It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I was wondering if any if anyone could help me identify what is happening in my dreams as of late.

About five months ago I was having a peculiar dream (which is not unusual; most of my dreams are pretty strange) wherein I was exploring the steam tunnels at the college I was attending at the time. I found myself in a large room which was not part of the tunnel network, know to me anyway, which contained the typical fare of boilers, pipes, and the other types of things typically found down there. The room was below the level that I was at, so I descended into it to have a look around. As soon as I got into the room with the boilers, I looked back at the tunnel from which I came, I saw that it had turned into a huge room made completely of brick, now on the surface with no roof or door, about 60-70 feet tall. Noting this, I moved on. I stepped onto a steel grate that was about twenty feet above the floor and maybe five feet above the top of boilers.

The dream up to this point had been pretty normal, for a dream anyway. I just though it might help explained what happened afterwards. After stepping on the grate, I began to feel a buzz in my arms. It slowly escalated to the point where I could no longer grip the railing of the elevated platform I was on; I now had to throw my arms around the rail and put the full weight of my body on it to maintain my balance. The grate then detached from that wall and turned into part of a huge network of rotating platforms that was now spinning around the room. Meanwhile, the buzzing continued up my arms and eventually enveloped my entire body. When it reached my head, I immediately felt extremely drunk, which only added to the strangeness of being tossed around an underground room on a platform without the use of my limbs.

This lasted for a short time, approximately fifteen seconds, when everything went black. I felt like I was falling at first, then accelerated to what seemed to greatly exceed terminal velocity. This lasted for maybe five seconds. I awoke to find myself in my bed. At first, everything appeared normal. The first thing out of the ordinary was the pale green light that seemed to cover everything. There only light normally in the room was the one from the attached bathroom. There was no light fixture in the room itself, only a ceiling fan. The next thing that caught my attention was that I appeared to be looking through a field of static. The static was fluid; I could feel it change and warp with my body. It seemed to be a physical manifestation of the buzzing I had felt in the dream. It also affected my field of view, skewing and compressing it in places. The third thing that was out of the ordinary was that I could hear my roommate, asleep in another room, talking to himself about guns(?). I simply sat and observed my situation for a while, then attempted to get up and get some water. I couldn�t move. The more I tried, the more �intense� the static felt. It felt as thought it was keeping me from re-entering the world. I eventually gathered all my energy together and threw myself out of the �dream� to find myself wide-eyed in the exact position on the bed that I was in the dream. The static was gone, as was the light and voice of my roommate. I walked over to his room to find him sound asleep. I then got a glass of water, and went back to bed. I sat in bed for about two minutes when I seemed to �pick up� the vibrations/static again and was thrust immediately into the same dream, sitting on the bed with the green light and voice of my roommate babbling incoherently.

I repeated this process twice before eventually falling asleep. Since then, the same �dream� has happened twice. The latest and most disturbing was when I was laying face-down on my bed, fully conscious, and suddenly felt the vibrations. At once I felt the static, and it rapidly became more intense (the actual feeling is hard to describe) and it seemed to be physically pushing forward. I blacked out after that and don�t remember anything.

This ended up being much longer than I though it would, but my question is if anyone has any clue what is happening? The experience seems much more real than a dream, and always occurs where my physical body is at. My guess is that it could possibly be an involuntary OBE, but I�m open to all suggestions.

EDIT - Where the hell did that smiley come from?

[edit on 6/25/04 by para]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi para!

Just to expalin that I moved this thread from Paranormal to this Dreams section, as it seemed more appropriate.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks, I almost never check BTS, so I didn�t even know the �dreams� section existed.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Okay here is a small clue, you are getting sonic interference in your sleep from some source. Without knowing where you live exaclty it will be hard to determine. But I suspect you live in an apartment building. There may be a high freq device that you are picking up on or maybe even a gate ? Either way in your sleep your mind is picking up on the signal and "amplifing" it in your head, this translates to a wierd dream impression if you are in a deep sleep. "green" usually is for energy and since this is sonic interference it is restricting your neurons from firing correctly hence the inability to move. You are not actually being restricted physically, but since your brain is trying to decode the signal interference while asleep, only your sub-con is working and making all sorts of wild explanantions as to what it could be.

To get rid of this or help, try going to bed with either a white noice generator ie a fan or some ambient sounds, something that is not going to have an odd interuption of signal strength. So no LIVE radio.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Actually, you might be right, since it hasn�t happened since I came home for the summer. But, there was no radio in the room at all, or anything that would make noise for that matter. The only thing in the room was my bed, the ceiling fan (off), and cable modem for my computer. The computer was about twenty feet away in the dining room.

Originally posted by robertfenix
There may be a high freq device that you are picking up on or maybe even a gate ?

What kind of gate were your referring to?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Another thing you may want to try is putting pinwheels that blow in the wind outside, its reputed to keep static energy outside of houses. In tests where this has been tried people have had less sleep disturbances, and people who suffer from sever headaches have experienced a great reduction in the severity and frequency of their headaches.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Any type of moving gate, like to secure a parking area etc.

Funny, pinwheels huh, Strange I have two plastic ones outside my bedroom window, although I do not think they turn very much.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Pinwheels? Definitely worth a try, I guess. Not sure how I�m going to explain it to my parents, though.

It happened again today while lying down on the couch, no T.V.s, radios, etc. were on at the time. I�m now in a completely different part of the country and out in the suburbs. Things were slightly different this time though: first I felt a sideways shift followed by someone speaking to me. They repeatedly said �no� for about a minute straight. It wasn�t a �scary� �no�, more like �No, you idiot.� After the voice faded I looked at my surroundings. Once again I was in the same place as my physical body, only this time I could move to a certain degree. Also, there was no static in my field of view, but everything seemed hazy and dark (it was 3:00 in the afternoon).

Anyway, it kind of goes along with the sonic interference theory, since the green and the static was gone, but it still seems slightly OBEish.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Go to the doctor and get your self some anti boiotics. You have an ear infection.

The displacement effect is from your inner ear messing with your balance, you are sleeping in the afternoon which means you are tired or being affected by something outside of your normal pattern. An ear infection can also give you a crackling and piercing sonic sensations and the body's natural reaction to infection is to restrict the blood flow and pump in more white blood cells. Hence your vision as well as other senses can become fuzzy.

Seriously, go to the doctor and get a check up.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Negative on the ear infection, both of my parents work in the medical field, and both informed me that it is definitely not that.

I did have my wisdom teeth pulled about three days ago, but I am not on any medication whatsoever, prescription or over the counter. That�s the reason I was sleeping in the afternoon.

In any case, thanks for all the help/ideas.

top topics

join