It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of ATS notoriety?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hallo, fellow ATSers.

Just as a fair warning, I love to play devil's advocate for just about every argument I see that has a flaw. So if you don't want me to attack your argument, don't leave holes

Also, I love to discuss philosophy and hate talking politics. I will still debate politics, but it is a quick way to get on my nerves if you don't know what you are talking about and you still are talking as if you did.

I like to take the middle POV of everything so that people may see both sides since people nowadays seem to jump the gun and entrench their self into their own beliefs and completely shoot down everything else in a giantwar of flames.

As my name suggests, I am an American. I am an aware American, but I still love living in this country. I know it sucks, but other places suck more. As long as I have a roof, a toilet, and McDonalds, I am a happy man. I love the Americana way of life and I plan to retire and live the rest of my days away from it all, the way America was meant to be.

People have told me I am modest, and of course I cannot say that I am myself or it would defeat the purpose. So I will just say this: I have been told I am thoughtful and articulate, respectful and wise beyond my years. Just how old am I? I wont say. I don't want people to judge me by my age, but rather my intellect and character.

Oh, I am a writer. I plan on doing more writing of short stories and poems than news topics, though. I hope I can become a notorious ATSer. That is my goal

I hope to talk to you guys soon on the debate floor

edit on 2-10-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hello and Welcome,
Based on what Ive read so far, your gonna do great here. I'm sure after a few members read this, they will love to welcome you with open arms, so enjoy yourself, and I hope to see some of you threads around.
Enjoy.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thank you very much

What topics do you like to be involved with? Maybe I will see you there.

Wow, look at me. It is like I am at a bar or something
please don't take it like that. I am just curious as to what people like to talk about here, and since you stepped up to the plate, that means you.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Hi MA
welcome to ATS .. im sure you will be a great debater .. looking forward to your threads and posts

your first chalenge !!
can you find holes in that

The Age of Enlightment has started !!

Flag for your nice intro

edit on 10/2/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
second chalenge !!

WW3 in October ?!?!

what are the chances do you see that of happening ???

thank you

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh boy! I love challenges

I will work on it right away. I have a lot of reading to do.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome and the flag

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Don't worry I didn't take it that way, but I will offer you this since you asked, I have a thread going for people to offer their best of the best (current or past) threads that would like to see revived, also to post any favorites.

You can see my top 3 here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope to see you there

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I am curious Bushido, is disingenuous a term that people have used to describe you also in the past?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

No, actually, I have gotten into trouble for my candor and honesty. Why do you ask?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

So would you say that you are a master debater and a cunning linguist?
People who polarize trivial issues in order either force others to take their side, who otherwise wouldn't, seem to make the best politicians, since they can accuse anyone who disagrees with them as being the enemy. Too many people have caught to that trick and use it quite a bit. It's nice to see there are at least some sane people in the world...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lovemaster9000

I wouldn't say that I am a master debater, because I know for a fact that there are people better than me here on ATS at debating, but I do consider my rhetoric to be more advanced than most that I will see here.

And I would never be a politician. No amount of money would interest me in being a public figurehead. I would like to be a Police Officer or a Firefighter, to be honest. I can use my skills to defuse situations as a "cop" and prove people wrong on here that say all law enforcement join just to fire a weapon.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
reply to post by Lovemaster9000

I wouldn't say that I am a master debater, because I know for a fact that there are people better than me here on ATS at debating, but I do consider my rhetoric to be more advanced than most that I will see here.

And I would never be a politician. No amount of money would interest me in being a public figurehead. I would like to be a Police Officer or a Firefighter, to be honest. I can use my skills to defuse situations as a "cop" and prove people wrong on here that say all law enforcement join just to fire a weapon.

the best way to debate on ATS
is with GOOD and LOGICAL thoughs
respect is the basis of a professional debate

you seem very mature and open minded
im sure you will be fine

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
if your looking for notoriety I would point you to the general direction of any Pro-Life/ Pro-Choice threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

As much as that would be a good debate, I fear it would get too personal too fast. I avoid topics like that if I can help, along with religion.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

I am curious Bushido, is disingenuous a term that people have used to describe you also in the past?

Now that wasn't too nice a welcome, there! Especially seeing as he made a nice post. You called him two names, Bushido and disingenuous. I could have sworn that was against the T&C? Manners and decorum? Civility? What gives?
And a mod no less... :shk:

Modern Americana, don't mind these intimidating mods...
You will be a welcome addition here. See you on the boards, and nice first post!

edit on Sat Oct 2nd 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oh, I wont let this intimidating mod get in the way

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

That's actually exactly what I was referring to, but not in so many words. Logic and reason take a backseat to religious enthusiasm and kneejerk reactions in those types of debates.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Hahaha! Busted.

That is all I have to add.

Oh, one more thing... How come my introduction thread didn't get this much attention? That's pretty lame.

edit on 10/2/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: I wanted to add my complaint.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Busted? I was unaware anything was going on that beckoned a busting.

Oh, and mine got attention because I am so witty and charming

edit on 2-10-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You do realize he called you Bushido, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join