It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama ranked world's most powerful woman (not a joke!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Now that is stooping to a new low and pathetic level when you are reduced to making fun of people's looks. It has means you don't have any real constructive criticism to say.

This middle school mentality does absolutely nothing for ats.

If you thik MO doesn't have any power, go ahead and walk up to her and smack her and come tell me what happens.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Try the same with my wife. I bet my punishment is more severe than the politically correct one you get from Obama.

She has ZERO power. Please someone tell me what "direct" influence she has? What decisions is she in charge of making? What arena does she control? Is there anything she can't be overridden on? Is there anything she has the final veto power on? Sure she has the ear and the penis of Barack. She wields a lot of influence there, but if his politcal handlers and joint chiefs have a different opinion than Michelle, I sure as hell hope he follows the advice of the cabinet and not the wifey?

Other than controlling the panty strings, what else does she control from her position that was not elected or appointed by any people?

Ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Like it or not...she has power.

She has the power to do things most people can't.

She has the power to influence people to do things the way she wants them done...and that does included influencing Obama himself.

Your main issue seems to be "how" she got that power...or "why" she got that power. But that isn't what these rankings are addressing...they are simply ranking who they think has the most power.

You don't have to agree with them...you can make your own list...but if the question the actual power she holds...then I think you underestimate her position.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The only question I have is who the hell cares who they put on the list.

Myself I like Michelle Obama and think she is a pretty nice lady and is just a target of the media like Palins daughters have been.

In the end I am pretty sure the list isn't going to change the way the country is being run into the ground by both the left and the right.

Northernwolf over and out.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I see nothing wrong with her thesis at all.

A lot of people, myself included, disagree with your assessment.
It was poorly done. Not college level. And it was racist.

If YOU are going to claim what she wrote is racist...please give me some examples...or don't make that claim.

I'm not making a 'claim'. I'm stating a fact. It is racist. The example .. the whole bloody thing.

As far as her church goes...I have no problem with that either.

If you think the 'blame the white man for everything wrong on the planet' cult is just fine ... then there is absolutely nothing that anyone can say that will be able to get the truth of the situation through to you.

And yes...Palin used her children directly....

And no ... she didn't exploit them at all. Her family was there during the campaign. Politicians families are always used as examples .. for better or for worse. Dems and republicans. This was no different.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT .... Michelle Obama is NOT the worlds most powerful woman. Not even close. There are MANY others who are actually in positions of power. I listed some of them. Michelle Obama is nobody compared to them. Nobody.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

A lot of people, myself included, disagree with your assessment.
It was poorly done. Not college level. And it was racist.

Define "a lot of people".

And seriously...who are you to decide if something is "college level"??? It seems that Princeton beleived it to be "college level"...I guess you are smarter than those a Princeton....huh?

It was not racist...talking about ones personal experience is not racist. If she were to write about how the white race is inferior and stupid...then that would be racist.

The problem with a lot of people, most of them racist, is that they have no idea what racism is. It seems like you don't know what racism is...talking about your experience from your own racial perspective is NOT racist.

I'm not making a 'claim'. I'm stating a fact. It is racist. The example .. the whole bloody thing.

Making a claim...stating fact....they are the same thing. I don't want the "whole bloody thing" as an example. I want some specific quotes from her that demonstrates she is being racist. If you can't provide that...it just proves you are speaking of things you don't understand.

If you think the 'blame the white man for everything wrong on the planet' cult is just fine ... then there is absolutely nothing that anyone can say that will be able to get the truth of the situation through to you.

There is no "truth to the situation"...it was a church...they aren't required to hold the personal political beliefs of the pastor. I surely don't hold many of the political beliefs of my church...or of many members of my church. But it seems you would condemn someone for the beleifs of others...which tells a lot about you.

Your paranoia level seems like it is off the charts...I would suggest less Fox News.

And no ... she didn't exploit them at all. Her family was there during the campaign. Politicians families are always used as examples .. for better or for worse. Dems and republicans. This was no different.

Did she not include things about her own children in her speeches? About her child with downs syndrom? About her daughters "decision" (sounds a lot like "choice") to continue her pregnancy? About her sons commitment to enlisting to the armed forces? I know the answer to these questions...do you?

BACK TO THE SUBJECT .... Michelle Obama is NOT the worlds most powerful woman. Not even close. There are MANY others who are actually in positions of power. I listed some of them. Michelle Obama is nobody compared to them. Nobody.

I don't really care if she is or not...but obviously YOU do. This story has gotten you, and others, so worked up. All I can say is good job Forbes...mission accomplished.

At the end of the day...you can call Michelle Obama a nobody...and still...you are beneath her. So what does that say for yourself?

Like I said before...envy and jealousy.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

we all know this is a lie...........

last time i check nancy pelosi is 3rd in line to the presidency let us not forget who has that nuclear trigger

o and hiliary clinton secretary of state i think is the runner up.........................

this is how far the leftys stoop they think this is going to get them votes next month..........

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Like it or not...she has power.

No she doesn't. She has influence and access, but no power.

She has the power to do things most people can't.

OK, so does Paris Hilton, Giselle, Britney Spears, etc., etc. That is "access" not "power."

Please tell me one single thing that Michelle Obama has power over. Something that she and she alone can do or undo that nobody else can influence or veto.

Barack has Veto power and legislative power, and power of war. Oprah has power as an executive in her corporations. The Queen has power. Even Britney Spears has power over her career and her public persona and her industry.

