It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P 500 Put Options - False Flag event to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Most of us know about the Put options that occured before 9/11.
Now we have the same thing going on this months.

Could be the warning signs of a new 9/11 style false flag.

Thoughts?

edit on 1-10-2010 by SWCCFAN because: To delete comma.... I think

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Great find! When there is a "sudden" trend in the market, I don't consider it a coincidence anymore...only foreknowledge. (9/11, BP)

Star and Flag for your vigilance!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Good post indeed, thanks but quite possibly the worst sounding presentation I've ever heard. I'd like to hear from some of ATS' seasoned economics folks for their $0.02 ?

brill

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Agreed thats why I have posted.
I would like to hear what the experts think.

Also I would like Confirmation on the dates in October.

I have heard the 18th has the most but this is not my cup of tea.

If anyone trades Options please clue us in!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The "put options" nonsense, as relates to pre-9/11, is....well, nonsense. It only persists among conspiracy theory sites, and spreads amongst those who just READ and believe what those sites write, rather than actually researching for themselves.

The ones who lap it up so readily, without checking? Well, guess it's because they'll believe anything, as long as it's in line with their preconceived BIASES.

A bit of searching found this:

On the days leading up to 9/11, two airlines saw a rise in their put to call ratio. These two airlines were United Airlines and American Airlines, the two airlines whose planes were hijacked on 9/11. Between 6 and 7 September, the Chicago Board Options Exchange saw purchases of 4,744 "put" option contracts in UAL versus 396 call options. On 10 September, more trading in Chicago saw the purchase of 4,516 put options in American Airlines, the other airline involved in the hijackings. This compares with a mere 748 call options in American purchased that day. No other airline companies saw anomalies in their put to call ratio in the days leading up to the attacks. American Airlines however, had just released a major warning about possible losses.

Insurance companies saw anomalous trading activities as well. Citigroup Inc., which has estimated that its Travelers Insurance unit may pay $500 million in claims from the World Trade Center attack, had about 45 times the normal volume during three trading days before the attack for options that profit if the stock falls below $40. Citigroup shares fell $1.25 in late trading to $38.09. Morgan Stanley, which occupied 22 floors at the World Trade Center, experienced bigger-than-normal pre-attack trading of options that profit when stock prices fall. Other companies that were directly affected by the tragedy had similar jumps.

Raytheon, a defense contractor, had an anomalously high number of call options trading on September 10. A Raytheon option that makes money if shares are more than $25 each had 232 options contracts traded on the day before the attacks, almost six times the total number of trades that had occurred before that day.

The initial options were bought through at least two brokerage firms, including NFS, a subsidiary of Fidelity Investments, and TD Waterhouse. It was estimated that the trader or traders would have realized a five million dollar profit. The Securities and Exchange Commission launched an insider trading investigation in which Osama Bin Laden was a suspect after receiving information from at least one Wall Street Firm.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've seen other examinations of the history, as well.

I would venture to say that if I were of a mindset to perpetuate such attacks, and had planned and prepared well in advance, AND had the financial acumen to predict the outcomes, and possibly profit from it (IF I were someone like OBL) then....well, sure looks like someone had some sort of advance knowledge. Like OBL!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That is fantastic info ....

So whom is behind these put options?

How can we find out?

If something were to happen this month could this be a smoking gun?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

With all due respect, what you posted after your "research" still shows shady market games to me. Also, you mention these infos only show up on "conspiracy" sites. Hmmmm..this would be the right place, right web site for such topics of conversation.... I don't think we are going way out on a limb here with such statements.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seti_starr

With all due respect, what you posted after your "research" still shows shady market games to me. Also, you mention these infos only show up on "conspiracy" sites. Hmmmm..this would be the right place, right web site for such topics of conversation.... I don't think we are going way out on a limb here with such statements.

Just my humble opinion.

He knows it's shady... That's why he's trying to pin everything on OBL. What he fails to mention is the tie between the Bush family and the BL's. Weedwhacker is an adept at showing his hand... All you have to do is avoid the distraction.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I thought put options were made against certain companies. This guy makes it sound like someone is betting against the entire S&P index dropping big. Is that possible?

Flagged it as I think this could be important. We still haven't got our October surprise yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Something is definately in the making if you look at all big events since 9/11-Bp oil spill, you will see huge (put options)
its going to be a interesting month, thanks op for the video>

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yes it is possible to the trade the index as well as any company stock listed in S&P.
If fact it is preferable so you are widely diversified in an index.

top topics

join