It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Jewish ATS members - what do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello all, I often get through a few hours each night exploring conspiracy forums, and sometimes, when looking at the World's woes there is often anti - Jewish sentiment expressed.

Now, I am British , of what racial extraction, I really dont know, a bit of Irish and other stuff as far as I am aware, and like millions of people, a mixture of all sorts, but in reality, I really don't care, I just see myself as Human first, and nationality/ race whatever as really, 'made up artificial concepts' that are , in the terms of our Infinite Universe, meaningless.

So, if I see anti British sentiments they dont really 'hurt' me personally as sometimes they are funny. sometimes products of ignorance, and sometimes true - but all in all, I don't take them to heart.

I might defend the rights of other people, but personally, any 'hate' would pass right by me, without irking me a great deal.

For example, if someone is critical of the British Empire, I might agree, or disagree, depending on the subject, but whatever I feel, I am ultimately not responsible for things that happened hundreds of years before I was born.

So, to my original point; How do you, if you are Jewish ( of whatever percentage) feel when you read about Conspiracies, that sometimes end up, however stupidly, blaming the 'Jews'.

Do you feel hurt, angry, disappointed or don't you care?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

So, to my original point; How do you, if you are Jewish ( of whatever percentage) feel when you read about Conspiracies, that sometimes end up, however stupidly, blaming the 'Jews'.

Wait...understand that there is an ideological difference between Judaism and Zionism, and the threads on this site almost always focus on the latter.

With that said - I think it's time for a bagel...

edit on 12-10-2010 by facelift because: i refuse to fill this part out...but if you must know - grammar issue.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Wait...understand that there is an ideological difference between Judaism and Zionism, and the threads on this site almost always focus on the latter.

The literature that now passes as Anti-Zionist passed as Anti-Jewish 100 years ago. Its the same literature with the same theories. The forces spreading this literature merely exchanged the word "Jew" with the word "Zionist" so that they could continue spreading the message unhindered.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix

Do you feel hurt, angry, disappointed or don't you care?

I find myself in a funny position and perhaps a particularly interesting one to answer from.

I was raised Jewish and was even went through a Bar Mitzvah when I was 13. I was never really that religious but can say that I officially lost my faith around 5 years later.

Long story of researching philosophy and the major religions cut well short, I find myself most identified with Buddhism.

Now despite this some people who knew me before this time in my life, and some others who know I have a Jewish family insist that I'm still Jewish. I don't mind a bit of self-deprecating humor every now and then, but I've never understood the notion that one could carry a religion in their blood.

Onto the topic, those conspiracies usually name Zionists as their perpetrators. People who blame the Jews are simply ignorant or trying to perpetuate years old hate of a group of people who share ideas on god. Their hatred for their fellow humans bother me, but the fact that they hate Jews in particular is meaningless to me until they attempt to connect religious belief with genetics.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Thanks for sharing your story.

Very interesting.

I sometimes wonder if Humans will ever really stop hating each other, what will it be like in a thousand years time? will it ever end?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by facelift

The literature that now passes as Anti-Zionist passed as Anti-Jewish 100 years ago. Its the same literature with the same theories. The forces spreading this literature merely exchanged the word "Jew" with the word "Zionist" so that they could continue spreading the message unhindered.

Thanks for the 411...

But was the OP coming from that angle..? I got from the OP that he wonders if Jews feel slighted when they hear rhetoric and conjecture - so I pointed out that at least on this site, the flaming is aimed towards the Zionist agenda, not the Jewish people in general.

Once again - on this site...
edit on 12-10-2010 by facelift because: i need a grammar beating...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
hi
born to jewish parents
i can answer
i dont feel myself tied to a religion as i firmly believe the ancient gods including the jewish ones were ets
however i do feel a connection to jews simply as people, and israel especially
its my ancestors whove been persecuted for milleniums and i take it very personaly when people blame the problems of the world on the jews
yes i know about the bankers etc etc, but come on not all the fat cat bankers running the shots are jewish
there is evil unfortunatly in every race or religion.
so in answer, whilst i dont consider myself a religious jew, i do take it personally

i have many cousins in the tzahal - idf, and if it ever came to it and israel was under threat, id move to israel, join the army, and yes i would kill to defend israel, sorry

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

Hi - thanks for sharing.

I have often thought about the Gods of Old being of ET origin, but I havent really explored any literature. Can you recommend any good books or websites?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
reply to post by daluniverse

Hi - thanks for sharing.

I have often thought about the Gods of Old being of ET origin, but I havent really explored any literature. Can you recommend any good books or websites?

thanks
sure
the one thing that comes to mind that is jews are told not to question god
ive asked many rabbis why did god send 6 million of his `loved ones` to the chambers
and they said `we dont ask questions from god`

the death penalties during the times of the temples which will come back into place when their `messiah` brings the rebuilding of their temple, are horrifying from decapitation to strangulation to stoning to exploding the stomache..

en.wikipedia.org...

also their god changes his name from adonai to elohim to shadiy in fact there are seven names for god in the bible even though they claim there is only one god
also ive said in other threads the words for god, heaven, stars and planet in hebrew are all plural

i definatly think the jews have been taken for a ride,

no father would let his `loved ones` be sent to the chambers!

i feel really sorry for them because theres so many wonderful jewish people, but theyve been lied to.

