It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Hagar says women suffering from PMS should pray and read the Bible for relief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Not sure where this should go. Please fill free to move it.

Hager Appointment to the FDA

President Bush has announced his plan to select Dr. W. David Hager to head up the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. The committee has not met for more than two years, during which time its charter lapsed. As a result, the Bush Administration is tasked with filling all eleven positions with new members. This position does not require Congressional approval.

The FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee makes crucial decisions on matters relating to drugs used in the practice of obstetrics, gynecology and related specialties, including hormone therapy, contraception, treatment for infertility, and medical alternatives to surgical procedures for sterilization and pregnancy

termination.

Dr. Hager's views of reproductive health care are far outside the mainstream for reproductive technology. Dr. Hager is a practicing OB/GYN who describes himself as "pro-life" and refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women. Hager is the author of "As Jesus Cared for Women: Restoring omen Then and Now." The book blends biblical accounts of Christ healing women with case studies from

Hager's practice.

In the book Dr. Hager wrote with his wife, entitled "Stress and the Woman's Body," he suggests that women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome should seek help from reading the bible and praying. As an editor and contributing author of "The Reproduction Revolution: A Christian Appraisal of Sexuality Reproductive Technologies and the Family," Dr. Hager appears to have endorsed the medically inaccurate assertion that the common birth control pill is an abortifacient.

www.cockring.org...

You have got to be kidding me! Not everyone is Christian. Telling women that they have or need to read the Bible for PMS is taking peoples rights away not only for medication but also for freedom of religion. We do live in America right?

Can someone tell me if it is ok to post a link to the Petition site for this. If not just google, the petition site.com. Its in Newest Petitions, June 21. If anyones interested.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am not even going to open my mouth about this one because I would rant incoherantly, but just know that I am fuming in scilence.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I guess I will rant inchohernetly. Having suffered from PMS for many years, I've done my share of praying. However, I have found that there are many other medical approaches to the problem of PMS. GEEZ, it's a medical problem., not a moral or religious problem! These fundamentalists have gone way too far. And, this new head sounds like a real flake. We're entrusting our nation's healthcare to someone who thinks like this??????? Should I pray that my hot flashes go away? How about my high blood pressure? Hey, I'm all for prayer, but I sincerely belive that prayer must be used with the other medical tools that God gave us.
What a Victorian, close-minded, non-medical approach to PMS. Are atheists and agnostics supposed to just "put up with PMS" since they might not pray.
Maybe, when we have PMS we should have the "demons cast out?" I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic. GEEZZZZZZ.

joey

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow, joey. Im hoping your a girl.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not a good idea.

Seeing how the mysegynist perverted bible would set off a fit of PMS.

The idea of the Christian god and his legions of lackeys on earth is enough to set of PMS. hell, i bet PMS never existed before the woman hating christians took over the planet.

This idiot better watch out before some woman, after beign told to pray for her pms, buries a hatchet in his skull for relief!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I pray when my wife has PMS..........

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Large heavy books are dangerous weapons to be kept out of the hands of women with PMS!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What in the world is going on, does the president pray when his wife has pms or when she has (b)ms.

What happened to (baby we come a long way) phrase. Are we women going ahead or are we falling again behind with this administration.

This president suppose to be a clean-living, sober church-goer, actually was arrested of illegal drug use as an adult (he will only say he's been drug-free since the age of 28) and now has the face to tell women to pray?

Women we should gather our panties and mail them to him so he and this a- hole Hager can pray for us. Because women votes are going to make him loose the election.

earthmagick12,

I was going to point out his qualities but you did a good job with your post, thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Do you think the women above getting angry are in the middle of PMS?

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!

Just heard a new quote...

"Women are a lot like sheep because the function better in a group"

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Netchicken,

Don't you tease a hot Puertorrican that is also with PMS.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I must sya, this is about the most asinine thing I have EVER read. I have done a lot of reding on women's health, esp. in perimenopause and menopause. The medical profession is ALREADy about 50 years behind the times
, this will put them back another 100 years.

