It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To tell or not to tell, that is the question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A hypothetical scenario…..

I am visited by an alien entity, and we shall call him my “handler”. My handler tells me certain things will come to pass in the near future. I absolutely believe what my handler has told me, and I want to warn the world. I have no proof to support my claims, only my absolute belief. I know I will be ridiculed, I know I will face insult and abuse, but I feel obligated to try.

How do I tell the world???

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whoa!
yet another contactee!
Do the aliens tell you guys that the first thing you should do is post on ATS?
Instead of "telling the world", I suggest you ask yer alien buds to help everyone out and provide you with undeniable proof what you say is true!
Deal?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This thread is not about me. I have no handler, nor have I had a vision or a premonition. It is a purely hypothetical question and of course makes no reference to recent posts from another ATS member that was heavily flamed recently.

link   
just post your post and let come of it what, if you feel the the to tell, tell all every imaginable detail and let it the information find it's home in the listener /reader . If all you have is the same old Vague derivative message we will know ,if you speak from the heart we will also know

good luck ,I'm listening!!

link   

Originally posted by MrBacon
A hypothetical scenario…..

I am visited by an alien entity, and we shall call him my “handler”. My handler tells me certain things will come to pass in the near future. I absolutely believe what my handler has told me, and I want to warn the world. I have no proof to support my claims, only my absolute belief. I know I will be ridiculed, I know I will face insult and abuse, but I feel obligated to try.

How do I tell the world???

Many will ridicule and they are the most vocal - "Empty vesssels make the most noise"-
However others will be open minded to what you have to say
If it is very important then just say it as it is and ignore undermining
I always maintain an open mind on such matters.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Reassuring words. What I would expect from a member of ATS, at least what I would expect until the last couple of days. But it does not appear to be the view of all here.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Maybe I haven’t explained myself well enough. I will say again… I have no handler, I have had no vision or premonition. This is a purely hypothetical question.

If anyone of us reading this thread had been given a message, how could we relay that message to the world? What would it take to convince people?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

This is exactly the type of sarcastic and antagositic response that would deter a genuine contactee from passing on a potentially world changing message.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

Reassuring words. What I would expect from a member of ATS, at least what I would expect until the last couple of days. But it does not appear to be the view of all here.

I am new here since September 2010 - I have always been sincere in what I post and have faced hostility hidden beneath sarcasm - Yet I have also found fair mindedness and insightfull comments.
I have found the Mods to be supportive and understand their dilema also even whensome of mu posts have been removed - Do not loose heart - I have found no other place that encourages such a wide perspective of ideas.
Some reponses I simply ignore because I can see where they are coming from.
Please do not loose heart al are valuable one way or another and remember so are you
Best wishes
Michael

edit on 7-10-2010 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have been trying to be subtle in my references to another member and their recent threads. I guess it's just not working.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBacon

And how many contactees have proven to be genuine?
How many "world changing messages" have we seen?
But we have seen lots of wild claims, isn't that a fact?
And we have seen many fakes and hoaxes, haven't we?
So every day someone claims to be in touch with aliens, and we just believe them, 'cause we don't know for sure? No nothing other than an anonymous story on an obscure website.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
How nieve can you people be?

edit on 7-10-2010 by OldDragger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Maybe I haven’t explained myself well enough. I will say again… I have no handler, I have had no vision or premonition. This is a purely hypothetical question.

If anyone of us reading this thread had been given a message, how could we relay that message to the world? What would it take to convince people?

One should speak truth even in the face of adversity and ridicule. Speak truth and only truth and you speak with the tongue of God.

The noise you hear afterwards is the clashing of truths. It is louder the more diametrically opposed the two truths are. If it be a truth desired by God, it will prevail.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Hence my question. Let's say you have an experience OldDragger, a vision or a premonition or genuine contact with an ET. How would you get a message out to a wider audience?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I'd really like to believe that, and deep down inside I guess a little bit of me does believe it, but only a little bit. History shows us that the truth can take generations to come out, and along the way those who have tried to tell the truth have been punished for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What would it take to convince people?

...theres a big difference in relaying a message that you feel you need to share and attempting to convince people that your message is important...

...the first is fairly normal behavior... the latter often shows that your priorities are out of check...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This is a purely hypothetical question.

Here's the thing: Someone can only do their part in spreading the message (should they feel the need) by making use of all of the avenues of communication available to us as a whole. Once the message is out, it's up to the rest of the world to decide for themselves. Some will. Some won't. Nature of the beast...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'd really like to believe that, and deep down inside I guess a little bit of me does believe it, but only a little bit. History shows us that the truth can take generations to come out, and along the way those who have tried to tell the truth have been punished for it.

Have faith my friend, the truth always comes out, even if it takes time. Truth is like a cinder. You can cover it up, but eventually it will set a blaze even its covering.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Have faith see how others support you - The truth has always been here and always will be
No one can steal your soul - And thank you for this oppurunity tosupport you
One small spark set set a forest afire
One small truth can set the world alight with understanding
Many come in many ways each have their own way but truth is the unbreakable affinity
The truth shall set you free
If others mereley wish to rattle their chains then so be it it is their choice

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
SNAP - My friend IAMIAM

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
SNAP - My friend IAMIAM

Good to see you are on top of the game my friend!

Keep up the good work!

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<<   2 >>

join