It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Voight Letter To America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I found some earlier posts,

this one
Jon Voight's Letter to America
has a broken youtube link but covers a different letter.

This one
Our Letter-Writing Buddy Jon Voight is At It Again!, page 1
says how Obama is destroying america

Today,
Jon reads a letter to the American people in this short video.

Here's a transcribe of the beginning

"Let me just say, in one year, the American people are witnessing the greatest lie, that is cleverly orchestrated by President Obama and his whole administration. The lie is a potent aggression that feeds the needs of people who either have not educated themselves enough to understand the assault upon us all, or the very poor and needy who live to be taken care of. President obama feeds these people poison..."

Here's the video link
JON VOIGHT LETTER TO AMERICA

I must admit, he seems very concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
He was pretty bad in Midnight Cowboy.
Any reason anything he says carries any more weight than anyone else?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well i would assume he is aware of the Alinsky Method, and seems to believe that Obama is trained in this method, delivering it's "ology" upon America to socialize us until the state runs everything.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I would say what he says carries a lot of weight since it is 100% the truth!

Anyone who isnt head over heals for obama can see that what he says in the video is accurate..

so, imd12c4funn
what is your take on what he says?

thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I would say what he says carries a lot of weight since it is 100% the truth!

Anyone who isnt head over heals for obama can see that what he says in the video is accurate..

so, imd12c4funn
what is your take on what he says?

thanks for posting

Obviously Jon is behemothly agains the Obama agenda and feels it is his duty to inform all of the ill fate that awaits us if we continue down the Obama road.

What is my take on this?
I believe the government has been to far up the American peoples a$$es for too long throughout the 20th century and with the 21st century, a never-ending war on terror, drugs, global warming, pandemics, and whatever else exploits additional pilfering of our pockets, althewhile attempts are continuous to eliminate the middle class and structure a world under one rule despite resistance by a few sovereign countries, including USA.
I am opposed to almost all the illegitimate legislation that has come to pass, even without authority vested within our Constitution.

It is abhorable, the nature of this ruling class, it is disfunction in all it's glory, so backwards as to what is rewarded, what is punishable, those above the law have created false law or what they term as "de facto", none of which is legitimate and hasn't been throughout American history with exceptions along the way that are too few and seem to have disappeared entirely with the assassination of JFK.

I would hope that true human nature is the opposite of this. We have been robbed of over half the wealth saved and not one of these perpetrators have been indicted. What does that tell you?

I am peaceful and do not search out those who differ from me, but I don't like to be tread upon and certainly when it is your own brother, sister, mother, father that you see losing half of everything, it is worse that the personal losses.
This is no more tolerable than a horse thief in past times. Why is there no justice? Why is there no retaliation?

I feel the S & L of the 80's was a test. With more years of adding to our diet, water, air, land, the time to rape the world is ripe and the few who manipulate worldly things are enjoying the s#(* out of our blatant ignorance.

Obama, in my opinion has not shown any traits worthy of presiding over the people of America or to lead the worlds greatest military, not to mention foreign policy.

To kneel and bow to those leaders who would have us eliminated, should they get the chance is pure and total submittal.
Every promise in the presidential race broken.
You can tell a man by his fruits. Well, there are even fruits telling of this man.

I believe the only chance is for every state to assert their sovereignty and eliminate unconstitutional law through nullification.
That is the only way to take back the country without revolution.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Awesome reply,

You just stated everything I have been feeling for a long time... you would think even the die hard obama lovers would be slapping themselves awake at this point, and some actually are coming around... others just won't have any part of that until the day the country collapses, and they will still just blame someone else,,,blaming others is what they do as a staple..

With all the blatant anti American legislation as you mention happening exponentially, critical mass is getting close for a meltdown just on that one alone...

Judgement day will be a horrifying thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Awesome reply,

You just stated everything I have been feeling for a long time... you would think even the die hard obama lovers would be slapping themselves awake at this point, and some actually are coming around... others just won't have any part of that until the day the country collapses, and they will still just blame someone else,,,blaming others is what they do as a staple..

With all the blatant anti American legislation as you mention happening exponentially, critical mass is getting close for a meltdown just on that one alone...

Judgement day will be a horrifying thing.

"Judgement day will be a horrifying thing."

Do you mean for the people of the world or for those who desecrate it and the people when they meet their maker?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nope.

But people look up to celebrities, even those like Joe Buck. I bet that Voight has never been able to live down the scene with his nerdy "buddy" in that movie.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I got warned for saying something about Republicans but I see the hypocrisy on here when people can make blatant generalizations about Obama supporters and get away with it.

I see the true agenda of people on this site.

Most people have already accepted that Obama is a failure. We don't wish to dwell on it 24/7, unlike our conservative counterparts.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
He was pretty bad in Midnight Cowboy.
Any reason anything he says carries any more weight than anyone else?

Took you all of three minutes.

What kept you?

Research?

It is just black or Phage with you.

