It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom Userbars by PETROLCOIN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Do you wish you'd never started this thread?

Yes.

I didn't expect so many requests! The Member Art section tends to be kind of dead. I thought it'd just be a few here and there.

Oh well! I enjoy designing them. I feel bad for not being able to make one for those people who asked for one though. I just don't want to throw something together and have it turn out like crap just for the sake of giving them one. I want to make quality graphics!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks again petrol, they look really good.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hey Fort Anthem, here is a possible.

What do you think of this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/706fd1f251eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Kinda looks like one of those big retirement villages, nice try though.

I'd still like to do something with this pic though. I tried but, it's still too tall. Is there any way to stretch and squish an image to make it fit better?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef1bd3e5a761.jpg[/atsimg]

I want this picture because it is a picture of the Basillica De Covadonga commemorating the battle in which the Spaniards began their reconquest of the Iberian peninsula after the Muslem conquest.

In 711 the Muslim Arabs invaded the Iberian Peninsula. The Visigothic King Rodrigo died facing them in the Andalusian field of Guadalete in southern Spain. Taking a position of resistance against the rapid conquest and domination of the infidel, Don Pelayo led a group of valorous knights who had withdrawn to the northern mountains of the Asturias to recoup and fight.

The Arabs considered Spain a conquered country and were preparing to enter the Gaul of the Goths when they heard about the revolt of the Austurians. In the year 722, the Moors sent a well trained army under the command of General Alkamar with orders to destroy Don Pelayo and his men.

Don Pelayo prepared the resistance to meet the large Muslim army at Alzeba Mountain, where the cliffs offered an advantage to the greatly outnumbered Catholics. He placed his men strategically along the cliffs, and while they waited for the enemy to advance, he went to the nearby Cave of Covadonga, where he had placed a statue of Our Lady and asked for her special protection in the coming battle.

The Moors began the attack, sending arrows at the Catholic soldiers behind the stone cliffs. But already, at this first attack, something extraordinary happened: the arrows returned against the Moorish archers who had drawn the bows, killing them. A group of Catholics advanced to fight, while others shot arrows and threw stones and trunks from the Alzeba Mountain down over the enemy troops.

After a short while, Suleiman, the second in command, fell dead, disorder erupted in the army, and Alkamar gave the order to retreat.

At that moment a terrible storm broke out. Thunder roared, lightning lit the dark slopes, and heavy rain caused mudslides that sent boulders and trees tumbling down the mountain and falling over the retreating Arab troops. Struggling in the mud, many Moorish soldiers slipped and fell into the Deva River, where they drowned. The Holy Virgin made the mountain itself fall over the soldiers of Muhammad.

Our Lady of Covadonga

This story gives me hope that, when all seems lost, there still is a ray of hope for the restoration of this country from the barbarian hordes who have destroyed it over the past century.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey Petrol.. I noticed your post here.. How are ya..

I would take one for the left side.. something along the same lines as the one I have.. just a bit cocky and cool at the same time eh..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ima use both userbars at once, cause theres always a way to win, thats a GIF image.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You want an avatar? I'm not too good with those, but I can try. Anything in particular that you want? Any more details you can offer so I don't come up with something completely stupid?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Any more details you can offer so I don't come up with something completely stupid?

HAHA..

Ahhhh Make it like the one I have just with a tad more color.. I have been running this avatar for like 5 yrs or something.. time for change... and put in it made by you or cheeze or something..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d52fd92389ae.gif[/atsimg]

That's all I could come up with. It's really hard to work with a tall image when there's only 50 pixels in height to work with. Sorry I couldn't do better than that.

edit on 10/15/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: Added a coat of arms to the image and replaced it with the old one.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Thanks, I like that.

Saltheart also made me a nice squished version so I think I'll switch back and forth every once and a while.

I like the one without the coat of arms better though.
edit on 10/15/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I like the one without the coat of arms better though.

Oh okay. Well hopefully you saved that to your media account because I deleted it from my photo album. If you used the link on mine it's going to be gone out of your signature soon. So if you used my link, just save it to yours and paste the new link in your signature.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20293bb4247d.gif[/atsimg]

Hope you like it!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Sorry, I had to just go with a UK Army theme. I couldn't incorporate the UFO and camera without it looking bad.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73e7f2c73a86.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db8eaa56fbc2.gif[/atsimg]

How is that?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So I'm all caught up?!? I think...? Unless Lightrule wants me to make him one. Or one of the people I just posted for doesn't like what I made.

Hopefully everyone is satisfied! That way I'll be caught up! WHEW!
Major creativity drain this thread has been.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Im good with that thanks Petrol... Appreciate it.. I forgot to say ADD THE PORTAL!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You guys don't have to credit me for your userbars and avatars if you don't want to, by the way. I won't sue, I promise.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
ADD THE PORTAL!!!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eea02763f731.gif[/atsimg]

PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 10/16/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am on my way TO THE PORTAL!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wanted to throw this userbar out there as well:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7734272bfc12.gif[/atsimg]

I didn't create it. I've had it on my computer forever, though. It's a good one.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

7hÀ7§ gH€¥, Î 1Øv€ 1€€7 §Þ€Àk... ðØwÑ wÎ7H 7Hà7 7HîÑg... î7 §Û©K§..

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join