It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Hahaha, you had me confused for a second. I'm glad you enjoyed the read! Hopefully this will enhance your day just a little.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
reply to post by Yissachar1

Hahaha, you had me confused for a second. I'm glad you enjoyed the read! Hopefully this will enhance your day just a little.

Actually more than you know..

Answers in a round about way a quantum mechanics quandry I have..

Quantum mechanics states that things only exist when we observe them.. That is a hard thing to grasp and a real physical law in the universe.. However, how is that possible that everyone exists when I dont observe them? Clearly I am everyone and this universe was created for me to observe.. If I die then the universe still exists because i am still alive observing as someone else!

I am a believer in Yeshua too.. And find it interesting how He talks about those "birth pangs" "child labour". And in Genesis at the creation describes Gods Spirit brooding over the earth as a hen over an egg... Then we are told to multiply... A multiplication of the self...

And a beautiful way to learn compassion for others.. Thanks again

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
so basicaly we are all talking to are self right now...lol

and i guest i did my self last night...lol

interesting post

star and flag...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Great read, thanks for posting this. I have a few parts of me ( friends) that would benefit from reading this, so I will pass it along.
Truly this shows the real value of the " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" way to live.
Thanks
S&F for you.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Funny, I once had the same thought about 5 years ago except there was no person in it telling me. It was convincing in a way but I let go of the view mainly because of it's extreme selfcenteredness (it leads to a gigantic ego trip and possible schizophrenia) and because it got replaced by something larger (this universe is created to allow for the creation of countless of beings). More souls, more fun.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I interpret 'the meaning of life' that way too.
I find empathy is difficult to cope with. There are so many angry people about that I have found it neccessary to become a semi recluse. I am battling physical health problems at the moment and need all my energy to cure it, so being drained by negative people is counter productive to that purpose.

I have learned that most empaths learn to control it eventually - I hope I will too, since I am aware that withdrawl from bad life experiences is not why I am here.

My readings about life after death infers that reincarnation is a choice.
I hope that I have enough stored experience not to need it again.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
op can i ask you a question
why dont you give an inkling of what the subject is about in the title for the thread
why do you use a sensational headline to get peoples attention

i really dont get why people make headlines such as `check this out` `you wont believe this` `ive amzing news`

why cant people simply make it a 6/7/8 word headline of what the thread is about

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i knew it was this story before i even clicked on the link! love it so much - i posted it to my facebook page. it makes me feel almost euphoric. beautiful story

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

woah......this story just blew my mind. amazing find! s&f!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daluniverse
why dont you give an inkling of what the subject is about in the title for the thread

i really dont get why people make headlines such as `check this out` `you wont believe this` `ive amzing news`

why cant people simply make it a 6/7/8 word headline of what the thread is about

The headline was from OPs heart. This was his/her thread and experience. Let me ask you your same question. If this was your thread with the same contents, how would you've titled it? It's all subjective and personal at the end, isn't it?

I think we are getting very spoiled and expect instantaneous gratification and answers. We're all in a hurry to do nothing!
We can't spend any precious time, taking time , to find things out anymore (this including people). We're almost to the point where we want to be plugged into everything so we don't even have to bother reading/watching or hearing anything anymore and wasting precious time (to do nothing).

To all that I say, get over yourself. Put a little more effort into things. Maybe that's why things are falling apart all around us lately. It's becoming a very service to self world and I personally feel more and more isolated from you all with each and every passing day! Very unfortunate!
edit on 7-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What a great thread OP S&F.

I think it is very admirable that you have noticed and learnt this at such a young age. It will stand you good in the future as you go through life.

I think everyone is aware of empathy but putting it into practice and maintaining it......now thats a different story!!

Thank you for bringing this story to my attention and now I can try and put it into action. I think my life would benefit and hopefully make me a nicer and more understanding person.

I wish you the best.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daluniverse

The way in which I worded the title was a way that I felt properly portrayed my emotions and experience connected to this particular story. Putting "The Egg" wouldn't give the story the credit it deserves. So, I tried to put how this story not only changed MY life, but how it may also change yours.

