It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Reciever of US Forgein Aid, Israel, Has 30% of it's Children Hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OK...

As an American, who thinks we need to fix problems in America before we send money outside our boarders, this only strengthens my beliefs.

Israel is the #1 receiver of US foreign aid, and before the last couple years literally had received more aid than every other country in the world combined.

They are also one of the smallest countries in the world, and many countries hundreds of times more people receive less aid.

So these people should be living the good life, right?

WRONG.

This money is used for corporations and arms, NOT the people, who we send it over there for.

If you watch the videos, the current government still won't even give holocaust survivors the money Germany sent over for them yet, and there AREN'T many left!

Who gets all that money when they are all dead?

Here is just a few videos showing that children are stealing food to survive, holocaust survivors are eating out of dumpsters, and working people are not paid a living wage and struggle to buy the most meager amounts of food.

Listen to the statistics, if you think this is just a couple poor people in a big city, you are WRONG again.

ISN'T THIS EXACTLY WHAT THE MONEY THAT'S TAKEN FROM OUR CHECKS EACH WEEK SUPPOSED TO BE PREVENTING?

edit on 11-10-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Israel is the root of evil in the Middle East and it's not due to the fact that some jews live there, the policies, the aggression it's just untolerable and it makes me sad that the U.S is aiding those people in their crimes. Plus the whole internet defence force thing after a post like this they will swarm the thread and keep shouting "anti-semitic" without any consideration. I can't tolerate pulling out the pity holocaust card and especially if the actual holocaust survivors are treated like dirt in that hellhole of theirs.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by enteri

I was just going to say the same thing... lol... you beat me to it!

Magnum

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
America needs to cut the umbilical cord ey.

Call me an anti-semite, but I don't understand why if you are a Jewish person who wants to go live in Jerusalem why Israel as a contemporary nation needs to exist. Surely those who wish to do so could just live in a secular Palestinian state and still have the same access to holy sites as any other, I mean there are thousands of Jews living in Iran of all places, with little drama.

Israel LITERALLY is an apartheid state, and should be recognized as such.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

You are just full of [snip], aren't you?

1) No, Israel does not get half of the aid, it doesn't even get a third, it gets 1/20 of the aid..
www.census.gov...
And it is hardly #1...

2) It only gets military aid, it doesn't get to spend it however it likes, are you that naive?!

3) This just goes to show that Israel is not the big rich oppressor you make it out to be- It is not much better off then Gaza, if this statistic is true, right? This just proves that this war is killing us both!

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF NOTHING MORE THAN LIES, DAMNED LIES, AND STATISTICS...

You guys don't even bother checking.. All you care about is spewing your 12 year old flame troll mentality nonsese- "OMGZ!!! ISREAL IS TEH EVILEST CONTRY IN TEH WORLDZ!!!!!!!1111 TEHY KILLS PEPOL ALL TEH TIME!!!11"...

Pathetic.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2010 by Dr Love because: (please don't circumvent the censors)

edit on 13-10-2010 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Why does Israel get military aid from the U.S? It isn't at war, its an occupying force. Palestine has no standing army.
Continued reading of threads like these just affirms that the huge and mighty U.S of A is just a whipping boy for an insignificant blot on this planet. Which, when you think about it, is so ass backwards it makes you chuckle.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

1. If you are going to give sources, at least take the time to check out your own statistics. In the U.S. Foreign Economic and Military Aid by Major Recipient Country report from your source (which is rather outdated and only goes up to 2007), Israel is actually the number 3 country behind Iraq and Afghanistan.

Another report from your source is U.S. Government Foreign Grants and Credits by Country, which again only goes up to 2008 unfortunately. But if you take the time to look at the numbers you'll see that Israel is number 3, behind Iraq and Afghanistan.

So no, it's hardly number one. It's number 3 behind two counties US invaded and wrecked.

2. Again, please check your own source. The report is called "U.S. Government Foreign Grants and Credits". What makes you believe that this is for military only? You seem to be mistaken. The military report is separate. Israel does indeed receive standard foreign aid.

3. No, it goes to show that foreign aid being given by US, which should be used for non-military purposes, is not actually aiding the people that need it, and that some holocaust survivors are now living below the poverty line while the government keeps their money from them.

So if you need to respond in such a childish manner, please at least make sure you read and understand your own sources first of all

edit on 13-10-2010 by Nammu because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OllyP

Hey, I'm with you, wish some of that money would go to other things, but we still need the aid-
1) We're still at war with Hamas and Hizballa who are receiving funding from Iran and other terrorist organizations.
2) We still have enemies around here that could attack us, even though we're not at war with them, but we're not friendly with them either (Syria, Lebanon, Turkey perhaps..).

I guess the U.S finds that they're better off with us there, than without us there..

reply to post by Nammu

1) I have checked my sources, and the fact you choose to focus is that it's #3 which is not "hardly #1" enough for you.
What you choose to ignore is that it doesn't receive half of the aid, it receives 1/20 of the aid that the US has spent world wide.
Which was my main point all along, so why do I need to check my sources?

2) No, the "U.S. Government Foreign Grants and Credits" is a report you found. The one I found has two columns clearly marked- Military aid, and economical aid..
Seriously, instead of bothering me with your apparent dyslexia, would you do everyone a favor and read everything twice, so you don't make these mistakes again?
I mean, seriously, and you have the gall to accuse me of not knowing my sources.

3) If you look at my sources, and not yours, you'll see that most of the aid is military aid.

So if you need to respond in such a childish manner, please at least make sure you read and understand your own sources first of all

Same to you.

top topics

join