It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican police official investigating shooting death of American on border lake is found dead, headl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Mexican police official investigating shooting death of American on border lake is found dead, headless

www.foxnews.com

U.S. and Mexican authorities say a Mexican state police commander investigating the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by pirates has been killed.

Ruben Rios, spokesman for the Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office, says Commander Rolando Flores, the head of state investigators in the border city of Ciudad Miguel Aleman, was killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This will (IMO) turn into more political fuel for the election as this border condition heats up. More people are getting killed due to gang/drug wars and Americans are being killed in the process. I'm still very curious as to when ir even if they will find the lady's husband that triggered this round of killings. The spokesman said the killing was not related BUT, if he was out participating in the investigation of the American killed then I'd say he is either out of touch, ignorant or just plain wrong.

www.foxnews.com
edit on 10/12/2010 by mikelee because: Add text

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What the people down there are experiencing at the hands of these criminals boggles the mind. Beheadings. Kidnappings. Shootouts. Rape. It sounds like the exact type of thing that Saddam Hussein perpetrated on the people of Iraq. Something MUST be done. It's going to spill across the border.

It's absolutely terrifying to read about things like this.

I know it's a hot button topic and I respect that some people are all for amnesty and opening our border, but I'm not. This story is a prime example of why. I'm not narrow minded enough to paint all the people in that country with the same brush ... I'm sure that there are many who want to come here and simply make an honest living ... but I don't feel comfortable with the bad apples also coming.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Did he "commit suicide" like apparently all the Canadians who die in Mexico do?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We need to push Mexico into letting us aid them the same way we Columbia with Escobar. A couple years, a bunch of lives and many empty shell casings later, Escobar was executed on a roof top. The fact that there are many cartels competing and fighting down there makes the task even easier. Send in "Advisory" units and start building a task force. Hunt these morons down city by city, block by block. If in the next 12 months, people related to high-ranking cartel members start turning up dead and mutilated, you will know it's begun. Check out "los pepes" to get an idea of what I'm talking about. I don't like conflict, I don't get a thrill out of people dying; but when an organization is as ruthless and outright dangerous as these cartels, well then you send the wolves to kill the wolves. That or let the sheep continue to be pushed around and slaughtered.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Keep in mind it says the investigator was found beheaded
not the tourist

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

Mexican police official investigating shooting death of American on border lake is found dead, headless

www.foxnews.com

U.S. and Mexican authorities say a Mexican state police commander investigating the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by pirates has been killed.

Ruben Rios, spokesman for the Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office, says Commander Rolando Flores, the head of state investigators in the border city of Ciudad Miguel Aleman, was killed.

Fox news. They would run this story and make that connection on wishful thinking. Every other station is looking at the wife as the most likely suspect, yet the republican station that hopes for tougher immigration laws takes this route. This investigation probably isn't what got the man killed, it was probably, you know, all his other investigations into pirates and gangs. It's funny to watch fox attempt to perpetuate a conspiracy theory when they've laughed in the faces of so many others. Eh, if you ARE the news and it helps your agenda I guess.
edit on 12-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Its possible that the officer was getting too close to some kind of smuggling operation.Its also possible that the couple inadvertently were screwing up some kind of operation by their presence too.
In fact it would seem an ideal place to smuggle drugs across the border.
The smugglers could even simply drop their cargoes and the recievers pick them up later from the water....
I would be looking very closely at having the navy or some other outfit monitor the lake.However the US gov seems disinclined to stop the drug trafficking in any serious way.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

This will (IMO) turn into more political fuel for the election as this border condition heats up.

Why?

This is all happening in Mexico...why would US election be effected by what is happening inside of Mexico?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You really should actually read the source material and determine the origins of the articles before discounting it, due to a personal bias. Ever hear of the Associated Press?

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
[

Fox news. They would run this story and make that connection on wishful thinking. Every other station is looking at the wife as the most likely suspect, yet the republican station that hopes for tougher immigration laws takes this route. This investigation probably isn't what got the man killed, it was probably, you know, all his other investigations into pirates and gangs. It's funny to watch fox attempt to perpetuate a conspiracy theory when they've laughed in the faces of so many others. Eh, if you ARE the news and it helps your agenda I guess.

Fox News did not make up the FACT that the investigator was found beheaded, this rally did happen. For you to brush it off because of political reasons is ignorant, like stereotyping.

DO you deny that in Mexico there is a real battle going on amongst and between the cartels, govt and military?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mikelee

This will (IMO) turn into more political fuel for the election as this border condition heats up.

Why?

This is all happening in Mexico...why would US election be effected by what is happening inside of Mexico?

You really need to read more news. There seems to be a national division from the local level all the way up to Washington DC about how to deal with the influx of violence along the U.S.-Mexican border, not to mention the illegal immigrants.

Mexican Drug Cartel Violence Spills Over, Alarming U.S.