oh, and one explanation they give for the fact that there are bones and fossils dating back millions of years so how come their god created it all just 6,000 or so years ago, and the answer is `its a test from satan`

so yeh, it pains me to say this but either satan is extremeley clever and fooled me, and this is one massive sadistic `test from god` to the point where the lives and suffering of his loved ones means nothing to him...
or indeed `he` is simply an entity who played god thousands of years ago and people are still fooling for it

as ive said many times i DO BELIEVE in a creator behind everything, just not the ones that humans worship - ESPECIALLY NOT islam
edit on 12-10-2010 by daluniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I presently have a thread going on what i think is a Israeli involvment in 9/11...i am sure some people have read...but i always state clearly the difference between the Zionist movement and seperate Jews from that.
I believe that as i have been informed from other jews that there is a big difference...as not all Jews are Zionists.
I think that is where the difference comes in...People such as myself are not being Anti-Semetic we are being Anti-Zionist.
also if you search the net you will find many many sites that are Jews against Zionism.
I believe that the difference is that the Zionist feel they have a biblical right to a separate state of Israel....which is the birth of much conflict.
Not sure if that helps out at all....and please correct me if i am wrong.
I do believe that Extremism Exsists in most religions...and that Zionism is that form of Extremism that ends up blaming the Jewish people themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i am not quite sure what your saying...but if it is that Judiaism is the the same as Zionism...i think is not quite correct.

The Zionist movement which was formed at the latter part of the last century, sought to endow the Jews with a nationalistic character which was heretofore strange to them. It sought to deprive them of their historically religious character and offered in substitution of faith in G-d and adherence to the Torah, and belief in their ultimate redemption by the coming of the Messiah, a nationalistic ideology and the possibility of establishing through political media, a Jewish national homeland

JEWS AGAINST ZIONISM

There is much much more on the diffences, Zionism is a foreign way of thinking to the Orthodox Jew

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
" "Frank was born Barnett Frank[4] to a Jewish family in Bayonne, New Jersey, one of four children of Sam and Elsie. Frank's father ran a Jersey City truck stop—a place Frank describes as "totally corrupt"—and served a year in prison, when Frank was 6 or 7, for refusing to testify to a grand jury against Frank's uncle.[5]" "

what does anybody think of U.S. Congressman Barney Frank?

he is Jewish and the son of a Jewish criminal!

AND, he is in a position of HUGE POWER .. voted "in" by his district.

en.wikipedia.org...

is HE a "forged" and corrupt politician??

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

just thought i might put forward a couple of definitions.

Definition of Zionism:

an organization of Jews whose goal is to create a nation for Jews.

Definition of Judaism:

Jews collectively who practice a religion based on the Torah and the Talmud.

Rothchilds history

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
First it makes me sad, and then it makes me worried for my safety. Even seemingly sane cultures can turn very ugly, very quickly, when that sort of hate spreads and perpetuates and goes unchecked. It's of course happened before to Jews, but you can see the same sort of pattern in other genocides across the world: Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur, Bosnia, etc. I was good friends with a Bosnian girl in college (a Bosnian Muslim) who escaped from the genocide there and she told me some of the most harrowing stories about what the Serbs did. Likewise, I grew up with the sons, daughters and grandchildren of Holocaust survivors, so those kinds of stories and fears run very deep for me - it's something I, and I think most Jews, grew up with always fearing might happen again and quite honestly, I do believe that somewhere, sometime it will. Hopefully not in my lifetime, but there will come a point, and somewhere in some country the political conditions will be ripe to let it happen, and all those ancient hatreds will come to the surface once again, and many will die. That's very real to me, that is what I assume to be a fact about the future for my people. The Holocaust wasn't the first anti-Jewish pogrom - not even close - and it certainly won't be the last.

In the past decade or so, anti-Jewish sentiment has really grown exponentially, it seems. It was always simmering but it's gotten a lot, LOT worse. I think the activities of Likud and other even more radical Conservative Jews in Israel have not helped at all, exacerbating and increasing the turmoil their, alongside the radical elements among Arabs and Palestinians. This has generated a lot of ill-will first towards Israel and by extension, towards all Jews, everywhere. Their radicalism was bred by anti-Jewish radicalism, which intern breeds more anti-Jewish radicalism as they give cause to others to blame Jews for the things they do. It's a vicious spiral that is very hard to arrest.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
That is interesting Lifeand death....and i think it is being done on purpose as to seat the power of the anti-christ if you want i can post some things here but i do not want to take the thread off topic as the topic is interesting...but if you read from the start of this link it may help to understand the Endgame Agenda...and how it is this exact form of Anti-semtism that is the tool.

here is an interesting tidbit.

2002: Webster's Third New International Dictionary (Unabridged), re-printed in 2002, provides a new definition of Anti Semitism which has not been updated since 1956. It reads,
"Anti-Semitism: (1) hostility toward Jews as a religious or racial minority group, often accompanied by social, political or economic discrimination (2) opposition to Zionism (3) sympathy for the opponents of Israel."
It was definition (2) and (3) that were added in the 2002 edition, just before the USA decide to invade Iraq under orders from the State of Rothschild, I mean Israel. Also this year, the Prime Minister of Israel, war criminal, Ariel Sharon, orders the massacre in the Jenin refugee camp in the West Bank. Best get that definition updated to protect these criminals.

State Of Rothchilds

don't worry though a lot of people are Awake and are not Anti-Jewish.....
Many people are Anti-Zionist.

So i therefore ignore the definiton that has been updated as there is a big difference and that definition change is another insult to peoples intelligence and is also an insult to the Jewish people themselves
edit on 033131p://f29Wednesday by plube because: added a letter

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Being jewish, I must admit it most times felt like we were upkeeping an old fable.
Then I came across the stuff at
www.thechronicleproject.org...
I realized I had proof that the idea that we developed up from surrounding cultures could not have occurred because of what had been found in the ACTUAL Hebrew language (read their study and how to notes, it explains what I'm saying).
A language that cannot import from other languages, making it unlike standard earth languages.
I know the stuff sounds a little ET, but not grays
Interesting how with all of the ALIEN stuff, no one ever seems to come across the ET's described here.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

great post

thanks for your input, it is very interesting.

top topics

join