Establishment medicine and drug companies have NO CLUE how to deal with women's health issues. On top of the fact that we ingest hormones in our food and water. It's really a shame. I could go on and on with this....but, in short PMS is caused when your hormones are not balanced. There is no goo dreason to have to suffer with it. It's just a matter of finding a non-traditional practioner to balance you out.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe,

You don't have to tell me, I always have to find a second opinion when it comes to doctors, I have better treatment with younger doctors than the older ones, these ones seem not to take me very seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
Just heard a new quote...
"Women are a lot like sheep because the function better in a group"
[edit on 24-6-2004 by Netchicken]

First let me preface by saying - I hope you are forced to pass a kidney stone in the very near future.

Secondly, with regard to this "doctor" I have to say OMG. What is Bush thinking (hehe) when he appoints men like this? This is probably the same kind of religious nut job that thinks women shouldn't be given drugs during delivery since women were meant to bear children in pain as punishment for Eve's transgression.

What's next from the religious right - female genital mutiliation. I can see his quote "Women may be experiencing pleasure from sex, we just can't have that".

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow. First Bush uses a loophole to get a blatant racist in as a judge without approval, now he gets a faith healer in as a medical leader? Next Job Position. Demon Removal Agency. "If you don't believe in Bush's god, we'll make what Bush ordered in Iraqi prisons look like kindergarden!"

Bush will lose. Bush will lose. Bush will lose. Bush will lose. Bush will lose. Bush will lose. , If I pray hard enough it may just come true, right Doctor?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
When my wife has PMS I make sure we have plenty of chocolate in the house and just stay the hell away from her she is one moody -B- during that time. I'm the one who needs prayer not her.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For the record, I, Joey, am female. Guess I should change my nick to msjoey.
Anyway, I agree that older docs treat you with the most archane treatments..if you are a one.
Regarding "womens'" problems, they STILL think it is all in our heads and would probably agree that a few prayers and a little Bible reading is the cure.
And, the hormone topic, is one I've dealt with as well. For years, they pumped menopausal women full of hormones w/o knowing the full implications. Luckily, I had a young, female, doctor who said "NO NO NO" to estrogen.
Sheesh, our whole government is being taken over by fundamentalist nuts! I imagine the "cure" for PMS , under the Taliban, was a heavy dose of prayer, Koran reading, and "staying away from the world because you are "unclean".

Hormones still raging,
Joey

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

TextRegarding "womens'" problems, they STILL think it is all in our heads and would probably agree that a few prayers and a little Bible reading is the cure.

Your are right on the dot, for years women has been misdiagnose, mistreated and misused, but occurs that something we have to pay for it, because we happened to be blame for the down fall of men, so leave men to fix women issues after all we sinful women made the stupidity of eating the apple in the garden of Eden. Right?

So whenever my husband complain about my women issues I tell him that they are caused by him

In 1921 we women were depicted by Senator James Wadsworth, his ally, Governor Nathan Miller to be "a menace to our free institutions and to representative government."

From 1920 until 1968, little attention was paid to women voters by candidates, political parties, or even political scientists.

From 1960s to early 80s we women though we gain some grounds about our rights to be, put aside by Reagan calling telling us that we womens should have to deal we our women's issues.

For the last twenty years we have struggle to keep the littler rights we have, and still we are under pay and more than often discriminated.

www.bpwmn.org...

What politicians forget is that women votes are very important but their campaigns only call appeals to the male counterpart.

www.now.org...

It is a shame that in this country that preaches freedom and equality for women in other countries are still putting down women here in our own soil.

If Christian women have to read the bible for medication of PMS, I wonder what women from the muslin, Buddhism and other religions will have to read to get theirs

[edit on 25-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you would like Bush and his cronies to know what you think you can sign the Petition. Let them have it too, you don't have to hold back!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
lmao...so this is what this country has to look forward to with our wonderful president... unbelievable!!!

while all the bible reading women and bush followers can pray for relief, myself, atheists and others from various faiths will continue to rely on tylenol, motrin and pamprin for relief.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ARGH!

Oh.My.God.

Those of you on LiveJournal or other blogging sites might like to start a nice rant about this -- see if we can get the meme spread through LJ and other similar sites. I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of Christian women who would be delighted to explain to him with a weedwhacker that praying and reading the Bible really doesn't cure PMS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join