It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Skyline Trailer.. this looks really good now..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What would happen to these movies if aliens really showed up in the real world? Would it be in bad taste to still be doing alien invasion movies?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
What would happen to these movies if aliens really showed up in the real world? Would it be in bad taste to still be doing alien invasion movies?

only if they made it look exactly like them and modelled off of them...and even then, it might be like on earth...different cultures.

if you were wisked off to a different world, and there was a movie in their world about earth nazi space invaders, would you be upset that they were showing evil humans invading their planet, or would you be amused at evil nazi's invading?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I saw a preview for this and I am so going to see this. I hope I am not disappointed like I was last year with "The Fourth Kind."

People being sucked away..creepy and yet I have to see it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

Well our old Alien invasion movies from 30 years ago are just now being picked up on the radar telescope of our closer star systems like Gliese...

So what kind of impression do you think those are making?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They might be terrified thinking that we have the ability to send a virus that is compatible with all forms of computer technology, or that our bacteria is so awesome that it overwhelmed aliens that spent centuries planning to invade us. They may be thinking that these humans aren't a species to mess with!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The more I see the trailers for this now, the less interesting it looks. If I am going to see an alien invasion movie I want to see the effects on a global scale for once, not how it affects a group of young adults in LA. That's all that it looks like to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They might be terrified thinking that we have the ability to send a virus that is compatible with all forms of computer technology, or that our bacteria is so awesome that it overwhelmed aliens that spent centuries planning to invade us. They may be thinking that these humans aren't a species to mess with!

Hehe...or that we can organize a worldwide counteroffensive strike using morse code, and a window of only a few minutes, right?
Heck, we can take out a fleet of motherships with hot air balloons and red dust...don't mess with us humans!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
well this movie has currently scored a whopping 29% from critics on rotten tomatoes www.rottentomatoes.com...

from average punters it scores 75%.

so from this i deduce its a brainless alien invasion flick with bad acting and no new ideas. If you thought transformers was good you will probably like it. If your looking for something more original like district 9 dont get your hopes up.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I liked the original Transformers, wasn't too keen on the second though...and the third one due out (sans Meagan Fox) probably will be on the "wait for the DVD" list...

I'm not expecting a lot from Skyline...but it looks entertaining, and worth seeing on the big screen, even if just for the effects fun. Will it win an Oscar? No, but it may still be worth it to see...especially after recent previews.

I never will understand why the characters in such movies don't just run for the hills though... Of course, would make for a boring movie then...hehe....

new topics

top topics

join