It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Baptist leader on yoga: Not Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im at work at the moment and dont really have too much time to talk abou tthis. I saw it and thought to myself WTF is wrong with people. Someones always bitching about something that they, more than likely, dont have a clue about. Well anywho here it is ATS something else to seperate us a little further. YAY!

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A Southern Baptist leader who is calling for Christians to avoid yoga and its spiritual attachments is getting plenty of pushback from enthusiasts who defend the ancient practice. Southern Baptist Seminary President Albert Mohler says the stretching and meditative discipline derived from Eastern religions is not a Christian pathway to God.

Mohler said he objects to "the idea that the body is a vehicle for reaching consciousness with the divine."

"That's just not Christianity," Mohler told The Associated Press.

Mohler said feedback has come through e-mail and comments on blogs and other websites since he wrote an essay to address questions about yoga he has heard for years.

"I'm really surprised by the depth of the commitment to yoga found on the part of many who identify as Christians," Mohler said.

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
On second thought there... Isnt yoga an exercise/meditation technique? WTF is this guy talking about?

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would expect nothing less of a "christian" minister ....

Surely he wouldn't want the minions of his congregation getting any ideas about the idea that the christian god may not rule every aspect of their lives... Or even worse, that the body is a gateway to the divine!!!! More close minded control for the sheep who indoctrinated.

Sad indeed....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join