It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
What is the average percentage of co2 in our atmosphere today?

What is the so called dangerous level?

What is the increase between the two?

In the past co2 continues to increase AFTER the cooling cycle starts. It then falls after a period. The same happens with warming. The climate warms and the co2 continues to fall for a peroid then rises. The co2 levels follow the temparature cycle.

Why is this?

In April 2010 it was 391 ppm. They say coral reefs need below 350 ppm to sustain themselves long term.

The history of life on our planet is interesting. You see first it was anaerobic, meaning that no oxygen existed in the atmosphere. It was prolific with aquatic plant life, and these plants created oxygen that killed nearly everything in what is known as the massive extinction. Only the organisms that operate aerobically or those that had an anaerobic environment survived. This oxygenated atmosphere gave way to our larger life forms that needed to burn the oxygen in lungs because of their faster metabolism. Life destroyed itself and gave way to more advanced life.

The rate of CO2 absorption is effected by the weathering of the surface of the Earth and the rock reacting to the gas and the absorption by the oceans. Temperature doesn’t necessarily directly affect CO2 but CO2 will effect temperature as proven by the green house effect.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

This add is one of the funniest I have seen in a long long time....

I totally believe in the message and almost agree in the method used with those who didn't join in

This one was totally priceless, better than the John West "Bear fighting", comercial.

I also don't see a problem with the add, given some of the other stuff you see on TV these days it was pretty tame.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Nickodemus

I am telling you to stop accepting fact that the entire solar system is going up in temperature at a rapid rate. Do not be crass or foolish with me. We all know that other bodies are not affected by what takes place on earth. However, all the bodies (including earth) are affected by the sun, which seems to be more evident than what man is doing.

You can talk about blissful ignorance all you wish but when you ignorantly jump on short term science you are handing over your freedom.

Raist

You have to do better than that. I already addressed this, let’s not get circular. I’m the one with the pseudo science but you won’t accept a man made contribution.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the information.

Carbon dioxide as a gas at standard temperature and pressure, exists in Earth's atmosphere comprising 0.039% of the total atmosphere.

So co2 is approx 4/100ths of the atmosphere?

Hang on... I just increased the co2 level by one 1/1000th in that approximation. Is that about 2.5% of the total co2? So I can't do that.

So an increase in co2 of an order of just a few one thousandths of a percent the total atmosphere could lead us to oblivion. This when in the past we have had MUCH higher co2 and temps and they have cycled many times. Also that in the past co2 levels do indeed trail behind temps in an identical pattern?

edit on 2-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickodemus

You have to do better than that. I already addressed this, let’s not get circular. I’m the one with the pseudo science but you won’t accept a man made contribution.

When did I say mankind has not contributed?

I guess saying that mankind is not fully responsible says that in some strange eco language?

Not once have I seen you acknowledge why the solar system is heating up at or close to the same rate as earth.

Raist

edit on 10/2/10 by Raist because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/10 by Raist because: Misunderstood line.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I know I'm a warped person, but this is so Monty Python to me! I loved it! Polite, simple, educational, and final. Can't get more direct than that, can you? I know that there's a stink about it, so what? The concept of cutting down on energy use isn't hard to grasp. Heck, it isn't that hard to change a light bulb, or walk a bit more. Its not like this change will forever damage your way way of life! It will make you a more responsible human and a better steward to a planet long treated like a waste basket. No change will be instantly gratifying, unfortunately, but if we change just a little here and there, the accumulation will be beneficial for everyone. Now, where can I get one of those handy dandy little black boxes, humm?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Its not so much about the absolute CO2 content than about the RATE of increase. From 280 to 390 ppm in just 150 years, with no end in sight.

So an increase in co2 of an order of just a few one thousandths of a percent the total atmosphere could lead us to oblivion. This when in the past we have had MUCH higher co2 and temps and they have cycled many times. Also that in the past co2 levels do indeed trail behind temps in an identical pattern.?

Yes, thats how greenhouse effect works. Absolute content of increased CO2 in % of volume may seem little, but its effect is not.

Regarding the CO2 "lagging":
When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth’s orbit. The warming causes the oceans to give up CO2. The CO2 amplifies the warming and mixes through the atmosphere, spreading warming throughout the planet. So CO2 causes warming AND rising temperature causes CO2 rise.
www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Is a matter of scale to hard to comprehend. Yes there was different levels in the past and it supported totally different life as we know it. Usually prefaced by an extinction!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

So then if someone else has an agenda you do not agree with you should be exploded as well?

Sounds like a nice psycho world to live in. Someone does not agree kill them, makes perfect sense to me.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by felonius

The environmental impact of properly disposed of CFL bulbs is negligible compared to impact of inneficiency of classic bulbs.

Absence of emvironmental protection laws in China is largely a political problem. That doesnt mean solar panels cannot be made environmentally friendly. I for one would be all for internationally outlawing importing of goods from countries which do not respect the environment and human rights during manufacturing process (that includes China). But I agree that there are better ways to generate electricity, like nuclear energy.

