It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand, foot and Mouth Disease Outbreak [EV71]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Hand, foot and Mouth Disease Outbreak [EV71]

health.spreadit.org

Hand Foot And Mouth Disease Suspicion In DENVER – Two children aboard a flight which landed in Denver were seen taking by paramedics after fears the pair may have been infected with hand, foot and mouth disease. This disease is extremely contagious, and the flight was evacuated. They were allowed to continue on their journey after it was found they posed no threat to passengers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
LA Times
All Voices.co.uk
www.punemirror.in
Gather.Com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EV71 Virus Outbreak Kills 19 Children in China
edit on 6/10/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I posted this because my niece just got diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. I live in Northern Ireland, the above article is from Denver, USA.

It happened when my sister brought my niece to hospital because her kid (2yrs old) had been throwing up constantly and could not take food or water. During the hours of her being at hospital my sister said the hospital was packed out with children and babies that were all sick in the waiting room. That was two days ago, today her child went to the creche as my sister went to work. The creche phoned her hours later and informed my sister that her child had Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease; that it is extremely contagious and for her to pick the child up right away.

I only got the phone call about 10 mins ago and Google'd the disease to find out more. I found the above article and oddly enough it is in the city of Denver, where my ancestor got the city named after him. Strange.

By just entering the keywords into Google "Hand Foot and Mouth Disease" you will see TONS of results that are all new and within the last month.

Is this the new swine flu?

On 23rd September 2010, a Malaysian company developed a new vaccine for Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Information can be found here: www.bernama.com...

Oh, great timing. Could this be one of Bill Gates (Or others) newly developed population control vaccine? Why the sudden outbreak, USA, Ireland, India etc? All within the last 3 weeks or so.

Below you will find other recent news links regarding this spontaneous outbreak which can led to death.

Please discuss this as my sister is freaking out about this, her kid is the most innocent and adorable kid you could imagine, a really pleasant child and it's sad to see her like this.

health.spreadit.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My niece and nephew just got it in Orlando Florida but my brother and his wife has not, does it only children?

The good news is that it only last 7 days but my nephew is only 1 and just screams all day and makes the blisters worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Sorry to hear about that mate. Yeah apparently it only infects children and lasts one week, adults can get infected but it is mild compared to a child being infected.

Enteroviral infections may also cause myocarditis, pneumonia, meningoencephalitis, and even death.

Source: emedicine.medscape.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Coxsakie Virius. It's actually, very common and most adults have had it.
www.medicinenet.com...

My daughter had it twice (two different strains apparently). My son had it once and, according to his pediatrician, it was the worst case he'd ever seen. Makes since since my son basically drank water from a small plastic pool that a kid pooped in a day earlier and the parents didn't clean properly (nor did they tell us about this, ending our friendshipt instantly)

It can be mild and barely noticeable or it can be very hard on the infected, with fevers spiking up around 103 or even higher (my daughter was closing in on 104, we were getting ready to take her to the hospital and the fever broke).

the blisters in the mouth and on the hands and feet can also be very noticeable and painful or barely there.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In the past month a friends boyfriend got the disease here in miami.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

coxsakie is a seasonal issue in areas where the seasons are more pronounced. It's most easily passed along in water, sand boxes etc. So, here in NY, cases are more prevalent in the warmer months. You're in Miami so that concept goes out the window.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Add pinkeye to the list, the whole family got pinkeye too

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks for the reply mate. I passed on your information to my sister and hopefully she will calm down a bit; she was thinking the worst of things.

At the moment the baby is sleeping, a bit of crying from her, more so than any normal day. She had a boil that magically appeared on her inner thigh, like a hard boiled egg cut in half. This may have something to do with it, she is fed on nothing else but organic food. She has never had a solid stool in her life (2yrs old), and the doctor said she has Gastric Swish. Her temperature at the moment seems normal. Thanks for your caring concern and information Stephen it is greatly appreciated.

I will ask the doctor about this Coxsackie Virus and listen to what he has to stay. Cheers!

CoolHandDan: Yeah, on that link Stephen posted regarding Coxsackie it talks about conjunctivitis, hopefully she doesn't get this too.

One more thing, me and my brother have been suffering from headaches for nearly 2 weeks, which is also described within that website Stephen linked under the B Type virus. I hope the whole family here is not infected.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My niece got it last year, when she was 4, coincidentally it was only a day or two after she received her chicken pox vaccination (though there is said to be no connection)... luckily, it wasn't too terrible for her and she recovered quickly. It's something that is said to be pretty bad for adults, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Once the fever breaks, the infectious period is over but the "fun" begins. the blisters/sores appear and last for up to a week I think but, like I said, some kids don't get the sores at all.

It's a nasty bug for sure but it is just that. The wicked high fever is the worst part because there's nothing worse than a lethargic, miserable kid and nothing you can do to alleviate their suffering. Once the sores/blisters appear, they'll feel them and, possibly, be bothered by them (my daughter stopped sucking her thumb as a result, my son lost a few pounds because he was so bad he couldn't eat) but their personalities return and they are like they always were.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So sorry to hear about all the children mentioned here that have come down with this dreaded disease. I have grandchildren - one 3 year old girl has Tubular Sclerosis and she catches everything coming along - she lives in Ky and I will email her Mother to be alert if she gets sick as this could become an epedemic quickly. Thank you OP for the post and links.

top topics

join