It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Think You Would Say If God Appeared In Person To Confront You Over Some Sin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

no problem!

i might have misunderstood myself.

cheers and bless you!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
whatever sin i committed is nothing compared to the sins of the higher tier religious members.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, how can I make it right? Its the same thing I say when people point out my shortcomings.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well the way i see it God is giving us a certain kind of test. He created us, and the things around us. just as the ol book says, ya know? Now the test is kinda like putting a mouse in a maze, but think of it as an educated mouse with an educated guess on everything it can logically do. is it going to go for the exit, as it is expected to, or will it go for the cheese and utterly trap itself due to greed. He gave us the rules, but do we choose to follow them? and as a point to this he will not mess with free will. as it was put in Bruce Almighty " Can i ask why? Of course you can! Thats the whole point!

Now for what i would say. well it would be along the lines of im soooo sorry please forgive me dont smite me or turn me into a squirrel!!! im soooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
I'm sorry, how can I make it right? Its the same thing I say when people point out my shortcomings.

This humility, a rare and beautiful thing. Compliments and a lovely little star.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
My question would be: "Why do I have to answer to God for anything?" If there is a mythical being known as God, I would hope "it" has better things to do than talk to me. I know I have better things to do than answer God's questions. If it is all powerful and all knowing, it doesn't need to ask me anything. As for sin, its a matter of perspective. Society, not God, set the standard for what is and is not sin.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I dont think i would have to say anything..

Second

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As for the whole " Why would he ask me if he's all knowing..." well I see it kind of like this: When your a little kid and you accidentally break the window. Your dad already knows you did it, buuuut he's going to ask you anyways if you did it or not. Depending on the type of kid you are, you will lie or tell the truth. If you lie and say you didnt do it, well your punishment is more so along with the disappointment that follows. If you tell the truth he will forgive you verbally and likely not even punish you.

My two cents

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If i met the big fella himself and my head didnt explode it would be something like this ....
ohh its you, where the fek ye been ?
i asked you to help me out when i was weak and missed the mark ( sinned )
i asked you to help my bro's and sisters in humanity who are lost and clambering in a perpetuated darkness and spiritual,sociological filth causing them to do some very despicable things to each other, and don't give me the free will crap cause my kids don't have the free will to be bully's in their playground nor to be disrespectful or hurtful to their fellow human beings and you are supposedly our Father.
I'd look at the world we were in and know that we feked up big time so far as responsibility for our actions were concerned and the state of all things but hey we hardly were off to a fair start, we were poorly designed mix of animal instincts and a heavenly soul both seemingly diametrically opposed in terms of needs and wishes with no clear guidelines to help and advise i mean come on when my kids ask for help i help em not ignore them and get pissy when they bugger up because they don't know whether they are on their arse or elbow and the rules of life are very unclear.
Now sir G-d are we understanding each other or ye gonna throw your toys out of the pram and send me to hell or are we gonna talk and see if we can fix our relationship and those of my brothers and sisters with you and start all over with a clear idea what it is we need to do to grow mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Id ask him if I could get a lawyer to defend me?

Then when God says you must pay for your sins, I would be like "how much does it cost? because the banks stole all my money and I only got 10 bucks on me and it's in Canadian dollars."

Then I would be like "I was created in the image of you so you can't say you wouldn't of done the same thing"

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

(Second line is Full of Shatnerian Relevance)

-Edrick

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I would reply "i must be going to hell now,gods proven himself and im still a sinner."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join