It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court overturns US tycoon's will that left fortune to Panama's poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Court overturns US tycoon's will that left fortune to Panama's poor

www.guardian.co.uk

Accusations fly after judges rule that Wilson Lucom's $50m to set up foundation for poor children should go to his family instead.

t was going to be the largest single charitable donation in Panama's history: more than $50m (£32m) for poor children.

Wilson Lucom, a US tycoon, left most of his estate to a foundation to help the neediest people in the country where he lived until his death in 2006, aged 88.

Now, four years later, after a bitter legal battle, the fortune is going to one of Panama's most powerful dynasties – including the ambassador to Britain – and the children h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Disgusting if true.

What the hell is going on with this corrupt money grabbing world we live in?

Old Ma Hilda has been well and truly sucked in by her kids for sure here. Bearing in mind she is in her 80's and her old man left her a MONTHLY stipend of $20k. Yes you read correctly a woman in her 80's was left 20 big ones a month to live on in her husbands will and she challenged it to get the hacienda back he had left to poor starving kids!

What price the offspring off this union were determined to extract more than the 50 - 200k they had been left? If I was a bookie I wouldn't even give you odds.

For a legislative body in Panama - no less than effectively their Supreme Court to rule he had been manipulated on the basis that he referred to his widow as 'beloved' is wholely and utterly indefensibly disgustingly corrupt.

When I see # like this I hope there is divine retribution in store for these poor excuses for humanity.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

Disgusting if true. ......

Is there some possibility that this might not be true? I can't speak for the record of accuracy for this media organization, but people seem to use it a lot.

Seems a shame, the good it could have done certainly appears to outweigh the need of the 'winners' of this case (legal circus seems a more appropriate description though).

How is it that a person's last will and testament can be deemed void? Under what circumstances? I mean the darn article begins "Being of sound mind and body I hereby ...."

Was he not of sound mind?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
so this guy had U.S. citizenship and a Panamanian court overturned the ruling so they themselves can get the money ?

very interesting, the post title serves justice to intellect...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The wife had the "right" to the money. Regardless of the will, it's at least one half hers. He probably should have had his lawyers tell the family, publicly, of his intentions to leave money for the poor. This is what secrecy gets you when money and family are involved.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Panamanian Court overturns United States Citizen's will and fortune to the poor

SUBTITLE:

"Panamanian Gov get's the money"

there that's better

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The panamanian govt is probably as corrupt as the US gov. so i doubt if any kids will seee a dime.
Sure there will be some public demonstration, but i doubt if anything of substance come to the kids IMHO//

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
give them something to believe in instead.

new topics

top topics

join