It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

See my interpretation of it was they were TRYING to get a rise out of people. Would you have seen it other wise? News media will cover it people on the internet the took a huge risk yes but my view on it was that they were trying to have an ad that goes viral. Its free Advertisement essentially, targeting youths who play video games. Ones who go on youtube and watch these videos.

Why spend money putting an ad on tv when a teenager can get a "leaked" copy of this banned ad and spread it on youtube for Millions to see. Its free fast efficient and look how many people have commented on it after watching it just on this site alone.

Viral videos are the new product placement advertising. Free publicity, huge audience and all you do is pay the guys in marketing to come up with a disturbing video that is destined to get banned.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yes, back on topic… in my humble opinion the video is not saying “believe in the Theory of Global Warming or die.” It seems more that all the characters accept the knowledge of global warming. The video is punishing the people who know about it and choose to do nothing in their lives to help the situation become better. They lowered their carbon footprint by splatterizing them. In that way it’s a call to action, but not a war rallying extrovert action; it’s a personal lifestyle change that they want.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Nickodemus because: addition

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

Even if they do understand it, they should not be punished for it. Maybe they do not fully agree with what is being said. That is what I got from the office part listening to the boss and his questioning those who chose not to.

Again though even if they chose not to take action whose right is it to decide they should be punished for having a different view of things, let alone killed. That is nothing more than forcing your view onto others. Where is the freedom in the act or die, when all will die in the end anyway?

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickodemus

However, it does send a message that we are all in this boat together and should address those who don't care about our future. I think we all own an even share of the air we breath and others are ruining it for all of us.

I care a great deal for our common future, which is precicly why we need to defeat the eco facists who are a serious threath to that very future for humanity. Access to cheap energy is what has made life better for all humans on this planet. If you take that away you will first target the poor and then the next level up the food chain. The neo malthusians and neo luddites behind the made up scare of man made global warming are possibly the most serious threath our modern civilization has ever faced. I will do my bit to make sure they do not succseed in their efforts.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

They got a rise and yes it will be viral. However the rise they get might not be one they want.

I and others take it as a threat. When I get threatened I get angry. I also tend to go the opposite way to spite those threatening me. Is that the best thing to do? Most likely not but that is how I am. People can live their life how they see fit as long as they are not forcing a view on me or making underlying threats, which is how I view this.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Raist

Yes, back on topic… in my humble opinion the video is not saying “believe in the Theory of Global Warming or die.”

Actually it's saying
"Cut carbon emissions or die"

I have news for you,
All animals produce carbon-dioxide,
and carbon-dioxide CO2 is an integral component of all amino-acids, (building blocks of life).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03441978f63d.png[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...

Global Warming is mainly from Methane emissions,
such as those coming from Factory Meat Farming.

www.meatstinks.com...
A 2006 United Nations report found that the meat industry produces more greenhouse gases than all the SUVs, cars, trucks, planes, and ships in the world combined.

It seems more that all the characters accept the knowledge of global warming. The video is punishing the people who know about it and choose to do nothing in their lives to help the situation become better.

Actually some of the people said they were merely "unsure".
So being "unsure" about paying your carbon-taxes,
and that implanted chip blows up.

Governments are predators,
that feed on their captive meat-factory.

For prey there are many options:
be faster, stealthier, brainier or toxic.

With a forest-garden (chloroplast) or recycling-center (lysosome),
we with you can live free, feeding family and providing resources for reproducing tribe.

edit on 2-10-2010 by lowki because: added amino acid picture

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I think that's a risk they are willing to take. Some might get angry but a lot will just go, hmm I should check this out, I'm going to investigate this cause. They then read up on it and bang you just got one more person to look at it so then they tell a friend and that friend tells someone and then they start going hmm the environment is in danger lets do something.

There was a chip company I think Dorrito/ lays?, can't remember but they actually sponsored a viral video campaign who got the most hits. Also anyone remember the Janet Jackson football fiasco with the exposing of her breast. How high did her sales go. What about britney and her rehab shaving her head, K-fed. Its bad publicity but it works we pay more attention to drama rama than to hard hitting issues as a collective group. We want that excitement and drama because we want something to keep or lives interesting, that's just my view.

Its why I look at car accidents, gossip, and read people magazine. I want excitement and good gossip and things that make me and others go "Oh my did that really happen?". It's human curiosity and morbid fascination.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Clavicula

Forget cheap polluting energy, go with free energy my friend, solar! Before you say panels are too expensive remember that is a function of supply and demand. Did I mention that it's free? No fuel!

I feel some of your views are very detached from reality but to each their own.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Even if they do understand it, they should not be punished for it. Maybe they do not fully agree with what is being said. That is what I got from the office part listening to the boss and his questioning those who chose not to.

