It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Hagar says women suffering from PMS should pray and read the Bible for relief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The idea of the Christian god and his legions of lackeys on earth is enough to set of PMS. hell, i bet PMS never existed before the woman hating christians took over the planet.

Actually, PMS is pretty much only in technologically advanced societies.
Some of it has to do with the hormone-laced food we eat. The high-stress lives we lead. And the chemicals we ingest.
The is far less PMS and less sever menoapsual symptoms in third world countries. Also, menopause there is not so much treated as a disease, but a natural phase.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey
For the record, I, Joey, am female. Guess I should change my nick to msjoey.
Anyway, I agree that older docs treat you with the most archane treatments..if you are a one.
Regarding "womens'" problems, they STILL think it is all in our heads and would probably agree that a few prayers and a little Bible reading is the cure.
And, the hormone topic, is one I've dealt with as well. For years, they pumped menopausal women full of hormones w/o knowing the full implications. Luckily, I had a young, female, doctor who said "NO NO NO" to estrogen.

Yeah, so I got a young gyn, and I thought he and I were on the same page. He talks me into a low dose hrt (one of the new ones) and I start to lose my hair. On my last visit to him, he says the hormones in no way caused the loss. I guess he never read the drugs side effects

I trust no doctors ---even the young ones. They all go to the same schools and are guilty til proven trustworthy

I did my OWN research and found a young D.O. gyn who pretty much told me she would go along with MY decisions. I found treatments that I thought were good for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
On the basis of this thread, there should be a law making it illegal to have a woman as a president.

Otherwise once a month the military would be wound up to nuke a harmless little nation, who put a foot wrong in the fateful week.

So Equador wants to fight us for the banana trade!!! Nuke 'em!!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
On the basis of this thread, there should be a law making it illegal to have a woman as a president.

Otherwise once a month the military would be wound up to nuke a harmless little nation, who put a foot wrong in the fateful week.

So Equador wants to fight us for the banana trade!!! Nuke 'em!!

And that would be different from now? How? Oh, I see, either wrong side of the world or 25 years history.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It is hard to believe that the so call bush for women president dares to make fun of us. He has done nothing to help women win equality in the business world.

There are 31 women living today who are now or have been the president or prime minister of their countries. None of them is American, of course. (Women in this country are still not allowed to be elected). And I bet that the male counterparts do not tell these women to go and fix their women Issues praying with their bible.

The two big political parties are the ones that do not give women a chance, yes we have women
That are allowed to be senator, representative, congresswomen and other but there is a limit. We as the most modern country of the world are behind, because of our women issues.

Religious organizations are the women of this country biggest enemy. They are not only against women but also lesbian and gay.

The promise keepers group a men religious organization is allowed to go around this country campaigning against women, telling man to take back their rightful positions and bring back women to the kitchen. Because they to use a much-quoted biblical passage: "Wives submit to your husbands, as to the Lord." In addition to condemning gender equity and reproductive rights, leaders of the Promise Keepers denounce homosexuality.

All this religious groups and organizations are view as good by our president.

Incredible.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Marg, will you accept my apology, on behalf of my gender? It is ridiculous. And this type of policy is inane.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Netchicken,

Its a pity, that we can argue about almost anything in ATS, but when it comes to women issues, men around tend to be a littler bit to uncomfortable, and that is fine but women has the same right to talk about our problems about been women as much as men without the double jokes

And for women nuking the world every month, I mean not offense to the male counterpart, but testosterone riddle men are more dangerous than progesterone riddle women, at least our is a dose ones a month men have 365 days of the year.

And men are treated for it just like women, because it can become very deadly.

And by the way pharmaceuticals make more money keeping women hook on hormones because we become a long term milking cows so as long as we stay on hormones they make their profits.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
For those who think a petition will change things... unfortunately, this administration is convinced it has God on its side. It is Right, in all ways it's possible to be Right. So we liberals are just disbelievers who will go to Hell.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
wait....the Bible....cures...PMS?

The Bible was written by men who think of women as slaves..and this is supposed to make us feel better as we are bleding out of our butts?

Sorry fellers, I prefer Midol!

(sorry for the graphic comment about butts...ill refrain)

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And for women nuking the world every month, I mean not offense to the male counterpart, but testosterone riddle men are more dangerous than progesterone riddle women, at least our is a dose ones a month men have 365 days of the year.

Actually there's la lot of truth in that. The main difference between male and female hormone activity seems to be that women's hormones are more "cyclical" and men's hormones are more "event" triggered. Examples might be having a bad day at work, watching our team win a football game, or seeing our gf bend over to put something in a low cupboard...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Examples might be having a bad day at work, watching our team win a football game, or seeing our gf bend over to put something in a low cupboard...

that is a good sexample, I mean example.

