It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is Not "Hallowed"!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

The millennia old pagan Irish celebration of Years end and the changing of the year from the light half (Summer) to the dark half (Winter)..

Sounds like worshipping a 'sun' god to me. "millennia old pagan.."
By definition pagan mean without God.

Samhain- slaughter animals after ritually being devoted to the gods in pagan times
-Druids, claiming to be goddesses.
Nope, none of this is Christianity (after Jesus Christ, the Son of God).

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Once again, it's great to get the Bronze Age perspective!
ATS likes to think it's alternative, but I keep seeing the age old superstitions, same as our great, great Grandparents.
So evil spirits walk the Earth on Halloween. No kidding?
I seriously doubt that. Seriously.
I really don't worry too much about demons, ghosts and other mythical creatures, I guess you do!

I really hope mankind can outgrow this foolishness someday.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
The modern ritual of going door to door asking for treats was started by...wait for it...CHRISTIANS!

As with the history of Halloween, there are many different ways the act of trick or treating came about. One is from the 19th century custom called souling. This means Christians would walk from town to town on Halloween night, begging for soul cakes.

bold mine
Source

No. The confusion arises from what people think "Christians" are versus what God says people
should be if they love His Son.
There is nowhere in The Bible where the followers of Christ are to engage in these practices.
"If your brother..or your friend..secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and serve other
gods, which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, of the gods of the
people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of
the earth to the other end of the earth, you shall not consent.." Deuteronomy 13: 6 &7

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

So evil spirits walk the Earth on Halloween. No kidding?
I seriously doubt that. Seriously.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God:
because many false prophets have gone out into this world.
By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ
has come in the flesh is of God"

"and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God"
1 John 4: 2 & 3

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No, "pagan" comes from the Latin word meaning country folk, rural.

I hope you don't celebrate any other "Christian" holiday. As others have pointed out, they are all stolen pagan holidays.

I don't run around every easter and christmas fussing at all the Christians for bastardizing my holidays. Let us have our Halloween. It's the only one they couldn't fully corrupt. You don't have to celebrate it so leave it alone.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom of Thought

Originally posted by calstorm
The modern ritual of going door to door asking for treats was started by...wait for it...CHRISTIANS!

As with the history of Halloween, there are many different ways the act of trick or treating came about. One is from the 19th century custom called souling. This means Christians would walk from town to town on Halloween night, begging for soul cakes.

bold mine
Source

No. The confusion arises from what people think "Christians" are versus what God says people
should be if they love His Son.
There is nowhere in The Bible where the followers of Christ are to engage in these practices.
"If your brother..or your friend..secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and serve other
gods, which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, of the gods of the
people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of
the earth to the other end of the earth, you shall not consent.." Deuteronomy 13: 6 &7

Give me a break! With that mindset....there is nowhere in the Bible that says you should celebrate your birthday or use toilet paper in the bathroom. Trick or Treating and dressing up is NOT serving another God.

Make sure you stay away from Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter - NONE of those are mentioned in the Bible and therefore should NOT be celebrated!!

edit on October 1st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Man this thread irritates me. I am a pagan and Samhain is an important holiday to us and if isn't for you then shut off your lights and keep your kids home.

Mind your own business.

By the way, now that I have read this thread I'm going to dress as a Satanic PedoBear and hand out polish sausage on Halloween just to irritate you.

Another by the way, we have hard core Christian relatives who have convinced themselves that Christmas and Easter are Satanic and don't practice them. Their SEVEN children have never gotten a Christmas gift or Easter Basket. Just goes to show that the Fundies can get themselves worked up over just about anything.

I give my kids presents and do the easter thing even though we are Pagans because a good portion of those holiday traditions are just ancient folk customs anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, seems most bases are covered...................after ya get through bashing Samhain.............perhaps I might ask a few simple questions? Do you by chance make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles, do you throw salt over your shoulder after spilling it...you know, silly little things just about everyone does? Congradulations, you just performed Majik........oops, hope you can reconcile with that. I hope your gestures to the "Dark Lord" go un noticed.....................As for us, well celebrate Halloween with the kids, and later have our own Samhain celebration................have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh good grief, my daughter went to Catholic schools and we had Halloween parties there. It's a fun day for kids and a holy day for Pagans and the last I heard Pagans didn't worship Satan.

Nothing annoys me quicker then some one trying to put words in Gods mouth or tell others how to live and what to believe.

If you don't want to celebrate Halloween which by the way started as All Hallow's Eve then don't, if you don't want to celebrate Christmas, Easter or any other holiday fine don't; but don't try and tell me or anyone else what to think, feel or believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Iet us folk who have fun on Halloween slay the demons, for ya...

""If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then
will his kingdom stand?" Matthew 12: 26

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

Man this thread irritates me. I am a pagan and Samhain is an important holiday to us and if isn't for you then shut off your lights and keep your kids home.

