show I highly recommend you watch, is Sense8. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowflux

I think I've experienced something similar while, not actively meditating but in a state of exhausted resting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting you mention feeling a connection to another being for a flash, similar to how I describe feeling like I'm two people

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
I too have never meditated. If I close my eyes for more than a hot minute, I am going to go to sleep.

But I had a similar experience just a week or two ago. I know I was in a twilight sleep because I was aware that I was dreaming. I was standing at the copse of trees that would take me into the tree canopied area of my property, but I didn't want to enter the forest. The whole canopied area was filled with bright red light from the sunset. I could see all the way to the other end of the trees to the open field, it was all lit up with the red light. It was beautiful.

I was not afraid. I just didn't want to enter. Suddenly two hands came from nowhere and wrapped around the calves of my legs and was gently trying to pull me forward. It was a gentle urging, there was no force in the grab or the pulling. It didn't even cause me to move my feet, but the pulling was persistent. Again, I was never afraid, and I never saw the person attached to the arms.

I knew I didn't want to enter, not yet. I said out loud, in my dream, "I don't want to go in now." "I will wait until the light turns blue". The hands let go, like saying, "okay", and I woke up sitting straight up in the bed.

What made it super odd was that I had the same exactly semi-lucid dream about 2 days later. The only difference was that with the second dream he had his hands around my waist.

edit on 30-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just a reflection of makkyo; an apearance mirroring oneself why the mirror? The mirror is not attached to the relection... the goal was to be the mirror in emptiness being attached to what appeared? The reflection did not occur because the mind grasped the makkyo. All apperances internal and external are makkyo, some more elaborate than others; the ones most agreed upon make our entire reality what it is... even the forms that appear to be solid, a micro-cosim reflecting the macro just as etherial but since so many agree to it as a reality then it remains just as solid... the freer from such conceptual solidity one becomes? The less solid that is seen as external becomes the same as none of the internal is seen as solid or existing just a reflection grasped at; eventually even the external will mirror the internal after such a state of release is realized.

The realization of it internally is nibanna or fruition with remainder; the realization of it externally as well? Nibanna without remainder. The difference? Only the form others are attached to as oneself is the remaining hinderence... compassion and empathy however; shows loving kindness to those ignorant in such grasping of attachment that the body or any part of it is them and then such a thing? Is then ignorantly reflected on you... thus making it a reality or emmination but it is a emmination body of their attachment... as a mirror.

Such a thing existed and yet has never existed; only in the ignorance of grasping such as solid lasting and not impermanent arising and passing moment to moment only due to that grasping... is what keeps it so; when internal grasps at external and external grasps at external appearances then both are caught in a very strong ignorance, when there is no internal and only the external grasps due to their own attachment? Then that is attachment not one's own.

Of course it is very very difficult to excerise compassion and empathy towards those so strongly attached... so of course one must at times become an emmination they do not want to accept or be around so to force detachment as it is not real not one single thing another holds about you is a you, never was and never could be it is just appearances... but not knowing oneself and the true nature of things? They grasp... the same way the appearance was grasped in your mediation, pulling you out of being the mirror and instead grasped.

The buddha on the road killed you instead of you killing it by removing your intention by showing you that all is simply empty and there is nothing beyond appearances smoke, a bubble as soon as you grasp at either it is disturbed or popped from it's nature of just being in the moment of it arising it would pass naturally as all things do from the largest mountain to the smallest atomic bond without any grasping at it.

An example of both internal and external becoming just as empty; there was a Tibetian Lama visiting a meditation place of Naropa; Naropa having made the entire place void free from his attachment? The Lama having done the same? Only attached to Naropa as his teacher... his foot started sinking through solid rock not even noticing it; an attendent noticing this? Made him aware of it occuring so he lifted his foot to alay the fear the attendent had and there was left a footprint in solid rock as if it were mud.

Such is the strength of attachment in graspping and also the strength of when there is release from such.

Maybe a bit more resolve in your practice; that no matter what were to arise? That it too shall pass; as that is just the very nature of nature itself.

top topics

join