But seriously, aggression in men is more explosive than is women, we are more emotionally, but we stopped and think, while males do not stop to think most of the time turning violent

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And by the way pharmaceuticals make more money keeping women hook on hormones because we become a long term milking cows so as long as we stay on hormones they make their profits.

You are forgetting the hormones we eat and drink every day. There are xeno-estrogens in our food, dairy and sometimes water.
So unless you are a strict organic person, you get hormones even if you don't take a pill.
Men get em too.
Chirldren, for whom the side effects can be worse, get em.

This goes FAR BEYOND a political appointee of a republican. Its Merc, Pfizer, the AMA and meat and dairy lobbyists.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You are forgetting the hormones we eat and drink every day. There are xeno-estrogens in our food, dairy and sometimes water.

The widespread use of herbicides, pesticides and plastics have created a problem that has never before existed on this planet. We are polluting our environment and ourselves in a sea of estrogen-like mimics. They are everywhere: in the air, water, soil, and over abundantly in our bodies. Called xeno-estrogens, these are substances which have a powerful estrogenic effect on the body, are fat-soluble and non-biodegradable. They are also dangerously toxic.

We presently live in a world awash with petrochemicals. Petrochemicals are everywhere. Our machines run on petrochemicals, and millions of products including plastics, microchips, medicines, clothing, foods, soaps, pesticides and even perfumes are either made from petrochemicals or contain them. The popular slogan in the early 1950s, "Better Living Through Chemistry", is returning to haunt us.

The legacy of this pollution has resulted in an epidemic of reproductive abnormalities, including the steadily increasing number of cancers of the reproductive tract, infertility, low sperm- counts, poor sperm-quality and the feminisation of males. The potential consequences of this overexposure are staggering, especially considering that one of the consequences is the passing on of reproductive abnormalities to offspring. (7)

This is the link to that report.

www.all-natural.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
After reading the posts on this thread I can honestly say that people will not be satisfied until we are ruled by machines.

All humans have beliefs, Hagar is no exception. Could we please stop the comparisons of the Taliban and Christian fundamentalists. There is no common ground. For most of it's history the U.S was a fundamentalist society, and it was nowhere near the Talibans levels.

Nowhere in the article is anyone stating that Hagar, or the U.S. gov. is going to ban all PMS medications. It simply states that the Bible, and prayer can't hurt.
So please, stop the overeacting. It's certainly not doing the stereotype of "that time of the month" any justice.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Last Patriot,

That is not true, please take your time and read the post and check the links is more than that.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am very new to this site and this is the first message i have replied to- all through history of medicine anywhere, religion has hinderd medicine somewhere- all these supernatural beliefs like the bible will help you through pmt is not good and really is going back to middle ages theories- for example during the 1665 plague that hit London people would punish themselfs by whipping themselfs in belief that God only gave people who had sinned the plague, when infact the plague was down to a number of things including the state of London during those times- but anyway i think it is up to people what to believe but personally i wouldnt believe any of it!!!!!! sorry for going on about nothing much

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
misspickle,

Your comments are welcome, and this brings the subject of how religion and science are always clashing, and to add to It women like science has fall a victim of it also.

As many as nine million women are estimated to have died in the witch-hunts between the 14th and 17th centuries.

�How many times,� the woman pleaded, �How many times must I forgive my husband for breaking my bones and battering my body? The priest, the church, the Bible - they all tell me I have to forgive 70 times seven. My friends tell me I�m stupid for going back to him. What does it mean wives submit to your husbands?

Now see...............how bible discriminate against women. This are only two examples of hundred, thousand and even millions of same examples.

www.newint.org...

How religion oppreses women

www.iheu.org...

[edit on 26-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Throughout history men have shown great weaknesses- Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormons said that a few selected mormon men were allowed more than one wife. Women have always been primary carers in the home but were banned for a long time during middle-ages and even more restrictions in the rennaisance ( not sure if spelt right!!)-men have always been scared that women will over power- lets face it a world without women would be a bad one. Dont get me wrong i am not a femanist but i do agree that women have had it hard.
When i was studying for my R.E gsce( although i am not religious i had no choice) i was revising the Muslim/Islamic faith and i came across something that really made me laugh- at one time polygamy was allowed in th faith but only because there was more men than women so they decided that a man could have more that one wife-so that all the women at the time would be cared for. I have never heard of a woman with more than one husband!!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Patriot
So please, stop the overeacting. It's certainly not doing the stereotype of "that time of the month" any justice.

And remarks like that are just to kind of thing men think they can get away with saying when women have opinions. What nerve you have. It blows my mind that allegedly intelligent creatures can belittle women by saying we are at the mercy of our hormones like that.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
I am very new to this site and this is the first message i have replied to- all through history of medicine anywhere, religion has hinderd medicine somewhere- all these supernatural beliefs like the bible will help you through pmt is not good and really is going back to middle ages theories

Also, witches wer burned at the stake for the knowledge they had that went against religion.

BTW, welcome to ATS !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join