I hope you at least read my original post. That would have cleared up why I worded it the way I did.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Thank-you for reading it, and thank-you for your support.

I can only hope that others, especially my age, will come to a realization similar to this. Whether it be through reading a story, or learning a life lesson.

If everyone really just started empathizing with their fellow man, and realizing this world does not revolve around them anymore than it revolves around the child who lived and died 3,000 years ago, then maybe we can begin to heal as a human race.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
So wait....

I'm Paris Hilton!?

not only are you Paris Hilton. But you've also had sex with Angelina Jolie and all the other incredibly beautiful women throughout history.

on the bad side you've had sex with all the ugly ones too.

I'm you, you are me. We are connected.

Kind of a sobering thought. In a life you could of killed, raped or committed genocide against countless of millions of poeople.
But on the bright side you could of been like MLK or Ghandi and done some greater good for others.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That is a God I can relate to. I especially like the part about being reincarnated backwards in time. I have always thought that Karma works backward in time also. Acts you do today will be paid back in the past. I spend so much time trying to convince evangelicals and other fanatics that we all worship the same God. Maybe this can sway some of those haters.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great story. You have ingested one of if not the greatest principles in life. As you have learned money is not the root of all evil - ignorance of others is the root of all evil. I could quote examples from the world over that support your empathetic response but know that you have found a real treasure. It's not always comfortable or easy but is the best way to be.
Each consciousness is guided by that which we observe. We literally become that which we pay attention to. I don't mean just paying attention intellectually, but with the heart as well though all your senses. Science has finally affirmed this through quantum mechanics by the famous slot experiment. I also believe the water experiments by the Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto in his book Messages from Water verify these ideas.
Your love for all people is the Christ consciousness. Go further with it and extend it beyond people into nature and all of God's creation, just extend your love and messages will come to you.
One word of caution - you may find yourself staring evil right in the face. Trust your intuitions ( yes, use the force Luke!) and respond accordingly. Some evil can be overcome, other times it's best to just walk away.

Whether or not reincarnation is real I have no idea.
I'm just grateful for the life I have.

Thanks for sharing your story, I found it and your candor very inspiring.
All the best, ATA

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Looking at it your way I suppose you can't even count how many times you have screwed yourself, or screwed yourself over for that matter.
Does that mean that all sex is masturbation?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A great story, but I liked your words much better! This is a concrete example of how the world is changed one person at a time. I am happy to see you have discovered such Truth at your young age. That is wonderful. We need all the real humility we can get.

Oh, and Yissa, thanks for the reference to Quantum Theory. I do think it would be more precise to say, instead of "an object doesn't exist until we observe it", that when we observe an object, we see only one of its' states, the state is was in when we observed it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Great story. You have ingested one of if not the greatest principles in life. As you have learned money is not the root of all evil - ignorance of others is the root of all evil. I could quote examples from the world over that support your empathetic response but know that you have found a real treasure. It's not always comfortable or easy but is the best way to be.
Each consciousness is guided by that which we observe. We literally become that which we pay attention to. I don't mean just paying attention intellectually, but with the heart as well though all your senses. Science has finally affirmed this through quantum mechanics by the famous slot experiment. I also believe the water experiments by the Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto in his book Messages from Water verify these ideas.
Your love for all people is the Christ consciousness. Go further with it and extend it beyond people into nature and all of God's creation, just extend your love and messages will come to you.
One word of caution - you may find yourself staring evil right in the face. Trust your intuitions ( yes, use the force Luke!) and respond accordingly. Some evil can be overcome, other times it's best to just walk away.

Whether or not reincarnation is real I have no idea.
I'm just grateful for the life I have.

Thanks for sharing your story, I found it and your candor very inspiring.
All the best, ATA

Hmm, I've never heard of the "Slot Experiment" or "Weather Experiment". Could you elaborate on those are provide links? They sound quite fascinating.

Thank-you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Great read, makes a kind of wierd sense to me.

If I would let myself, I would probably cry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join