It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's King Blasts Obama Statement That Fox Is "Destructive" & MSNBC Is "Invaluable"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Funny little video from CNN. Featuring Glenn Beck, Hannity, and Olbermann.

edit on 1-10-2010 by ljtg123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

This President is so thin-skinned and unpresidential. Its a national embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by ljtg123

This President is so thin-skinned and unpresidential. Its a national embarrassment.

That goes for every politician in office. Especially the republicans.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more, even though im not a US citizen.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
thin skinned is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!

yeah we do have that thing called freedom of speech eh dont like deal mr president i do use that term loosely.

great find op

edit on 1-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Really? Because those that hold a "D" behind their name have been exemplary? Toss the partisan division. Both sides have fooled the American people. They, meaning both democrats and republicans, learned long ago that a poet of Roman nature was not only being poetic, but quite prophetic when he claimed that "The mob follows Fortuna and cares for nothing but bread and circuses."

All are to blame. Our politicians, whom are no longer Statesmen. Our general populace, whom has abdicated their duties to be self-governing. All of them. Me, you, etc.

But hey, Jersey Shore or American Idol or some other asinine programming is on tonight.

ETA: I singled your statement out because of your word usage. Which, most people have taken for granted is still a powerful indicator of tone and overall context. Your usage of 'especially' implies that the majority of the problems lie with the subject of your sentence. Whereas your sentence is in direct conflict with the object of your sentence, which is 'all politicians are responsible'....then you continue to make an explicit point that we should look to the Republican side of the house for the ails we are in. Equal blame cannot be spread upon a single side of toast.

edit on 2-10-2010 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

And other presidents weren't?

Though I doubt any of them lose sleep over what some pundit says.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Obama will be a 1 term president. just like Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush. So he might as well come to terms with that!

Obama keeps blaming the republicans for everything, But fails to remember His party has been in control of congress for over the last 3 1/2 years. He has been in the white house for over 1 1/2 years. Its his ideas policies and actions lies and failed promises and the democrats out of control spending that are hurting him Not Fox news or the republicans, plain and simple. Lets be honest here, the people that watch Fox news didn't vote for Obama in 2008 and they won't vote for him in 2012! Obama needs to grow up take responsibility for his actions and quit being such a damn embarrassment to the Office of President of the United States.

Obama has been the worst president in the history of the U.S. hell even Jimmy Carter was Better than Obama is. And Carter wasn't that great of a president!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell smoke in the auditorium
Why is everyone picking on me...................
Charlie Brown is such a clown....................

edit on 2-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by ljtg123

So I'm guessing you could do better?

Not an Obama defense but rather a sarcastic question.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ronnnnn paul 2012

anyone? anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Did the president really say these things, or like King mentioned, was it his press guy?

Is there a direct quote to Obama actually uttering these words?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Beware when single words are placed in quotes!

On Fox News: “The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition — it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It’s a point of view that I disagree with. It’s a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world.”

Source

Then Burton praised MSNBC:

"And if you're on the left, if you're somebody like Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow or one of the folks who helps to keep our government honest and pushes and prods to make sure that folks are true to progressive values," Burton continued, "then he thinks that those folks provide an invaluable service. But at the same time, we need to focus our energy and our efforts on the choice that Americans have this fall."

Source

Burton is the White House Deputy Press Secretary.

edit on 10/2/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

Because we have to judge him before his term is up.

Elections are before the term is up, so we can't possibly wait until then to judge him, it would be to late to vote. But what do I know, I'm a retard, right?

On topic.

We have about a month left before the elections, this type of thing is going to get dumber and dumber on both sides. Then we have 2 years until the Presidential election and its anything like the last one, we will have 15 months or so of more campaigning.

You guys might as well buckle in for the long haul. We have 2 years before we get our 1 year break.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

You fail to understand that it is the duty of the free press and the free people to constantly hold our elected officials to scrutiny. It is this responsibility that many have neglected to uphold and the overall mess we are in is the product of such apathy towards self-governance.

No matter who is seated in the White House, halls of Congress, your state Senate or your local Mayor's office, they, being representative of you, are accountable to you.

So no I will not reserve judgment, criticism, or praise until the term of the President is finished.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Really? Because those that hold a "D" behind their name have been exemplary

Warning: reading comprehension fail.

I said ALL politicians. I never said the democrats were glorious and innocent. So you're either really lacking in the comprehension department, or you're just trying to put words in my mouth.

Either way....try again.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Thats cute...with a warning and everything.

Let us go over what I said and what you said. I was focusing upon your 'especially the republican' remark. My focus was that you made a point to lead the reader to see your word 'every' (you never said 'all', but that is just semantics) and equate it to republicans specifically.

So that doesn't seem like any type of comprehension. Rather, understanding how to lead a conversation.

new topics

top topics

join