What DIRECT power does Michelle have? We are not talking about indirect power. Sure she can influence a number of people because of her First Lady status and her stardom, but that is not "power" that is influence and access. There is not a single thing that I can think of that Michelle Obama has direct power over or final say-so in decision making. She probably doesn't even get to choose her own dresses!

And yes, maybe I do have a problem with how she attained that power. It isn't that I despise the power women have over men, quite the opposite, I despise the fact that it is politically incorrect to acknowledge the power women have over men. It is ridiculous to pretend it is not there, and yet a case like this comes up and all of a sudden she is "powerful?" What if Obama were wanted for a crime? Could he use Michelle's "power" as a defense for his crime?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

NEW YORK (Reuters) – First lady Michelle Obama beat out heads of state, chief executives and celebrities to rank as the world's most powerful woman in Forbes magazine's annual listing on Wednesday.

Kraft Foods Chief Executive Irene Rosenfeld, who led a hostile $18 billion takeover of Britain's Cadbury, came in second, followed by talk show host and media mogul Oprah Winfrey, who is ending "The Oprah Winfrey Show" next year after 25 years to launch her cable network OWN.

This year Forbes changed the way it ranked women, basing the list less on wealth and power and more on creative influence and entrepreneurship.

"In a telling sign of her charisma, the White House is putting her on the campaign trail to headline fundraising events in battleground states like California and Colorado," Forbes said. "She's also effective: In response to her Let's Move! campaign against childhood obesity, companies like Coca-Cola, Kellogg and General Mills have pledged to reduce the calorie content of their foods by 2015," it said.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

The biggest laugh I had today (so far) is that the Mrs. 1st Lady got this "title".

Personally, I think it reflects how the judges really weren't concerned about facts behind this decision. I guess taking lavish trips to other countries-followed by hords of aids/assistants-costing the US taxpayers millions of dollars.... is the top qualification.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f251a1f8c10.jpg[/atsimg]
*Note: All of them there in Spain... on our dollars.....

Oh sorry, allegedly figting childhood fatties..... lol The proposed legislation she supports DIED in congress.... a little point missed...

What a sad symbol for the truly hard working women in this world that ACTUALLY are doing things and making things happen. Nice and timely though.... a month before the elections....WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Just another example how far the US is sliding downward..... IMO-of course.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53a3641d5ad1.jpg[/atsimg]

I say Palin is far more qualified than.... Mrs. First Lady. Palin is far more influential (in the current political scene and on Special Needs issues (to name a couple). Anyone care to argue that point? lol I am sure there are a few here.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55caf5f8ff8a.jpg[/atsimg]
*Palin speaking at the Nevada Tea Party rally

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce495b4c3aa9.jpg[/atsimg]
*The small gathering she was addressing in the previous photo...
edit on 10/7/2010 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

Did you hear that Sarah?

tt

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I say Palin is far more qualified than.... Mrs. First Lady. Palin is far more influential (in the current political scene and on Special Needs issues (to name a couple). Anyone care to argue that point? lol I am sure there are a few here.....

That's because Palin is hot. She is also an airhead though. But that is not necessarily a disadvantage for a republican. Well it is if they begin a speech without a teleprompter.

tt

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
...handlers tell michelle what to wear, what to say, what to do, not to mention that she's under surveillance 24-7... thats not having power, quite the contrary...

...as for palin - my dog is smarter...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I agree with this statement and like it. Michelle Obama is the best first lady we have ever had. She is a very intelligent person with a respectable degree. She is attractive and has good ideas on how to better society. I love Michelle Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I am so sorry this is a shock to you, but she is the most powerful woman in the world, and before her Laura Bush was the most powerful woman in the world, and before her Hillary Clinton was the most powerful woman in the world. They all got that position as the result of their husbands gaining the presidency, you cannot argue that she does'nt deserve it just as the other first ladies.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Of course she's the most powerful woman. She has all of our money. (I mean, everyone knows that it's really the woman who manages the 'purse-strings', bank accounts, and makes all major purchasing decisions.)

Money = Power, Most Power = Most Money

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

How much money is she getting for her position?

Oh how much we expect from our free government workers.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Worlds most powerful woman? That's Kenyan for woman with the worlds biggest ass.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There is nothing unusual at all for a first lady to be considered "powerful", in fact, it's typical.

It looks like your true agenda in the OP, however, was coming in the back door to promote that pitiful little has-been, Sarah Palin.

Good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

So, what Forbes said is that the woman who made it on their own, the women with real power, they are playing the poltically correct game by pretending that Obama's wife is the most powerful woman in the world.

The Gorgeous Women of Professional Wrestling must be laughing their arses off.

Well, Michelle better hope Obama don't divorce her. By the way, how many wives does Obama really have. You know that Sharia Law thing says a man can have as many wives as he wants. Does Obama have a Kenyan wife? An Indonesian wife? A Hawaiian wife?

Where does Michelle rank in the internal family system? Are the many wives playing along?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Now that is stooping to a new low and pathetic level when you are reduced to making fun of people's looks. It has means you don't have any real constructive criticism to say.

This middle school mentality does absolutely nothing for ats.

If you thik MO doesn't have any power, go ahead and walk up to her and smack her and come tell me what happens.

Actually, I loved this so much, I just wanted to see it again. The "smack" part has seemed to set off a series of delightful giggles, as SS rushes in to restrain the perp. Those guys play hard ball.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Worlds most powerful woman? That's Kenyan for woman with the worlds biggest ass.

Are you what we commonly refer to as a Troll?

Or, are you simply characteristically uncouth?

Just curious.

edit on 10/9/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join