It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Letter-Writing Buddy Jon Voight is At It Again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Our Letter-Writing Buddy Jon Voight is At It Again!

Dear Mr. President ... from Jon Voight

An open letter from actor Jon Voight to President Obama:

June 22, 2010

Dear President Obama:

You will be the first American president that lied to the Jewish people, and the American people as well, when you said that you would defend Israel, the only Democratic state in the Middle East, against all their enemies. You have done just the opposite.... You are putting Israel in harm's way, and you have promoted anti-Semitism throughout the world.

You have brought to Arizona a civil war, once again defending the criminals and illegals, creating a meltdown for good, loyal, law-abiding citizens. Your destruction of this country may never be remedied, and we may never recover.

DAMN, Jon-boy, now you go tell Obama how de cow eat de cabbage! Man, Jon Voight never ceases to surprise me, it's like he's been taking Doc Velocity pills. He sees right through the Obama smokescreen with 20-20 clarity.

Bravo, old man. Now go buy your daughter a hamburger, she looks like an Auschwitz refugee.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Now we know why god gave him Angelina.... You go Boy... I am right behind you

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
" You have brought to Arizona a civil war, once again defending the criminals and illegals, creating a meltdown for good, loyal, law-abiding citizens."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, illegal immigration is now Obama's fault?

Uh, Obama's policy is the same as every President from Reagan on.
Reagan gave 2 million amnesty, every President since has looked the other way to provide cheap labor for corporate America.
Apparently you have forgotten that Bush2 teamed with Ted Kennedy
and Uncle McCain for more amnesty.

Yes, Obama has done jack about it, but nobody else has either.
Voight is a highly partisan idiot!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Doc, I like you man. But don't promote a letter that suggests any criticism of Israel as anti-semitism. Because that's just #ing stupid. It really is.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Its not America's job to defend Israel.

The drug war only exists because government refuses to allow recreational drug producers to operate in a legal market.

Problems solved.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

No, illegal immigration is not Obama's fault - and yes, no President in the last 30 years has lifted a finger aside from Reagan's amnesty bill to do anything about it... btw, way to reduce a massive problem to moral relativism

What Obama did do was turn his back on the people of Arizona who are sick and tired of each and every administration either giving the problem lip service only or just ignoring it entirely - a good number of whom probably helped get him elected.

These people, these legal citizens of the United States have dealt with hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants spilling over their border in recent years, have seen the funding for their social service programs dwindle to near breaking point, have had citizens gunned down by illegals on their OWN property and now have a swath of their southern border reduced to a criminal no-man's land... and Obama's reaction? Have the state department look into suing Arizona over a bill he hasn't even read - to say nothing of the purported hostage taking of border security to garner Republican support for his version of immigration reform. Absolutely disgraceful, and perhaps impeachment worthy, depending on how seriously he takes his oath of office to secure the United States from enemies both foreign and domestic.

The Israel part of the letter? Ah, think ol' John boy might be playing head-in-the-sand with recent events to be honest. That not withstanding, Obama does seem to be doing his gosh-darndest to sell out former allies hand over fist. Whether he should be or not I suppose depends on the nature of the former ally and is up for debate...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't like Obama, but this is just BS.

I like how he included the border thing to give the impression that his letter was not pure blatant Zionist propaganda.

Did John Voight discover Megaphone?

Man, Jon Voight never ceases to surprise me, it's like he's been taking Doc Velocity pills.

This is very possible, he doesn't make any sense at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

GONNGGG!! You're dead wrong, chief.

Perhaps you weren't alive when the state of Israel was created, just after WWII... The USA, Britain and many other parties of the Alliance were SWORN to protect Israel into the indefinite future, lest another round of anti-Semitism and Nazism threaten the Jewish people as before.

You do understand what sworn to protect means, right? You understand indefinite future, right? That means the USA and others are sworn to protect Israel forever, if necessary.

Yes, it's America's job.

Given that the vast majority of what you're hearing in the press today is biased and sensationalized anti-Israel propaganda, yes, I think Obama has turned his back not only on the Israeli people but on America's sworn obligation to protect the state of Israel.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well Doc, it's good to see that you're living up to the caption under your username!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Perhaps you weren't alive when the state of Israel was created, just after WWII... The USA, Britain and many other parties of the Alliance were SWORN to protect Israel into the indefinite future, lest another round of anti-Semitism and Nazism threaten the Jewish people as before.