With modern batteries? Not so much. Environmental impact from manufacturing and running modern electric vehicle is far lower than from using gas powered cars (assuming the electricity is produced from green sources).

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maslo because: add

CFL's not being a problem with disposal? Really? How many people are going to toodle to the local recycler (if there is one near) to get rid of a couple of bulbs. Aint gonna happen. Human nature.

China and the lack of EPA standards? Where is this crap gonna be made? If its not done by SLAVE LABOR are you gonna be willing to pay $30 a bulb if its made "cleanly"? Your still not recycling these things. Your still dumping them.

Batteries not being an enviro issue? What will you do with the crap left? Youre still using materials that are pretty rugged on the environment. When you have the ability to make a car with 40 mpg, these batteries are still bad.

You green freaks are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So then it is about selfishness and forgetting what nature wants to do?

If mankind is doomed so be it. Maybe this is nature’s way of cleaning out the beasts that trouble it the most.

Nature will do as nature sees fit regardless of what mankind wants nature to do. We will bend to nature before it bends to us.

That still does not make it right to have an underlying threat to those who disagree with an agenda.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Not once have I seen you acknowledge why the solar system is heating up at or close to the same rate as earth.

There are three fundamental flaws in the 'other planets are warming' argument. Not all planets in the solar system are warming. The sun has shown no long term trend since 1950 and in fact has shown a slight cooling trend in recent decades. There are explanations for why other planets are warming.

Martian climate is primarily driven by dust and albedo and there is little empirical evidence that Mars is showing long term warming.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I was using sarcasm and it wasn’t clear, my bad. I'm only about solid science.

I stated that basically some of the factors affecting the other planets do affect us; however that is a red herring because we are affecting Earth in addition to those other natural factors. It’s a separate issue that doesn't afford any proof that man made activity doesn't affect our temperature and therfor lets move on.
In a similar positive thought, we are expecting more sunspots and those cool us, so this may help the global warming situation and prolong the uptick of temp.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Regarding the CO2 "lagging":
When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth’s orbit. The warming causes the oceans to give up CO2. The CO2 amplifies the warming and mixes through the atmosphere, spreading warming throughout the planet. So CO2 causes warming AND rising temperature causes CO2 rise.

When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth’s orbit. So the Sun starts the warming.

When the co2 is in the atmosphere. What starts the cooling cycle? I assume (maybe wrongly) that it is changes in the Earth’s orbit. So less Sun starts the cooling no matter what the co2 levels are. It will cool in that part of the cycle.

Where are we at the moment in the warming/cooling cycle?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You folks better be careful, I think that one has a button.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can we stop arguing about global warming and start focusing on the video itself? The fact remains that the british parliament pledged to their cause, as did many companies and what not. The fact is that any group claiming this is comedy and using it as their advertisement simply does not deserve to exist. I don't honestly care about whose right and wrong. The fact remains that they made terrorism comedy and by proxy defeated the value of the human being. It has to end. I am tired of this nonsense laughing at such matters. I truly have to ask HOW you can find that funny. The precious question of why. And you know, video games and what not are going to be brought up, but I think a fine line has to be drawn between killing a dictator or nazi in a 3d engine versus killing a dissenting child for the sake of global warming. Sure you have a right to make it also, not saying you don't. But I think I am more sick with the lack of care and the fact that some actually find it funny. i think the fact that the kid who got blown up said in behind the scenes that its ok to blow people up for the cause is more disturbing. I think you should all put more thought into these matters then arguing about global warming itself.

before its asked, sources for these claims:

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.troymedia.com...

www.nowpublic.com...

edit on 2-10-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I especially liked the last bit, when someone who was helping the 10-10 side ended up getting blown up by them. That was so funny too! Right? Right?

Just for fun...last thing she says is "Jesus" ....
*KABLOOMKSHHBPPPPP*

edit on 2-10-2010 by la vie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Disturbing and vile. And I'm an environmentally-aware European.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Propaganda from the environmental gestapo.

This reminds me of the Bush 'either you are for us or against us' mentality, where anyone who doesn't agree with the establishment is with the terrorists. As a piece of alternative comedy it works well but the context renders it not comedic but really quite chilly.

Many a true word spoken in jest.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by la vie

Originally posted by pavil
I especially liked the last bit, when someone who was helping the 10-10 side ended up getting blown up by them. That was so funny too! Right? Right?

Just for fun...last thing she says is "Jesus" ....
*KABLOOMKSHHBPPPPP*

edit on 2-10-2010 by la vie because: (no reason given)

*KABLOOMKSHHBPPPPP*

you've read a few comic books to I see

dont forget

BLAMMO! BIFFFF! OOOOOF! UMMPHF! and my favorite ZOWWWIIIEEEEEEEE!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join