Yes?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Voight is an actor with a B.A. in art. Politically he's flip flopped, having been a leftist during the Vietnam war

Voight's first roles were almost uniformly counter-cultural. In his early life, his political views were liberal and he supported President John F. Kennedy, whose death "traumatized" him.[8] He also worked for George McGovern's voter registrations efforts in the inner cities of Los Angeles.[9] Voight actively protested against the Vietnam War.[10] In the late 1970s, he made public appearances alongside Jane Fonda and Leonard Bernstein in support of the leftist Unidad Popular group in Chile.[11]

These days he likes to align himself with the likes of Palin and Beck. His rhetoric, at times, is absurd:

Last weekend, I tuned into a Fox program hosted by the avuncular former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, of whom I am a fan. There sat actor Jon Voight, staring gravely at the host, who praised the thespian's "courage."...Voight then accused the president of trying to depose God and deify himself -- as, according to the Book of Revelation, the Antichrist will do. It may sound ridiculous -- after all, who looks to celebrities for political wisdom? -- but it's deadly serious to millions of Americans. To his great discredit, Huckabee, a pastor, let this crazy talk pass unchallenged.

columnist Rod Dreher

Long story short - He's an actor, and nothing more, who's aligned himself with TTP cause. He's not a statesman, a politician, an analyst, or even a person with a background or degree in any relevant field for politics. He's an ACTOR.

Other than the fact that he seems to make beautiful daughters, his qualifications to be taken as anything other than a guy with an opinion are dubious.

Source for all above

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Voight is an actor with a B.A. in art. Politically he's flip flopped, having been a leftist during the Vietnam war

Voight's first roles were almost uniformly counter-cultural. In his early life, his political views were liberal and he supported President John F. Kennedy, whose death "traumatized" him.[8] He also worked for George McGovern's voter registrations efforts in the inner cities of Los Angeles.[9] Voight actively protested against the Vietnam War.[10] In the late 1970s, he made public appearances alongside Jane Fonda and Leonard Bernstein in support of the leftist Unidad Popular group in Chile.[11]

These days he likes to align himself with the likes of Palin and Beck. His rhetoric, at times, is absurd:

Last weekend, I tuned into a Fox program hosted by the avuncular former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, of whom I am a fan. There sat actor Jon Voight, staring gravely at the host, who praised the thespian's "courage."...Voight then accused the president of trying to depose God and deify himself -- as, according to the Book of Revelation, the Antichrist will do. It may sound ridiculous -- after all, who looks to celebrities for political wisdom? -- but it's deadly serious to millions of Americans. To his great discredit, Huckabee, a pastor, let this crazy talk pass unchallenged.

columnist Rod Dreher

Long story short - He's an actor, and nothing more, who's aligned himself with TTP cause. He's not a statesman, a politician, an analyst, or even a person with a background or degree in any relevant field for politics. He's an ACTOR.

Other than the fact that he seems to make beautiful daughters, his qualifications to be taken as anything other than a guy with an opinion are dubious.

Source for all above

We are all just Earth dwellers too.

Be it actor, musician, accountant, soldier....

Does our opinion not count?

Maybe you can tell me exactly who's opinion does.

Mungo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Jon Voights opinions matter as much as anyones.

"And they — what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."

Voight to Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor", 04/27/2007

Hrm, this muddies the waters greatly, doesn't it? Hypocrite much Mr. Voight?

It's just when I voice my opinions Glen Beck doesn't respond by saying

"It's good not to be alone. It's good not to be alone."

Beck to Voight on a radio interview, 06/10/2009.

The danger with TTP using Voight this way is that Voight has played Generals, Senators, and even Presidents in film. TTP is cashing in on this artificial association, IMO, to try and create false credibility.

Hrm, I guess Morgan Freeman wouldn't play ball, so they went for option #2 maybe. But, hey, Voight did do the narration for Palins biography, so at least it's all in the family.

Jon Voight is politically irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I am not American... lets get that straight,

The Fonda's, there's a start,

everybody with a voice has a say !

Same here, Russel Crow etc.

We have all have an opinion, as well we we should.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Mungodave! I discerned the non American thing from this:

Mood: reflective

And to be a bit more personable than my previous post, I agree utterly that all opinions count and are a valid part of the fabric and din of any democracy. Every voice should have a venue to be heard.

My issue with Mr Voight is that his voice seems to be just a bit louder than some others these days. Keeping the source of the voice in context is paramount in understanding the whole message being presented. If the OP says "Here is what Jon Voight says..." then I feel obligated to say "And this is who Jon Voight is..."

Either set of facts, independent of the other, is only part of the picture.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Always remember as you diss the Long Legged Mack Daddy Usurper in Chief, the spineless, floppy little puppet...

...Thank God for Barry Soetoro!!!

[color=gold]Here's Why!

He may now depart... TO ARIZONA!

Adding: Voight has class.
edit on 10·5·10 by DrMattMaddix because: bad color codes & things like that

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because he on national t.v saying it out loud,if we had more people doing this we would be a whole lot better off...I like the last part when he says "this is the first president to weaken the United States of America,President Obama uses his aggression and arrogence for his own agenda against the will of the american people when he should be using his will and aggression against our enemies."that was excellent

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did he get an award for that movie?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

sorry phage I meant to reply to mugodave its kind of early here.........

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
For some people, it wouldn't matter if Christ himself wrote the letter, or maybe Nero - reincarnate.

Would that make the opinion any more legitimate?

You can disagree, but then what?

If I wrote the letter and you found out I flipflopped on an issue, would I be discredited? Not a chance.
I would not even get a hit because, just as with Jon, my opinion is moot and I did not get the role in
Midnight Cowboy.

What a pity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join