It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by Nickodemus
I wish I had that button!
Funny all you hypocrites are against freedom of expression and cry like a stuck pig the instant something doesn't agree with you.
This video must not share your sense of humor.
My gut says troll, but I'm going to assume you're serious for a second here.

Now I haven't read every page of the thread, but I'm pretty sure people are complaining about the video, not freedom of expression, unless you're implying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is against freedom of expression, which is just downright idiotic.

Did you read the original post. The video was stripped off the web. That is what my comment pertained to. Nothing else.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

Your original statement seemed to imply that anyone speaking against the video was against freedom. Thus, I obtained my belief from that.

My us against them I see in you is from that post and your reply to me in that I had a rope to hang myself with. I simply stated that not all of those who were against the video were against freedom of speech. I also got that from your comment assuming that I had anything to do with or even wanted the video banned.

I am a bit hostile when I see a video that shows if I am not with the GW-Nazis I am against them and should be removed from the equation. The fight is with those who think like those in the video, if you are not one of those the fight is not with you. If you are like them and wish to shove your garbage down my throat the fight is full on.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

It looked like suicide bombers to me. It made my heart jump, and then it made me nauseated. I guess everyone's sense of humor is different, but I never thought violent imagery was funny especially where children are used as the subject.

It is because society has become desensitize to violence.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangerish
maybe I"m the fool here, but i thought that all this hokeystick graph info was faked...climategate...numbers fudged to get the desired results, damning emails? Did I miss part two of the story where the the emails were faked, or the scientists proven not to be liars? climate change or not, I will not be participating in any 10:10 events as the people who are putting it on obviously like to see children die horrible deaths, so I can't get behind a cause that they support.

If you read deeper into "climategate" and actually saw the emails you would know it was blown totally out of proportion. Science works by the scientist not agreeing on anything. To assume they would agree to have a huge conspiracy, and keep it secret among the scientific community is ridiculous but doesn’t stop those with an anti-environment agenda.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Good post.

I wonder how many would defend this video if it were about Christianity, Islam, or even 9/11.

Imagine the outrage if it had been a video portraying some Islamic men teaching the Quran and some kids did not agree and got blown up. Imagine if it had been a work place and the boss was talking about Christianity and those who opposed it were outright fired or blown up.

Nevertheless, as long as it is about GW we should all accept it or of course die.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

The only equation I’m in is on the side of quality of life. Violence is not the way.
This video is obvious humor in a monte python flavor. The subject has been polarized here in the US to where people are hypersensitive to the issue.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
edited to include...@ Rusethorcane

Ok, U want honesty. Here goes.....I am no scientist and I don't know if global warming is real or not...neither do you.Nor do you know what I care about from a simple question and comment(which were neither sarcastic or answered) However I do assume that u care about the planet and the people here. But still, I havent been presented with the evidence to convict the scientist or you. I did however see who bought the majority of the carbon credits market when the US east coast states where forced into it...GE, DUPONT and Dow. This raised a few red flags in my head, considereing the deaths that these companies have caused, and made me think that maybe it there was more to it. my question and commment from before are still unanswered. Don't assume that I don't care about the rest of the sheep just because I'm not following the shepard. He might be taking us too a greener pasture, but then again, he may be leading us off a cliff.

edit on 2-10-2010 by dangerish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's been over a year, but I did read some of the emails, and I remember that one of them said to fudge the equation to get the desired result. I hope youre not calling me an anti-environmentalist because I have questions

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You may be on the side of life. I believe I am as well.

Yet clearly, there are those who do not feel that way.

In the thread about this that was closed someone posted the following.

This makes me glad....I support their efforts to curb pollution via depopulation. It would also curb many things that afflict human societies throughout the world: starvation, disease, and war in response to diminishing natural resources.

This clearly shows a line is drawn and if you do not agree with said agenda you should be exterminated. I see the same thing in the video. Sometimes humor is dark and sometimes people pass off “humor” as an underlying threat.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

I sympathize with your perspective and feel shame that the data is not more forthright in our supposedly open country. The truth is that making the adjustments would be very expensive to business so they obscure it. They have substantial influence over public perspective.

If you look for proof of global warming it is out there in the form of:
Sea floor sediment
Ice cores
Tree rings
Coral colonies
Historical documents
Sea level rise and glacial melting

Influences are proven to be:
Plate Tectonics
Volcanic eruptions
Variations in Earth’s orbit – Eccentricity, Obliquity, and Precession
Solar variability
Sun Spots
Human activity

If you look for proof against it there is none to be found or else it wouldn’t be a scientific theory.

Those companies buy up the credits because cap-and-trade is a pay to pollute economic system and if you don’t buy up your emissions now they will cost more later.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

There are extremist and sensationalist everywhere, I wouldn’t pay them much mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Again, your interpretation of the ad is biased by your opinion on the subject. It is not about punishing disagreement. It's about punishing apathy.

Actually, I don't think it's about punishing at all - it's supposed to be metaphorical but seems to be a little too 'deep' for many on here....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangerish

It's been over a year, but I did read some of the emails, and I remember that one of them said to fudge the equation to get the desired result. I hope youre not calling me an anti-environmentalist because I have questions

The complication with computer models is you often work backwards from your known results to calibrate them so that you can then use new inputs of data for a reliable result. This process was misinterpreted by those who are looking for ANYTHING to contradict or discredit the theory of global warming. Even if a group of scientist was fudging, you wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm not suggesting you don't care for our environment, I just suggest you actively try to get your questions answered instead of dwelling in doubt as if you don’t want the answer and propagating that doubt to others.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The cause is not global warming. Either it's Planet X, pole reversal or something else. But it's not global warming. The whole thing is a cover-up for the real cause. See this commercial? It's an example of how this issue can be used to control people's lives.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

you make it sound as if only people on 'here' have a problem with it, if the video in the OP is a real and serious global warming campaign to be shown nationwide in the u.k. i can promise you the vast majority will be against it, in fact of all the people that have seen it so far most do agree it is a bad message, hence why they seemed to be trying to pull it, retract it, because of public opinion. and it was occuring before it appear here, therefore it is'nt just people 'here' who have a problem with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Dr. N

you make it sound as if only people on 'here' have a problem with it, if the video in the OP is a real and serious global warming campaign to be shown nationwide in the u.k. i can promise you the vast majority will be against it, in fact of all the people that have seen it so far most do agree it is a bad message, hence why they seemed to be trying to pull it, retract it, because of public opinion. and it was occuring before it appear here, therefore it is'nt just people 'here' who have a problem with it.

it is intentionally crass and not mainstream... not a real shocker!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well now, love to see the affects of this is a few weeks.

Clearly demented people. Don't matter if its in video games. Video games are not real and there is a clear line between them and reality. This is legit people with computer effects exploding for a supposed movement to better people, not to mention the fact that it speaks volumes to being "free" in thought.

Let them burn as a result by the people's actions. Enjoy watching your movement fail at life.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

No flies to pull the wings off?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

what don't you understand? you seem to be avoiding the issue and bringing down to believers vs non believers, that is not the case. the message and the way it is used is the problem, the problem is NOT because it is a global warming video, anything that promotes looking after the planet is a good thing, anything that does that by coming across as a direct threat to anyone, is wrong regardless of if the threat was intended.

what makes you think people do not have a problem with the contents of certain video games? i certainly do, but the OP is not about video games.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

Exploding children? what will they think of next?

Ion bomb tacos?

Time travelling chihuahuas?

Monkey fights at the thunder-dome?

Death-ray wielding cheerleaders?

You be the judge I will be the jury.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join