It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attack in UK 'highly likely', warns France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Terror attack in UK 'highly likely', warns France

www.bbc.co.uk

France has urged citizens travelling to Britain to be "extremely vigilant" amid raised fears of a terror attack there.

The French government said it was now "highly likely" public transport and tourist sites in the UK would be hit.

The warning followed revelations that a UK terror suspect killed in Pakistan was being groomed to lead a new group in raids on the UK, France and Germany.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Really? Aren't we giving the terrorists what they want here? In a way they are turning everyone against each other, they are putting fear into everyone about visiting their allied friendly nations.

America warns it's citizens against travelling to Europe.

then

Britain warns its citizens against travelling to France and Germany

now

France warns it's citizens against travelling to Britain.

It's bloody stupid, we are under the constant threat of terrorism all the time, and we will be for a long time to come.

What are we supposed to do? Sit in our homes on Facebook 24/7, order our shopping from Tesco online? Our goods from the likes of Amazon and Ebay?

We are letting them win! What ever happen to the public spirit of WWII? Christ, Britain was getting hammered from the air during the blitz and people were putting on a braver face than this! OK, they knew when and where it was coming, but that's not the point!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
LOL, those turds just showed their hand. Wow...this is the same thing as happened to help cause ww2. Trade tarrifs were upped so that one country couldnt sell to another country....now we have countries making "advisories" to their tourist dollars not to visit certain countries for the same effect
Hillaious we are such a tard of a species emotionally
edit on 6-10-2010 by Shadowfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was chatting the the misus about this and she said that nobody takes any notice of the threats here in the UK and I must admit I agree with her.

When did you last see anybody running or panicking when a car alarm goes off in the street?

The UK has had 20 odd years of threats and silliness from the IRA and we just get on with our lives, not let it rule our lives.

We had 7/7 which although was bad, was nothing like 9/11 and apart from that, nothing has happened here, it's like the boy who cried wolf.

Until we get some muppets let off a suitcase nuke in London etc., life will go on as normal so I am taking these warnings with a pinch of salt.

Unless of course we have a false flag coming???

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I do the bags at the hotel down the road as a favour to the owners, and was carrying a Scottish gentleman's bag up the stairs and there was a beeping sound coming from it, and it was an odd beeping sound, I left it on the first floor with the other bags and went for more, everytime I walked passed it the beeping seemed to get faster, and I have to admit, I was bricking it a little bit, lmao. Well, you don't know do you, but that's my point, it could happen anywhere at anytime, to anyone. We can't just put our lives on hold because a few pi$$ed off religious nut-jobs are determined to cause anarchy amongst the civilised(?) world.

France hasn't helped the matter by banning the burka, it's removing people's rights to wear what they want, although i'm sure muslim women aren't supposed to have a choice in the matter, it's still telling people what they can and cannot do, even though the Muslim's do that anyway so it's a bit of a dodgy circle, lol.

It's like Tesco banning people from going late night shopping in their dressing gowns and PJ's, now I have to get dressed when I need a pint of milk late on

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its the people doing the warnings that are spreading the real terror. There probably is no threat, and they know it. And if there is a threat its because of their #ed up foreign policies which we have absolutely NO say in whatsoever.

I HATE the people who are ruining this country, and this planet. They are the ones who deserve to die. Please terrorists if you are reading this KILL OUR LEADERS because they deserve it fully. Just make sure that no innocent people die please.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Fear is a brilliant thing for the elites.

It controls, it is easily spread. It is extremely versatile.

When I see people debating terror threats I just laugh.

Where were the terror threats before 9/11?

Nowhere, but since 9/11 we have them periodically, especially when there are other issues for us to think about (spending cuts, double dip).

When will people come round to the fact that the war on terror is a completely contrived and BS war, the only winners are the elites, owners of munitions companies, and the governments of the West who can now spy on us without impunity.

Terror threat my eye....

edit on 6-10-2010 by kiwifoot because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
When we people come round to the fact that the war on terror is a completely contrived and BS war, the only winners are the elites, owners of munitions companies, and the governments of the West who can now spy on us without impunity.

Thats the thing though. Most people are aware its bull#. Most people are aware our government are completely corrupt, but most people are in denial or too comfortable with their current lifestyle. I've had many heated discussions with people over this. We are completely screwed.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Exactly, that is what I'm saying, by issuing these warnings it's helping the terrorists instil fear into the population, because most of the "sheeple" will buy into it. Sure it doesn't hurt to be cautious, but no need to put life on hold because of it, if it's gonna happen its gonna happen, and it will happen, time and time again, in whatever country Mr terrorist chooses, best thing to do is put on a brave face, even if worried, don't show the terrorists it is affecting you, if it even is.

