It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Please, yes global warming may very well be true but the last i heard, every planet in the solar system was warming up...let me see, were to blame for that too...

Oh i know, lets threaten children with their lives because they have an opinion that is there own and not government induced.

That video is horrendous and its the global warming fanatics that are driving this planet into a disgrace.

You will not get me recyling everything, reducing my wate, not using my car or anything else that i am made to do when there are far more things that can be done other than sh**ting on the little guy.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

How does that explain the solar system?

I guess mankind has been busy right?

I never said we did not add to it but we are not fully responsible, go ahead and spread lies though it is okay others do as well.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

The Sun maybe?

Just a guess after a seconds thought

How am I spreading lies?

edit on 2-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

So tell me what is causing the temperatures to rise throughout the solar system?

However, does that make it okay to force people to act like you and chose your action over no action? The video might be trying to do dark humor but as I have stated people do use dark humor as a threat.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The globalist elite have decided to spearhead the global warming campaign by means of violent brainwashing after having been repeatedly discredited for the hoax they have perpetrated.

This is tantamount to ecofascism, where 'saving the environment' is used as a vehicle to pursue the dreaded neo-eugenics agenda, where people who disbelieve the climate change hoax are to be imprisoned or killed.

Remember the Nazis? They used environmentalism to control the German people.

Now history is repeating itself, on a more macabre level.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thank you. I would have posted those same charts and some more if I knew how to embed them on the forum. Yes climate change is naturally occurring; reasons for it are in my earlier post. It has led to massive extinctions many times on Earth. What is also true is that human activities like clearing forest and burning fossil fuels contribute to our already existing warming trend in an alarming way. To shed our responsibility because other forces are contributing and at times before civilization climate was different, makes no sense. The climate conditions are a constantly moving target, no one denies that. It is a balancing act between heating and cooling forces. The next step is to determine how much are humans responsible for? Have we tipped the scale? As far as atmospheric CO2 and the greenhouse effect is concerned, human activity is the major contributor. This was proven by carbon isotope ratio analysis.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then the sun causes temperature to rise on earth, just a guess right?

Mankind is not responsible for GW or climate change whatever the name/flavor of the week is now. In the 70’s it was an ice age on the way now we are all going to melt.

People are jumping all over the GW train that will derail.

The lies are the science that blames people for GW. Let’s forget that the entire universe is heating up though, certainly that would have no effect on earth.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by swjslj
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

There is plenty of evidence that our climate goes hot and cold in long cycles. Harvard and Princeton researchers published a study in "Nature" that demonstrates that about 120,000 years ago the climate was much warmer and the sea level about twenty feet higher than it is now. Guess what? There were no coal-fired power plants then, no SUV's, but it was hotter. The marxists are using a naturally occuring phenomenon as the pretense for a power grab, a pretense to take our money and our freedom.

www.skepticalscience.com...

Natural climate change in the past proves that climate is sensitive to an energy imbalance. If the planet accumulates heat, global temperatures will go up. Currently, CO2 is imposing an energy imbalance due to the enhanced greenhouse effect. Past climate change actually provides evidence for our climate's sensitivity to CO2.

Yes, it was hotter in the distant past, so its perfectly safe to double the amount of atmospheric CO2 in just 200 years and rapidly change the climate even if now all life and human settlemements are adapted to current conditions. Its the same logic like saying its OK to blow up whole planet with nuclear weapons, because in the distant past it was just a ball of molten rock.
Its the RATE of change that is important here, naturally occuring cycles would never change CO2 levels and climate so rapidly. And CO2 increase in certainly manmade phenomenon, it has been proven that excess carbon nuclides in the atmosphere came from the fossil fuels.

Fundamental physics and global climate models both make testable predictions as to how the global climate should change in response to anthropogenic warming. Almost universally, empirical observations confirm that these 'fingerprints' of anthropogenic global warming are present.

Atmospheric CO2 levels are rising by 15 gigatonnes per year. Humans are emitting 26 gigatonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere. Humans are dramatically altering the composition of our climate.

The CO2 that nature emits (from the ocean and vegetation) is balanced by natural absorptions (again by the ocean and vegetation). Therefore human emissions upset the natural balance, rising CO2 to levels not seen in at least 800,000 years. In fact, human emit 26 gigatonnes of CO2 per year while CO2 in the atmosphere is rising by only 15 gigatonnes per year - much of human CO2 emissions is being absorbed by natural sinks.

When CO2 emissions are compared directly to CO2 levels, there is a strong correlation in the long term trends. This is independently confirmed by carbon isotopes which find the falling ratio of C13/C12 correlates well with fossil fuel emissions.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickodemus

It’s a matter of opinion on humor, and it is creepy. I think it was done with intentional humor and not meant to be their literal intentions.

However, it does send a message that we are all in this boat together and should address those who don't care about our future. I think we all own an even share of the air we breath and others are ruining it for all of us.

It's not Monty Python, tongue in cheek, black humor. If it were it would show the absurdity of it. Also it would have cast the anti GW people as the villian, not themselves. All in all it was pretty stark. I don't see how a Political movement (which 10-10 is) would fathom that blowing up kids and those that disagree with them, is somehow humor that everyone will understand as such.

