It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have become what I always hated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm boring! Everything to me is either dumb or has already been done over and over again. I need something new to leach on in my life!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

you can't be a conspiracy theorist and boring at the same time.
Whenever I get bored, I just start coming up with different conspiracies, and I post them here, to see how many people think it is possible. It's kind of become a hobby for me, which I am sure most people would laugh at, but i've been kinda spot on with some of what I say, and I know I'm not alone in that respect. If nothing else, all those hater comments may excite you a bit.

I love it when people tell me how ridiculous I am with some of my theories

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ever thought about learning a new craft? Music, martial arts, dance, yoga, traveling, painting, sculpture? Maybe get a new pet, try some volunteer work or take some more classes of something that interests you.

spec

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Find something mentally challenging and get good at it.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

how old are you?

if youve hit 30, brace yourself as it gets worse after that

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I'm 21 years old. So I got about 8 to 9 years ahead of true boredom. Unless I get married and have children. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Sure! I'm going to take learning Spanish! Since there a lot of people who speak Spanish here.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I do have a yoga mat! Yoga would be really fun. Thanks guys.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Now that sounds fun. I would have to try it and see how it works for me.
Thanks amigo.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

those 8 / 9 years are treasure...
trust me 30 is a nightmare birthday...ask anyone...you can start to feel the grave getting a bit closer

i would give almost anything to be 21 again >sigh

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

One thing I know I would love to do soon or just in my life. Is live in a small town by the ocean.
It would be really nice.
Monterey California
This is my kind of town.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Hey Onet Wosix, I hear ya on the turning 30 part, I was a bit bummed too, but now being in my 40's I can look back and say the 30's were my favorite years. My 20's were certainly fun filled but also confusing and somewhat stressful trying to process and apply all that I was learning. In my 30's, I had matured and figured more out in life, slowing my pace some, and allowing me more room to apply my intentions, with more confidence. Most of my friends feel the same way. So don't let any social expectations create any barriers in your journey, I believe the 30's can be great!

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm boring!

I'm curious to know how you came to that conclusion. Did someone fall asleep while you were talking?
From your response to suggestions about new things to do, it looks to me like you are bored rather than boring.
I'm confused about what you mean. Please explain.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Did someone fall asleep while you were talking?

That cracked me up, and what little I know about RR, I can't imagine anyone passing out as she express/asserts herself, but I am only judging by her comments here, which are lively and vivacious at times.
On the subject of boredom, I always recall a passage from Tom Brown Jr's book.

Boredom is only for people who do not know themselves, of the wonders of life. The moment boredom arises, it is a teacher. It is our mind and spirit's way of communicating to us that we are not looking deep enough into the things around us, nor are we living fully in the span of a moment, and understanding eternity. Realize the source of boredom, when one loses touch with reality and allows their mind to rush, wandering aimlessly over all things one should be doing, rather than enjoying fully what is. By releasing distracted thoughts, nature rushes in to fill the void, carrying one back to the world of silence and beauty that enveloped them. At once they feel connected to the earth again, the internal clock slips slowly back to the expansion of eternity.

Tom Brown Jr. - Way of the Scout

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That's totally me! On the plus side I'm a human male. let's get that out of the way here. lol.
I need to get out more and do stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My bad, I was assuming female by your avatar choices, particularly the one from this summer, the soldier gal.
I stand corrected though...dude!

spec

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yeah! I get random avatars from random sites. What's also funny is that I sound like a woman on the phone. Weird.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, you won't become exciting siting and spending all day on a computer!!!

Why don't you go out for a 2 month unguided wilderness expedition, or hold an unauthorized pyrotechnics display at your local bank!!!

Those would certainly make you exciting!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Here are a few ideas....

1, Get an Xbox/PS3,
2, Join the Taliban,
3, Learn to hack government websites,
4,Get laid,
5, Take up knitting,
6, Move to Utah,
7, Milk your cat,
8,Boil your head,
9, Troll ATS,
10, Punch a whale in the face,
11, Learn Korean,

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Don't worry everyone! He has always been boring. He reads long and pointless books. His music is not in English, he tends to cry during romantic movies and parts in the book, and so on. He's a wuss.

top topics

join