It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another UFO interrupts airport in Mongolia, China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.weirdasianews.com...

UFO activity seems to be pretty hot right now. This one almost caused a collision, according to the article. Don't bother watching the video in the link though- it seems like all old material.

"“The airport received a notice from the Hohhot Air Traffic Management Bureau about the appearance of a UFO. To guarantee security, the aircraft heading for the airport had to land elsewhere. Otherwise, it could have led to collisions,” according to a Baotou airport spokeswoman."

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

How many incidents will it take for them to finally capture it on tape?

Seriously, UFO maybe, but I'm quite sure it's not any E.T. spacecraft. Maybe the Russians lurking around.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
OK, which airport, when (date/time), what direction of the UFO, what eyewitness descriptions....

Until then, just more senseless noise...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

soure quote;

The most recent UFO was sighted at 8 pm about four kilometers (about 2 ½ miles) east of the Baotou airport. Two flights, one from Beijing and the other from Shanghai, were diverted to neighboring airports.

source link; www.weirdasianews.com...

Not much being giving away from the article source at present but the above quote is all i could find in relation to your previous questions on ,direct,which airport ect.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is some more info on this story this time from People's Daily Online[

source; english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Around 9:14 p.m., three flights from Beijing and Shanghai to Baotou were delayed, and the aircraft were forced to circle in the air while waiting to land. Furthermore, the Air China Flight 1107 from Beijing to Baotou landed at the Erdos Airport and the Juneyao Airlines Flight 1137 from Shanghai to Baotou landed at the Taiyuan Airport. The Baotou Airport did not receive a notice on resuming normal operations until 10 p.m.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I see they're using the picture of the helicopter on a long exposure to accompany the article and a youtube video which is a compilation of clips that presumably are not connected in any way with this latest report.

There never seems to be any confirmation of these stories either, just one report repeated mostly word for word on different websites. The witness statement sounds like it could be made up too. On this version english.peopledaily.com.cn... a 'Ms. Luo' is reported as being the aiport spokeswoman, I wonder if she exists and I wonder if we could confirm that the planes were grounded?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

I see they're using the picture of the helicopter on a long exposure to accompany the article

I was wondering what was up with that pic. I thought at first it looked like a projection from the ground.
But that makes more sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
BrokenCar, I think most people agreed that it was a helicopter in that picture and not the chinese UFO. Why do 'news' sites insist on putting a picture of any old cloud/light with a UFO story when they don't actually have a picture? ...I'm sure we know the answer....

I just found this article which has quite alot of detail from witnesses, is it connected to the story in the OP?

UFO causes delays at capital airport * Source: Global Times * [02:43 September 25 2010] * Comments By Xu Tianran

An Unidentified Flying Object allegedly appeared in the city night sky on September 21, causing an in-flight civil aircraft to fly back to its departure airport. An "unusual military exercise" was the official explanation later offered by airline authorities.

A passenger surnamed Dong aboard Shandong Air SC1159 Boeing 737-800 flying from Jinan to Beijing for a Mid- Autumn Festival family reunion had just fallen asleep, only to be awoken by the vibrations of landing. Dong reportedly awoke to find he was back in Jinan. The flight attendant told him they had turned around at the capital city airport for a UFO.

www.globaltimes.cn...

new topics

top topics

join