Mind your own business."

Hi Bud. Let's see. I started this thread, so I guess I can write on it whatever I want.
And the last I knew, free speech still exists. You're the one that came on this post.

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one's slaves whom you obey,
whether of sin leading to death,
or of obedience leading to righteousness?" Romans 6: 16

I give my kids presents and do the easter thing even though we are Pagans because a good portion of those holiday traditions are just ancient folk customs anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch88

" Let us have our Halloween. It's the only one they couldn't fully corrupt. You don't have to celebrate it so leave it alone.

The Light of God exposes the works of darkness.

" For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing even to the division of the soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4: 12

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Trick or Treating and dressing up is NOT serving another God

"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter
pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft,

or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritualist,

or one who calls up the dead."

Deut. 18: 10 & 11

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image-
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
is in the water under the earth" "You shall not bow down to them nor serve them"
Exodus 20: 2-4 KJV

When people dress up like demons, you are calling forth the underworld. When the one third
of all angels were kicked out of heaven for following Lucifer: they became dark angels (demons).
They are disembodied spirits, roaming the skies and earth looking for a home.
When you dress like them, they come looking for you. When you have their image in your
home, they will come there.

Y'know it almost sounds like you're suggesting that before Christianity 'God' didn't exist !

But I'm sure that you're an intelligent enough person to realize that, that is neither possible nor practicle ... so I have to ask ... if God existed since the beginning of all things ... because ... well ... he created all things ... who was it that worshipped the Great Creator ... the Divine Architect before the emergence of Christianity ?

Sorry can you say that a bit louder ... didn't quite catch what you said ...

Yes, my friend it was the Pagans (a Pagan is anyone who follows a pre-Christian faith) ... does it really surprise you that we acknowledge God as well ... but as a balanced concept ... a duality ... the masculine and the feminine ?

Only difference is we don't 'preach' dogma ... we 'speak' of nature and appreciate the subtle energies that are the true meaning of Magick ... we leave the devilworshipping to Christians who actually believe in the Devil.

Happy 'ALL HALLOWS'EEN' ... the time that we acknowledge all those who have passed though the veil.

Word of advice ... do not jump to conclusions ... do not watch Hollywood horror ... don't feed Gizmo after midnight.

Woody

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dont even TRY preaching to me, a pastor's daughter. I have been brought up on scripture.
And dont you dare claim I am practicing witchcraft without proof that I am.

This is ridiculous. Not going to argue with someone who is completely blinded by their own interpretation of truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

"You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image-
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that
is in the water under the earth" "You shall not bow down to them nor serve them"
Exodus 20: 2-4 KJV

When people dress up like demons, you are calling forth the underworld. When the one third
of all angels were kicked out of heaven for following Lucifer: they became dark angels (demons).
They are disembodied spirits, roaming the skies and earth looking for a home.
When you dress like them, they come looking for you. When you have their image in your
home, they will come there.

But I'm sure that you're an intelligent enough person to realize that, that is neither possible nor practicle ... so I have to ask ... if God existed since the beginning of all things ... because ... well ... he created all things ... who was it that worshipped the Great Creator ... the Divine Architect before the emergence of Christianity ?

"In the beginning was The Word,
and The Word was with God,

and The Word was God"

"All things were made through Him
and without Him
nothing was made that was made."
John 1: 1 & 3

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Matthew 7:3-5 (New International Version)

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Dont even TRY preaching to me, a pastor's daughter. I have been brought up on scripture.
And dont you dare claim I am practicing witchcraft without proof that I am.

This is ridiculous. Not going to argue with someone who is completely blinded by their own interpretation of truth.

No one has accused you of anything. If you say you were brought up on Scripture,
then you should know it is God's Word. It is what He is saying. Take it up with Him, sister.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So the Matrix is true?

Everything began with a Word? And the word manifested into everything we know?

So nothing is real? Everything is just a description from words.

Interesting. I hadn't ever looked at that passage all by itself that way. Most accepted science thinks "words" didn't develop for millions of years in humankinds evolution, but according to the Bible the "word" predates everything. I wonder when "Halloween" became a word?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You can quote the Bible 30 ways to Sunday to make it say anything you want; it's the wonderful thing about quoting the Bible but it doesn't change the fact that you seem to believe that you and you alone know what it means. No, my friend no a thousand times you are not.

Every person on this beautiful ball of mud and rock we call home has the right given to him/her by the divine being to believe as their conscience or moral code dictates including you. But we do not have is the right to tell another how to live or believe. You don't want to celebrate Halloween don't but don't you dare try to interpret the Bible and twist it to mean what you want and tell others how to believe.

I strongly suggest before you preach against holy days for other faiths learn about them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join