Again though even if they chose not to take action whose right is it to decide they should be punished for having a different view of things, let alone killed. That is nothing more than forcing your view onto others. Where is the freedom in the act or die, when all will die in the end anyway?

Raist

Thats where I think your taking it too seriously. It was creative license.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. N
reply to post by Gorman91

Because they weren't dissenters. That's my point. They didn't disagree. Generally speaking over hear people don't disagree with climate change, that's not the issue - believe it or not.... That's pretty much a US phenomenon.

I am an european and I dont't believe in man made climate change. I think your assumption that only people from the US is disgusted by this is unfounded. In fact an increasing number of europeans are waking up to the fact that man made climate change is a scam.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have nothing against alternative energy sources. What I am against is that the price of energy is increased by artificial means through schemes like carbon trading. That people get self sufficient by getting solar panels or wind mills for personal use can only be a good thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I look at car accidents because of morbid curiosity I admit that, but I like morbid things. As for People Magazine or gossip columns forget it, I do not need to be bothered by looking into some narcissist’s life (most who get into those lines of work are narcissistic) that is why they crave that life style. Besides if I ever want that sort of information I can get it from my wife (she pays a great deal of attention to that sort of news). She did not know who Rick Sanchez was though when I told her he was gone from CNN, of course he was not really a celebrity though either

I admittedly do spend a great deal of time here trying to learn about what is going on in the world I live in. I do however view that as different because normally it is not news surrounding an individual whose life is already in the spot light.

If enough people view the video as myself and what it seems many others have though (as a threat) it could be very dangerous down the road for some on the GW side. This video gives a look of lines being drawn. It is better to convince those who are against you to join your side then to make them angry. In the end not all will join your side either, you just have to live with that. It is much like any debate/discussion here, most of the time we all still go our separate ways. On occasion we see eye to eye or gain new respects for others though (at least I have).

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That is possible, it would not be the first time I have been too serious, and then again, there are times when I have been less than serious.

Nevertheless, I am not the only one who has viewed the video with this manner. So it might not just be me but the way it was portrayed. Much like when you meet some people and they are hard to read and they come off in a different way than they intend. That might completely be the way this video is. I however am not willing to just take that chance without knowing for fact that is the case.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'm still on the oh well side its just good marketing... I'm a very laid back person and don't dig too deep into things they may be saying that they may not we can't know... You can misinterpret things there was some ad once in the paper that showed two drinks and a dragon fly and it was about 6 months after 9/11 and some one saw the 9/11 terrorist attack in it I wish I could find the ad but its old and its hard to find that stuff.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I have been told I read into things too much at times. Other times I have hit the nail on the head so to speak with my reading into things.

As I said above, unless I know for fact what the real intention was I will not take it too lightly.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

That's a good way to look at it. Its just too bad some people always see the bad/conspiracy in something right away. Its always harder to find the good, that's what I try to do look at the good and the bad then the evidence. That way I can make a judgment that is a little less clouded.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by lifeform11

But there are small things to do to help the environment. Its like if everyone in the world were to give 1$ we would have billions.

We are already taxed to death. The more they take the more they spend.
If we all gave $1 they would want ten.

Gas Tax
- Water & Sewer Tax (our town charges separately for both)
- Telecommunications Tax (cable, telephone, cell phone, etc.)
- Airline Tax (a substantial portion of your fare)
- Excise Tax (Every car, every year)
- Pet Tax (every dog, every year)
- Trash Tax (we pay by the bag for trash in my town)
- Tobacco Tax (actually I like this one and wish it was even higher)
- Road Tax (tolls)
- Energy Tax (Gas & Electric)
- School Bus Tax (we had to pay a per student fee for our children to take the bus)
www.politicsandfreedom.com...

The idea here is not to take our money and make the world a better place for us all...
They take our money and line the pockets of big government, and the elite.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Let's not forget that the people that are likely behind this video are likely the same people who think cell phone radiation causes cancer, who believe in homeopathy, and are against nuclear energy. It should, therefore be used against them rather than real rational people that believe we need to combat global warming.

edit on 031010031010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lowki

I have news for you, All animals produce carbon-dioxide,

Not really news. We all know about cow farts.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club
reply to post by EnlightenUp

10:10 means that they want to reduce 10% CO2 emissions by blowing up 10% of the population. Notice they killed off 10% of the actors?

I had thought about that it could mean that but no, I didn't count the characters exploded to the total number of characters. But, whatever gets the job done! It will take a bit less than 25 years at 10% per year to bring it to the 500,000,000 goal, that is, based on a flat population.

edit on 10/3/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join