It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

The images are the real deal direct from NASA; the only thing in question is what the heck are those "things"? Cosmic rays hitting the detectors causing artifacts, a solid object, some sort of field phenomena? Something else maybe?

Cosmic Rays per Phage and one of the fellas that works with the images.
This wasn't posted till nine pages in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ptmckiou

Originally posted by jexmo

Originally posted by subby

Originally posted by jexmo
So do we have any more news on the SOHO UFO, or are we still basing all of our outrageous theories on the video of all the police lights and not much else?

Those weren't police cars, they were cosmic rays bouncing off the lens.

nice work.

Why does everyone keep posting pictures of the sun with a really crap paint shop pro drawing on it?! Its a drawing!!!!!
edit on 14/10/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

Stupidity is sooooo exhausting. Go to the Nasa SOHO website and pull up the C2 images for 10-10-10 at 12:12. The photo is on NASA's website. If it is Photoshop'd then someone at NASA had to Photoshop and put it back on their own website. What would be the point of that?

Calm down scary mary!! I'm on the wind up. Im just sick of people posting these pics trying to make out it's a giant spaceship that can tollerate untold amounts of heat because that is stupid! As has already been said, it's most likely a planet.

Get a grip people, not everything that is out of the ordinary is a spaceship lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Puresilence

What two cameras? You don't mean the image from Lockheed Martin do you? It shows the same imaging artifact as the LASCO C2 image because it is the LASCO C2 image. What you are looking at is animation of the difference images from SOHO.
www.lmsal.com...

A difference image is created by digitally subtracting one image from the next one in sequence. This allows changes from one image to the next to be easily seen.
edit on 10/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage, at the link you provided there is an anomaly on it also. At the 7:56 mark or frame 9, look in the lower right hand corner of the image. This is obviously a much narrower shot then the ones being posted on here and the object is a good deal farther away, it appears. However I think that anomaly on it is a bit puzzling to my untrained eye also.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

Using Google Sky, I have found dustpan features in various positions in the coronas of a few other stars. I have not seen a dustpan in isolation away from a star, but I'll keep looking.

Image gallery:

ancientfuture.info...

I think this evidence serves either hypothesis-- that it's a CCD saturation artifact, or we're seeing a UFO charging up at another star.

I'm impressed that the solar dustpan UFO/artifact appears at various perspectives. Seems like a 3D object.

The website ancientfuture.info... displays images of extraterrestrial ships, cities, and technology outposts which are show up if you delve into mysterious corners of Google Sky. A systematic catalog by constellation is under construction. I'm soliciting comment from observatories as to whether these artifacts are consistent with raw telescope data.

best wishes.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by keyseeker

This site catalogs and explains.
bbs.keyhole.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for a highly relevant referral to the Google Earth forum. I signed up.

The explanation / cataloging / debunking page dismissed a NEW ET CITY as a processing artifact because of failure to zoom in-- sort of like attempting to describe DNA while looking through a hand lens!

Meanwhile, the debunker supplied a spectacular lead--

quote: Circuit Boards - There are well over 400 of these in the Google Sky imagery. They are laid out in a regular pattern at 5 degree intervals in the Southern Hemisphere, beginning at declinations between -17 and -47 degrees, and completely circling the Sky in Right Ascension. These are obviously an artifact of the way that the DSS Consortium images are "stitched" together to form a celestial sphere out of flat Sky images. Here are some examples: ...

The ET cities are distributed at regular 5 degree intervals, the author said. I extrapolated from the ancientfuture.info finds and found more! They circle the sky? wow! These square matrix outposts also include segmented technological machinery and extraterrestrial hieroglyphic panels! All the ones I have observed are approximately the same style, I would attribute them to a single culture.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

New discovery! Check this out at AncientFuture.Info. Y-shaped space ship at the Sun! NASA Stereo Behind EUVI 195, 2010-01-21 11:11, 8am position.

Y-shaped Space Ship Found at the Sun!

NASA Stereo Behind EUVI 195, 2010-01-21 11:11:01

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused about this thread being in the paranormal section....I thought there was a whole section dedicated to UFO's and aliens? Just checked, yes there is, so why is this here? Or am I missing the "paranormal" connection?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
too bad there is no other info on this photo anywhere

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
I'm a bit confused about this thread being in the paranormal section....I thought there was a whole section dedicated to UFO's and aliens? Just checked, yes there is, so why is this here? Or am I missing the "paranormal" connection?

Does it really matter? If you don't want to read it then don't!!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by keyseeker

New discovery! Check this out at AncientFuture.Info. Y-shaped space ship at the Sun! NASA Stereo Behind EUVI 195, 2010-01-21 11:11, 8am position.