Mexican Drug Cartel Warns Police Officers in Arizona Border Town to 'Look the Other Way'

Additional Guard troops sent to Arizona border

Obama criticizes Arizona immigration law

These are just a few articles dealing with the very real problem that's happening right now and the people that want to do something to solve the problem are being labeled "intolerant" and "bigots."

I foresee the violence escalating to the point where Mexican immigrants entering this country will have to go through legal channels or be shot on sight. Going through a legal process will be easier than trying to sneak in and risking a sure death.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm really getting sick of this crap!
Something needs to be done and I mean yesterday.

I say get all the mind control experts and give those drug dealers a remote viewing experience they'll never forget.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.salem-news.com...

Above is a link to an article with only a single source. Similar articles can be found from smaller news sources across the web. It would not surprise me the least, however the single, unverifiable source is always troubling. If I had to place a bet, I would say the picture from the article is of operators in Afghanistan.

What I found very interesting, though I have not yet verified this information, is:

Los Zetas, a powerful drug cartel, was founded by deserters from the Mexican Special Forces. They also have recruited many members from the Guatemalan Special Forces, who were trained by US military advisors to conduct counter-insurgency operations during the Guatemalan civil war.

That adds a whole new dynamic.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Star!
I see you've been watching "Men Who Stare At Goats."

I'm still laughing at your post.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Its actually funny that you mention it, but its already done, and look at the consequences, these so called "cartels" are trained by us officials, I mean please, where do they get those guns, the massive amounts of resources those militias consume could easily equal the military force of several Latin American countries, this extreme violence escalated a few years ago, it hasn't always been that way, they utilize this to control US the ones eating the news!
Things like this do happen, but they are not doing this alone, be ware the evil machine gun, fear the one that recasts the events...

We are getting hammered by monsters on all sides, the siege is on its final stages, we should at least demand cleaner clearer media first, right?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I hope everyone knows that all of this is happening because the us government has funneled so much money into the trafficking of narcotics into the united states to further fuel OUR drug war that is just a little less bloody but claims more lives way more profitably.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You really should actually read the source material and determine the origins of the articles before discounting it, due to a personal bias. Ever hear of the Associated Press?

hosted.ap.org...

The associated who?! NO please tell me more about them?
Try again, it's a Fox News article contributed to by the associated press which means nothing except less work for Fox when they have to tweak the story to make it better align. They've been trying to say this was cartel related and swearing by weak evidence. The case is most likely that this woman killed her husband. That is usually the case. They said there have been three incidences on the lake of cartel approaching people prior to this incidence you know what those have different about them. The cartel let all those people go. Why make trouble for themselves for no reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
[

Fox News did not make up the FACT that the investigator was found beheaded, this rally did happen. For you to brush it off because of political reasons is ignorant, like stereotyping.

DO you deny that in Mexico there is a real battle going on amongst and between
the cartels, govt and military?

Re-read my post. I never said they made that up. What I was getting at was they are trying to make a conspiracy out of this. That guy probably was beheaded, and it probably was because he messes with the cartel. BUT it probably didn't have anything to do with his investigating the lake incident. Republicans just need this one because an innocent American couple that are in love is a good point to push their agenda with. A young wife killing her husband and blaming mexican cartels, the new "it was a random black guy," isn't as helpful of a story. That mexican cop, all of his work probably involved the cartels and gangs. His being beheaded I doubt had anything to do with the lake incident. You guys however need to think outside the box, as well as learn to get the most out of what you are reading because it should have been obvious what i was saying.
edit on 13-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The drugs “cartels” (not really cartels in a true sense) have vastly more power in the region than the government or security forces. This would mean that Mexico is essentially a failed state, if you believe that it is in Mexico’s interests to combat the drugs trade and that they are actively trying to do this.

Mexico’s chief “problem” is that the USA consumes massive quantities of narcotics. The border between the two countries is sparsely populated and the warring between rival “cartels” does not threaten the Mexican regime. It must be accepted that until the USA can stem its need for drugs, then the business opportunity will always be there and the drug smuggling will persist.

Those who control the “cartels” are excellent businessmen; they conduct much of their work quietly and very efficiently. When things are balanced between the cartels, it is quiet and when it is unbalanced things get very bloody.

A war on drugs would create an imbalance that would cause far more trouble than it is worth and it is not dealing with the source of the problem, just treating a symptom of the USA’s need for drugs and even if the drug cartels are destabilised, they will eventually remerge one way or another.

Added to this is that in many ways, Mexico benefits greatly from the drugs trade mainly because the money that the cartels rake in (tens of billions of $ annually with ridiculous profit margins) then needs to be laundered into legitimate enterprises.

It is not in the Mexican government’s interests to interrupt this flow of money. Indeed the level of “cartel” infiltration of the government and security services means that even if it was, it would likely continue regardless.
edit on 13/10/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join