It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should the next major debate in The Congress be focused on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As the title asks, after Clean Energy Indpendance begins debate after the first of the year and is set to conclude by the end of the Spring or beginig of Summer 2011 what would everyone like to see be the next major hurdle for this nation to conquer the way we recently did Healthcare Reform and Financial Reform?

Immigration Reform - Education Reform - Infastructure spending and reform - Consumer Safety reform - Election Reform (ie the recent Supreme Court ruling that allowed foriegn entites to contribute to campaigns) or other?

BTW, TO USE THIS OPPOURUNITY TO PREVENT THIS NATION FROM MOVING FORTH YOUR PARTICPATION IS NOT WELCOMED. Any talk to get rid of either the GOP, Dems, Tea Party, Obama, Biden, Pelosi or any current official in Government will fall on deaf ears and will be ignored.

To use this as yet another oppourtunity to attack anyone based exclusively and solely on the grounds of race, religion, socio economical status, gender, sexual preference your cries will fall on deaf ears and be ignored.

edit on 2-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: Added more info to be more precise! Please heed this! D1!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think energy should be the main concern of the nation

Starting with a full and transparent investigation into the big energy corporation, how they effect our national policy, and criminal charges should foul play be proven...then moving on to getting the leading unbias scientists to discuss options on development of new energy sources.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would really like to see Congress tackle the Federal Reserve, abolishing the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and getting out of our debt based currency. Then, I would like to see Congresss focus on corruption within their ranks and expelling all of the traitors who put their and their friends' profits above the American people and country as a whole. I would like to see this country once again be the beacon of liberty, pillar of justice and the megaphone of freedom that we once were.

Of course, my daughter wants a unicorn for her birthday and like her, I am not likely to see my wishes come true. We can pretty much rest assured that Congress is going to do the opposite of whatever is in our best interests and the interests of the country as a whole. Many people mistakenly believe that Congress is incompetent and while it may look like that on the surface due to our sad state of affairs, in reality it's just that they never intended to work in our interests in the first place. This helps the illusion that they are just bumbling idiots, instead of greedy traitors with no interest in the direction of our country.

--airspoon

edit on 2-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Freedom !!!!! as in the Right to Life Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

We have the largest prison population on Earth this is not hallmark of a free open republic......

After that I would over haul our financial mess like phasing out the fed.

Term limits and election reform.

I would also like to see lobby groups and special interests groups outlawed.

I would like to see term limits imposed on the supreme court.

People with duel citizenship should not be allowed to be members of congress.

edit on 2-10-2010 by LDragonFire because: hit reply way too fast

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It will never happen but a true investigation of 9/11
It will put George W. in prison (actually they would silence him first)
It will bring to light which corporations & countries are actively hostile to the people of the US and to peoples life in general
It will bring Homeland Security, the TSA, the CIA & the FBI to a screeching halt
on & on - see never happen

I really think that massive voter fraud will occur & be allowed so that the status quo will be maintained by those in power.

Financial Reform was just the basics that the IMF told congress they better pass. The IMF believes that the people should be taxed and not corporations and the rich.
Health Care Reform. Never happened. I read the book. No reform there.
Clean energy. Tax the people more.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Doctor G because: More answers,

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

WHAT THIS POSTER SAID!!!!!!!

edit on 2-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Even though it won't happen: deficit spending and entitlement reform.

Obama's going to have to tackle this problem if we wants to start his political comeback. The Republicans would be obliged to join him if they want to seem genuine. Our nation is truly screwed long term if we don't get our finances in order.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would have to say we have to do something about our currency.

Since the US Dollar is about to become the Zimbabwe or Weimar equivalent, something should be done immediately.

I suggest an immediate transition to silver and gold backed currency. With an immediate dissolution of the Federal reserve thereby destroying the men behind the curtain controlling our destiny.

If you know about the call for the institution of the inflation protocol, you know what I am speaking about. If you do not, maybe you should inform yourself.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would like to see talk about how we can begin truly withdrawing our troops from the middle east, and many of the places in the world where they dont belong, cause more problems than they solve, and merely enrich Halliburton.

That is what I would like to see congress debate.

edit on 2-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The Out Sourcing of American Jobs due to Anti Business Goverment Rules and Regulations . Next on the Agenda should be Tarriff Reform . If foreign companies want to sell their products in the U.S. , they should Pay Higher Tarriffs to do so in order to Strenghten our Economy . It is up to Congress to address these Issues ASAP IMO .

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hmm, well they've already covered several huge issues that our country faces in recent times

• Steroids in major league baseball
  • What Stephen Colbert Thinks
  • Which bank to give the most money to
  • How to legally require all Americans to purchase Health insurance against their will

So what more do you want them to do? I mean...i guess they haven't looked into Carmen SanDiego quite yet, and found out where she might be?

Next on C-Span...

edit on 2-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
stopping the wholesale slaughter of American Mustangs

goes with with Big Oil,Big Timber,Big Agriculture,and Secret Black Budget Military installations
and how they they all serve the NWO

Save the Mustangs ,Save the World

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think education reform, financial reform, and infrastructure overhaul would be the most important things to handle.

Education is an investment in both the future and the economy, as reform that would possibly employ more teachers could help with unemployment. There's also the added economic stimulation that upgrading equipment and updating textbooks would create. And a federal curriculum would prevent Texas from dictating textbook standards for the nation. Some people may say that it is fascistic for the government to create standards, but it's downright undemocratic for a single state to decide the rest of the nation's textbook standards, isn't it?