Y-shaped Space Ship Found at the Sun!

NASA Stereo Behind EUVI 195, 2010-01-21 11:11:01

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Thats what that tiny blur is then? A spaceship? lmao

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Well maybe I'll go start a thread about ghosts on the ufo forum then, and I'm sure there will be lots of people jumping on it complaining.

I've been trying to encourage friends who have the same interest in the paranormal to come and have a look at ATS, but one of them then mailed me to say she wouldn't be joining as the top topic in the paranormal section was about ufo's and right enough I had a look and so it is.

Will flag the thread to the mods and hopefully they'll move it

Thanks Mods...That was quick

edit on 20-10-2010 by destination now because: To thank the mods for their prompt response in moving the thread to it's proper location

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Im glad you got your wish

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

MORE UFOs at SUN

Check out today's STEREO ahead EUVI 195 Sun image at 10:25:30 UT

Space shuttle 9oclock, stairstep pinwheel 4oclock, objects at 11, 2 and 7.

Warning-- this image looks edited-- contrast too high, pixels blotchy, looks like it has been blurred. Also
someone at NASA has a diabolical sense of humor-- the only images available on the SOHO movie viewer are two daily images, one at 13:13!

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Think someone is getting annoyed we are paying attention to the space images?

Does anyone know of software to view the Ahead and Behind stereo images together to get the 3D effect?

I have noticed that the monitor one uses can make a difference, a PNG or JPG image that is clear on a 24 in iMac monitor, looks fuzzy on a laptop. Anyone know if TIFF or another image format would be more reliably viewed across platforms? Skeptics who sneer - you call that smudge a spaceship -- might be unknowingly myopic -- hampered by a low-res monitor.

The features of this image post showed up fine though on a 1024x laptop.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Are you for real or are you here pulling out collective legs? I know having an overactive imagination can be fun, but after a while it starts to make you look bad.

Imaging artifacts are not "ufos", "space shuttles" or anything other than imaging artifacts. Your inability to grasp that easy to understand concept in a rush to believe in the least likely explanation is called "ignorance".

Please tell me I have this all wrong and your just screwing with us, lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The evidence that these objects/UFOs at the sun are a message, not image artifacts are:

1) objects arranged at consistent, but not exact 30 degree interval around the sun
2) saturated pixels not involved
3) objects have different orientation than image pixels
4) the date stamp closest to symmetrical 2010-10-20 10:20

The evidence that these may not be real is overall pixel haziness indicates image modification

Why am I here? I took some time to think about that.

1. Above Top Secret has news you can't find anywhere else
2. Despite adolescent barbs, you can get constructive feedback on ideas
3. The readership is amazingly international

The international membership is important to me because my research indicates that ETs
have our planet surrounded. My thought was if we could organize a cordial, global network
of folks ready and aware of that, we might seem more civilized, we might avert some bad stuff,
and implement a better scenario for a planet with a struggling economy.

I

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
check this out !!!!!!!!
www.spaceweather.com...
waatch video where the writing pops up on top left. they hid whatever is behind.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As much as I'd enjoy a cosmic dustpan to come help clean the house, this is a typical image artefact found in the LASCO CCD camera.

The reason it gets its symmetrical bell shape is because of how the anti-bleeding is handled (when interpreting the analogue signal of the sensors to a digital one) and that the source of the bleed is occurring at an angle across the rows (in the fast readout direction). As a result, the artefact becomes skewed (shear mapped). Applying the appropriate skew to these image artefacts will reveal a familiar 2D symmetrical image every time. You will only find and ever see this artefact flipped vertically, never rotated, because the bleed mostly happens horizontally on rows.

If you check other images containing the mysterious dustpan, you'll find that they are the same skewed artefact as the one from 2010-10-10 @ 12:12. Also take into consideration of the hard edge where the pixel bleed begins and ends. Although this does not always mean the object in question is an image artefact, it most likely it is, especially at larger sizes.

For further reading on how the the LASCO CCD camera works and why the pixels bleed in rows to form seemingly strange objects: SOHO - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You all want to check out Stereo!!!!
input the date 2010/10/23
Watch for time 01:24:24
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
IS THAN A UFO FLEET!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

That is dramatic! I notice there is a 2 hour gap about that time in the data for Stereo Ahead EUVI 195

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

No data after 01:35:30 UT until 03:45:30 UT

An interesting dark triangle and white dot appears at the 4 oclock position of Stereo Behind 195 1010-10-23 23:26:29

Been finding intriguing silhouettes against the corona every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join