They don't need to kill people to win there pointless little wars, lets not give them the satisfaction.
edit on 6/10/10 by woogleuk because: My keyboard is stupid

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
These terror warnings are not directed at the public. There is no use in warning the public about something whilst not giving any precise, actionable advice as to how they should respond to the warning.

The terror alerts are directed mainly at the terrorists themselves. Once a warning is given is sends the message that their network and plans have been penetrated and the worst possible scenario for a terrorist network is that their operatives are killed, or worse captured, whilst conducting an attack without causing the -maximum- possible damage.

Not only is it extremely embarrassing and belittling to them and their cause, but those willing and sufficiently trained to effectively conduct a terror attack are few and far between and are an incredibly valuable resource, not to be risked under any circumstances. When they know that we know about their plans, but they do not know exactly what we know or even how we know, the risks multiply.

Added to this is that once they believe that their network is penetrated it causes considerable internal strife, they must seek out informants and they will question people that they have trusted and worked with for years. Obviously this has a counter-productive effect if you have many informants within an organisation (especially if they are not of a high rank) because it compromises your sources.

However, these terrorists are westerners used to western culture and means of communication, therefore the predominant means of targeting them and thwarting their attacks is through electronic surveillance. Once they know that we are targeting them through electronic surveillance, the only way that they can respond to this threat is by returning to the dark ages of communication and this is highly desirable effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

People are protesting in Europe. There's thousands in the streets. Of course you won't hear of it on the evening propaganda with Katie Couric or Brian Williams, they just keep streaming the daily prole feed. So now here comes the planned black flag event to scare everyone into submission. Even Osama has been on the airwaves recently, an MI6, Mossad or CIA creation no doubt. Or maybe the government will courageously thwart the alledged attack? I pray these bastards don't really hurt anyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
With the huge rats nest of fermenting unrest otherwise referred to as the Leeds/Bradford area, I'm surprised that the UK has not suffered continued attacks at the hands of Islamic terrorists for the past several years.

Chickens coming home to roost some might say.

Enoch may well have had a point.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
With the huge rats nest of fermenting unrest otherwise referred to as the Leeds/Bradford area, I'm surprised that the UK has not suffered continued attacks at the hands of Islamic terrorists for the past several years.

Chickens coming home to roost some might say.

Enoch may well have had a point.

Maybe because the trouble has either been instigated by morons just looking for a fight, or its totally exaggerated to keep people in a state of fear.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
NOBODY GO ANYWHERE! STAY AT HOME AND BUY THINGS ONLINE SO YOU NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Madness! For 2-3 weeks ago there was a "terrorist" in Denmark. We dont yet know if it was made by Al-Qaeda, but he sure wanted to blow something up!

But yes, they are actually doing terror, without doing anything! We make the terror, the fear, ourself. They got a big grin on their faces right now. Let me remind you that those people, who does this, is still HUMAN and therefor they would likely have the same brain, just like me and you. They sure arent dumb.

Dont let them win

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They lost their right to be called, and treated as human, when they sold us all out. They are animals and should be put down.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Possibly related. A group of 25 "combat trained Islamic extremists" are heading to Europe, possibly via Turkey, according to French intelligence sources.

AFP: Trained extremists heading to Europe: security sources

A group of 25 Islamist extremists is planning to return to Europe after combat training in the Afghan-Pakistani border regions, French intelligence officials said on Wednesday, citing a US tip-off.

"A group of 25 young people trained in combat" after travelling from their homes in Europe to the region, considered a hotbed of violent extremism, plan to head back again possibly via Turkey, one intelligence source told AFP.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

What are we supposed to do? Sit in our homes on Facebook 24/7, order our shopping from Tesco online? Our goods from the likes of Amazon and Ebay?

I think that is exactly what they want.
Second line

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
Maybe because the trouble has either been instigated by morons just looking for a fight, or its totally exaggerated to keep people in a state of fear.

How many people died in those Muslim attacks on London commuters again?

Where did the Muslim aircraft bomber Richard Reid hail from?

What was the name of that Muslim doctor who tried to blow up Glasgow Airport?

How many Muslims were involved in the Haymarket Bomb Plot?

I'd say you already have a pretty good idea of exactly which "morons" are "looking for a fight".

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Forget the hidden hand of the Government. There is a real terror element in British cities waiting to do a Kosovo when it gets the chance. Islam has spread rapidly from Spain to China and is growing in all of Europe, there will be elements ready to take on the British Government as has been proven time and again. There is a real threat here just like 7/7 - where's the conspiracy in that guys?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join