It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$918,856 Federal Study: Bar Fights Tend to Happen in Darker, Dirtier Bars Frequented by Heavy Drinki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Our economy is in the tank and we spend this kind of money on this. Hire me, I can give you answers like this all day long for alot less money. How on earth this was funded for 5 years is beyond me. I wonder how much a year is actually wasted on studies like this.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is the kind of money that is spent when the skeptics and the instant generation require answers with PROOF in triplicate. Anybody with eyes knows that all crap breaks loose in the dirtier and darker bars of choice than in a metro dance club.

But then again, ya gotta see the proof...don't take anybody's word for it.

~holly

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Usually if your an everyday Joe it's called money laundering. But when the government does it it's called a federal study or research grant or etc. For this exact reason people should be hanging these idiots on the Whitehouse front lawn. Anyone connected to these kinds of studies or blatant waste of taxpayer money when simple common sense would take less time and money should be handed a tight fitting noose. But people don't care and the government knows it so round and round we go.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
money being laundered??.....maybe.

But think about it....10 or 12 government hired pHd's on the government payroll...each likely making 150,000-250,000 a year.

Sitting in a star-bucks...thinking "gee..we need do something to justify or wage"..

let's throw something together...

I have personally seen this kind of waste.... not "black-OP funds" being laundered.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

the sheer stupidity of this government knows no bounds.... a million bucks for what anyone without a phd could have told them..................

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN PEOPLE GOTO COLLEGE PEOPLE WHO DONT GO TO COLLEGE COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THE SAME AND FOR FREE

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i could of done it for a couple three, house rounds of jeggermeister.

throw those geeks in there around last call.

easy, 15mins and $500 later.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ya know, for another 500k, I'd give them the top 10 reasons fights start in these sort of bars, and I'd have the results in 2 1/2 years.................half the price and half the time, it's a bargain.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
THIS IS SO FUNNY
Except it’s our money!
Over 5 years the $918,000 was probably their Bar Tab!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

wow. why should that be any of the governments business in the first place? planning on socializing the alcohol market also? haha.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking... I mean how else do you conduct such a "study"?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
brilliant. I like to spend money on pointless studies!

can we find out why marijuana makes someone hungry? Thats worth hundreds of thousands.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I propose a study to determine whether humans breathe air. I will require 1 million dollars to conduct this important work.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join