We must have watched two separate messages, the message I got was "we are right, and if you don't agree....well BOOM!" HAHAHAHA! That's so funny, isn't it? Using deadly violence on innocent people and intimidating everyone else is always so amusing. I especially liked the last bit, when someone who was helping the 10-10 side ended up getting blown up by them. That was so funny too! Right? Right?

Maybe the next video should be shot in a Moscow subway where they blow up some more innocent people that don't agree with their worldview......oh wait, that's been done.

I still can't wrap my head around it that this is real video by people supporting the 10-10 movement. It's disturbing, there's no other way to describe it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What is the average percentage of co2 in our atmosphere today?

What is the so called dangerous level?

What is the increase between the two?

In the past co2 continues to increase AFTER the cooling cycle starts. It then falls after a period. The same happens with warming. The climate warms and the co2 continues to fall for a peroid then rises. The co2 levels follow the temparature cycle.

Why is this?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

eh, Ive seen worse, but to others it just might make them truamatized for life. I bet little kids would get nightmares just watching this vid once but still propaganda always has a way of fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yes I agree. I am still unsure as to why I am telling untruths? Read what I have written in between the charts on the previous page

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

So tell me what is causing the temperatures to rise throughout the solar system?

However, does that make it okay to force people to act like you and chose your action over no action? The video might be trying to do dark humor but as I have stated people do use dark humor as a threat.

Raist

I'm not forcing anyone to be responsible, I would like them to be. Either you live in an ignorant bliss that reinforces your world view or you seek answers from the best available knowledge.
I fail to see the relevance between temperatures on distant worlds. I suppose your getting after that they are affected by the same natural climate principles that Earth is. Such as plate tectonics, volcanic eruptions, eccentricity of orbit, obliquity, precession and solar variability. There is still a proven human contribution that is alarmingly significant…. Stop failing to accept that fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
The globalist elite have decided to spearhead the global warming campaign by means of violent brainwashing after having been repeatedly discredited for the hoax they have perpetrated.

This is tantamount to ecofascism, where 'saving the environment' is used as a vehicle to pursue the dreaded neo-eugenics agenda, where people who disbelieve the climate change hoax are to be imprisoned or killed.

Remember the Nazis? They used environmentalism to control the German people.

Now history is repeating itself, on a more macabre level.

Are you kidding me! The globalist elite are trying to bury global warming.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Then the sun causes temperature to rise on earth, just a guess right?

Mankind is not responsible for GW or climate change whatever the name/flavor of the week is now. In the 70’s it was an ice age on the way now we are all going to melt.

People are jumping all over the GW train that will derail.

The lies are the science that blames people for GW. Let’s forget that the entire universe is heating up though, certainly that would have no effect on earth.

Raist

The variations in the suns output is simply too small to account for observed rise in thermal energy without manmade CO2.

In the last 35 years of global warming, the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. Sun and climate have been going in opposite directions. In the past century, the Sun can explain some of the increase in global temperatures, but a relatively small amount.

There are three fundamental flaws in the 'other planets are warming' argument. Not all planets in the solar system are warming. The sun has shown no long term trend since 1950 and in fact has shown a slight cooling trend in recent decades. There are explanations for why other planets are warming.

Martian climate is primarily driven by dust and albedo and there is little empirical evidence that Mars is showing long term warming.

See above for additional positive proofs that CO2, more specifically manmade CO2 is responsible (when we have established that it cannot be the sun).

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They should have stopped this at the 1:00 minute mark...good enough.

the rest was almost a joke..and not a very good one.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodcause
Oh absolutely, I'm not denying that the image of a child exploding is taking the issue to the extreme to say the least. I just feel life is too short to dwell on something that I could turn around and call entertainment if it did not pertain to a serious matter.

If you think exploding children are entertainment TV really has done it's job on you and I pity you.

The good cause? The lost cause more like it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh my, sorry. I was wrongly thinking you were arguing the other direction.

Please accept my apologies. I did not realize we were on the same lines. In my haste I admit to skimming your post because of the charts. I have seen so many of them yet no one ever tells me why the whole solar system is going through to same thing. They only care to state that their neighbors SUV is causing everyone to die.

Again, I am sorry for not reading more thoroughly.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I am telling you to stop accepting fact that the entire solar system is going up in temperature at a rapid rate. Do not be crass or foolish with me. We all know that other bodies are not affected by what takes place on earth. However, all the bodies (including earth) are affected by the sun, which seems to be more evident than what man is doing.

You can talk about blissful ignorance all you wish but when you ignorantly jump on short term science you are handing over your freedom.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
What is the average percentage of co2 in our atmosphere today?

What is the so called dangerous level?

What is the increase between the two?

In the past co2 continues to increase AFTER the cooling cycle starts. It then falls after a period. The same happens with warming. The climate warms and the co2 continues to fall for a peroid then rises. The co2 levels follow the temparature cycle.

Why is this?

en.wikipedia.org...

Current CO2 level is 390 ppm (parts per million), compared to preindustrial 280 ppm. If we continue burn the fossil fuels at increasing rate, we may increase it to almost 1000 ppm in 2100 (!). That rate of increase is certainly dangerous.

Regarding the CO2 "lagging":

When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth's orbit. The warming causes the oceans to give up CO2. The CO2 amplifies the warming and mixes through the atmosphere, spreading warming throughout the planet. So CO2 causes warming AND rising temperature causes CO2 rise.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maslo because: image

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maslo because: typo

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join