Financial reform is needed because America simply doesn't have enough of a level head about spending anymore. Not just the government, but the people. How can people expect the government to act differently than the populace if it's a democratic nation? If the people of the nation are in debt the government will be as well. We need to promote savings, reasonable investment, and financial planning.

Infrastructure is something that's by far the most important aspect of government. Aside from fixing the interstate system and maintaining all of its bridges properly there should be talk of getting the states to all work together to update our electrical grid (decreasing energy expenditures in the long run), gas pipelines, telecommunications infrastructure, and plumbing. Infrastructure needs to be maintained because it is what allows our nation to thrive. If you take away the organs of a body it will not live for long.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
We have the largest prison population on Earth this is not hallmark of a free open republic......

Agreed.

Term limits and election reform.

Vague and possibly detrimental. Who is going to abandon their careers for government if they know they only have a good 8 years? We need committed civil servants in certain areas, particularly legislation.

I would also like to see lobby groups and special interests groups outlawed.

As much as I hate to say it, that would breach our rights under the First Amendment, you'd be preventing people from organizing for political change.
Remember, it may have been a special interest group that outlawed alcohol, but it was also a special interest group that gave women their equal right to vote.

I do agree that we need to overhaul lobbying laws, but we can't simply outlaw it.

I would like to see term limits imposed on the supreme court.

I think this would overly politicize it and frankly waste people's time. SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment because it is supposed to be made up of experts in the field. It is the one balance of mob rule in this country, as mob rule is the biggest disadvantage of democracy. The will of the people must be heard, but sometimes it must be tempered by those that actually know what they're talking about.

People with duel citizenship should not be allowed to be members of congress.

Speaking as someone with dual citizenship, why the hell should that happen? People with dual citizenship are no less American than other people. Frankly, that sort of perspective might actually be beneficial when dealing with legislation.

We already have an outright bigoted law stating that only people born in the USA can be President, even though somewhere around 10 million people of the nation are first generation immigrants.

I always found it quite stupid that I couldn't be President even though I spent 88.8% of my life in the USA, and those first two years that I didn't live there were sort of hazy.

Originally posted by Snarf
Steroids in major league baseball

Admittedly a waste of time

What Stephen Colbert Thinks

You mean how he actually attempted to publicize the plight of migrant workers in America and gave a reasoned and impassioned plea for the Congress to address a vital issue? Sorry, but the Faux News spin on this statement is more than visible.

Which bank to give the most money to

You mean preventing the possible entire financial collapse of the US economy? I'm sorry, but the invisible hand of the market doesn't prevent the economy from collapsing when deregulated companies decide to go insane.

How to legally require all Americans to purchase Health insurance against their will

I'm sorry, where in the bill does it actually require people to purchase health insurance against their will? You're more than skewing that issue here, but considering the ridiculous bias of your previous two comments...

So what more do you want them to do? I mean...i guess they haven't looked into Carmen SanDiego quite yet, and found out where she might be?

They have a saying in England, it's always easy to be the opposition party because you really just have to point out what the other guys are doing wrong. (More than a bit of paraphrasing). It's really easy to criticize, but what ideas do you have? Think they're doing a horrible job? Then how would you do it better?

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

The Out Sourcing of American Jobs due to Anti Business Goverment Rules and Regulations .

You mean things like environmental regulation that protects the air we breathe and the water we drink? Or stuff like consumer protection laws that prevent companies from lying to us when they sell their products? Or the labor laws that prevent (further) worker exploitation?

I'm sorry that I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you're being awfully vague.

Next on the Agenda should be Tarriff Reform . If foreign companies want to sell their products in the U.S. , they should Pay Higher Tarriffs to do so in order to Strenghten our Economy . It is up to Congress to address these Issues ASAP IMO .

How would that strengthen our economy? I've honestly heard a lot of this from people on the right, but there doesn't seem to be any logic behind the claim.

edit on 10/3/10 by madnessinmysoul because: Added a lot more.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

" You mean things like environmental regulation that protects the air we breathe and the water we drink? Or stuff like consumer protection laws that prevent companies from lying to us when they sell their products? Or the labor laws that prevent (further) worker exploitation?

I'm sorry that I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you're being awfully vague. "

I am talking about unreasonable Taxes on Businesses , Mandatory Health Care Plans at the Mercy of High Medical Costs , and Rules and regulations that Inhibit Businesses from Growth . Do you Live in a Cave ? Are you not aware of how the US Goverment is Underminding our Economy throught these actions ? .........Duh .

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think Obamma should be the topic. I mean he really hasnt done anything. They should remove him and re-hire Al Gore imo

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
1.) Abolish the Fed..........
2.) Secure our borders and deport those here illiegally.........
3.) Campaign finance reform..............
4.) Term limits............
5.) Tariff reform.........

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vincitori
I think Obamma should be the topic. I mean he really hasnt done anything. They should remove him and re-hire Al Gore imo

Obama has done a lot actually, I wish I could tell you but the CIA is watching my every keystroke and if I told you I'd have to kill you but I couldn't kill you because the CIA would kill me first, therein lies the problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aurocas

What about time travel? If it's good enough Arnold Schwarzenegger then it's good for any body.
lol I'm hungry.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincitori

Why do some people use any oppourtunity they can to trasha nd demonize POTUS. This is NOT THE AVENUE FOR THIS. I swear do some people not read anything and just hijack a thread to blame the very person whose trying to fix this mess?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join