It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Strange'' Alien Signal Coming From Gliese 581g, Scientist Claims!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The newly discovered exosolar planet of Gliese 581g, where a scientist claims to have seen a strange "pulse of light" coming from that planet. Read more in the sources below...

SPACE.COM SOURCE

FOX NEWS SOURCE

LIVE SCIENCE SOURCE

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK SOURCE

EVEN MORE SOURCES...
edit on 13-10-2010 by juice656 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2010 by juice656 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I hate to burst your bubble, but it's the claim of the signal that's "Very Suspicious", not the signal itself. I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on our parts to hope it's true. We'll see, though

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I enjoy the fact that they act as if its been the first time this has ever happened.
I have a belief that this is all preconditioning for what they are hoping will fool us all.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah. . .something just doesn't add up. Well, it adds up if it were all to be an elaborate global hoax or something. We can't forget what Von Braun allegedly said. "The last card" is an alien presence. Perhaps news of a pending attack. We must also remember that what they will tell us, is exactly what they want us to know. . .no more, no less. And it will be laden with mis-truths.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The articles (yes, all of them) are incorrect.

The signal did not come from the Gliese system. Not anywhere near the Gliese system. It came from 47 Tucanae, about half way across the sky from Gliese.

Gliese RA 15 19 26.82 Dec -07 43 20.2
Tucanae RA 00 24 .0567 Dec -72 04 52.6

In December 2008 a sharp laser look alike signal emanating from 47 Tucanae was detected. However, further searches in the same region have failed to detect the signal again.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yep Bathal's claim for finding this spot of light is the same month Phage's linked to info said for 47 Tucanae. And in the OP's linked article it says Bathal hasn't said where this story's signal was seen.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Tayesin because: dyslexic typing fingers made mistakes

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yep Agree with Phage on this one

This has been discussed on one or two other threads here on ATS. Leave it to the MSM to screw things up

new topics

top topics

join