You do understand what sworn to protect means, right? You understand indefinite future, right? That means the USA and others are sworn to protect Israel forever, if necessary.

Yes, it's America's job.

Given that the vast majority of what you're hearing in the press today is biased and sensationalized anti-Israel propaganda, yes, I think Obama has turned his back not only on the Israeli people but on America's sworn obligation to protect the state of Israel.

— Doc Velocity

Fortunately the Constitution proves you wrong.

Try again.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The USA, Britain and many other parties of the Alliance were SWORN to protect Israel into the indefinite future, lest another round of anti-Semitism and Nazism threaten the Jewish people as before.

Is there a legal document that would prove this obligation to Isreal?

I don't see how a "democratically chosen" government in 2010 would have a legal obligation like this to another state, based on an agreement in 1945.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes, it's America's job.

— Doc Velocity

edit on 6/22/2010 by Doc Velocity]

Doc, I like you, but come on, you can't be serious?

Your really going to defend the idea that the US has to defend Israel based on fear treaties of the 40's and 50's?

After all the econimic and military aid given to it over 60 years, you'd think Israel would now be able to protect itself. You must also admit that Israel makes things worse for itself with it's arrogant behaviour.

The people of the US WERE NOT the ones who signed a pact stating they would protect Israel into infinity. That was the power hungry world elite who did so.

America should mind it's own business, it would be beneficial to the world at large AND the American people.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, people will take this guy seriously.

I agree with some of what he said, but not all of it. Seriously, my concern is that the letter will be taken as a sampling of how all Americans feel, because Jon Voight thinks he has some sort of clout.

Israel is capable of taking care of itself, and needs to be weened off the American tit. Not everyone who lives in Israel is Jewish, so, I find his tirade hysterically funny! If they want to be bullies in their own neighborhood, they should be able to follow through with the fight, on their own.

Either Jon Voight believes in riding the coat tails of his daughter, or he's a has been with way too much time on his hands.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Yes, it's America's job.

— Doc Velocity

Fortunately the Constitution proves you wrong.

Try again.

What part of the Constitution proves him wrong? I must have missed it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

Absolutely nowhere in the Constitution is foreign aid authorized, nor are there any Constitutional provisions mandating we protect another nation.

Article 1 Section 8 specifically spells out what the feds may do with our money. Foreign aid isnt listed anywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The only thing Israel gave us it is war one Terror, considering the main reason muslim nations hate us is because of our support of the Israeli criminal regime.

There are two types of Israeli supporters... Selfish elitists and Suckers.

AAC

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes, it's America's job.

— Doc Velocity

It may have been sworn indefinitely, but deals get broke every day. Besides, the USA and its allies do not need to protect Isreal, they do fine on their own. As a matter of fact they are the aggressors some of the time.

The conundrum in the middle-east is one the west cannot solve and protecting Isreal from maybe Iran is needed, but if Isreal just left Iran alone i bet their wouldn't be a problem.

Isreal just likes beating its war drum because they know that no one can stop them. We are, in their eyes, their slaves. Their race supercedes all. Their religion even eludes to this.

They are starting to smell like many enemies we have since gotten rid of. Hopefully they can get new leadership that will make them a more positive influence in the midde-east.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Its not my job to work as a slave for Israel.

I didn't not consent for my tax dollars to be used on the defense of foreign nationals.

The Israelis are more than capable of defending themselves without the US government holding a gun to my head, robbing me of my wealth, and then spending it on Israeli national defense.

I don't care who created Israel.

Israel is not America.

Oh by the way, in case you missed it, our government is broke and our social welfare programs are insolvent. But I guess you care more about Israelis than you do about having a solvent currency.

The ridiculous foreign escapades, policing the world, and outrageous welfare programs are going to come to an end.

Soon.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think hes been hanging out with Daniel Pipes to long. And he needs to stay away from the technical advisors on the set of "24". We all know Bush loved that show. Because his guys were out there being technical advisors to them in order to build up support for the war on terror. You know propaganda.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Time for AIPAC to be declared "an agent of a foriegn government" End all dual citizenships if we are to have any hope of saving our country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join