It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory on how the Pyramids might have been built?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I was reading a magazine the other day and I stumbled upon something rather interesting.
It’s a process called microbial-induced calcite precipitation, or MICP for short and it is a process that "uses the microbes on sand to bind the grains together like glue with a chain of chemical reactions".
This process can be used to build bricks, ovens and even shape tunnels and underground caves in sand dunes.
The end result is strong and can be as tough as marble. The ingredients are all easily accessible and consists of sand (possibly limestone sand), bacteria (Bacillus pasteurii), calcium chloride and urea (found in pee).
I'm not very scientific and don't know whether "bacillus pasteurii" would be able to bind limestone sand which is what the Pyramid's blocks are made of (if my sources are correct).
Anyone have any counter arguments or has anyone here done some research on the topic?
I am basing this theory on the concept that the stones that the Pyramids are built of are too heavy to carry and that 1 stone had to be laid every 3 seconds or whatever to build the pyramids in the amount of time that archaeologists propose.

Maybe the Sphinx was done in a similar fashion?

Building blocks

Link 1
Link 2Earth architechture
Pyramids Building Materials

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The ancients would have needed loads of this stuff to make all those huge bricks, any idea of where they could have gotten that amount from

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Many of the blocks that the pyramids are made out of have been found to have been quarried from particular areas way away from the original sites. I believe that the pyramids were built by giants and technology that dreams are made from, literally.

Great Pyramid Of Giza

Herodotus stated that 100,000 men constructed the Great Pyramid in a period of twenty years. Though this has been the accepted theory for several centuries in all reality it is somewhat absurd. Simple mathematics will show us why. In 20 years there are 7305 days. There are about 2,300,000 blocks of stone in the Pyramid, most averaging 2.5 tons in weight.

Since the pyramid would have been built more carefully than the ramp, it may be supposed that only one third of the total time was used in building the ramp. If we proportionally decrease the number of working days allotted to the pyramid by one third, only 4870 days remain, and that implies that 472 blocks (averaging 2.5 tons each) were placed in the structure each day when the work was not taking place on the ramp. Assuming they worked 12 hours a day, this means that between 39 and 40 blocks were positioned each hour, a rate of one block every 91.5 seconds! The incredible skill evidenced in a building of this pyramid would make such an effort an impossibility.

edit on 30-9-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Don't know if you are serious or not.

But I have to agree with you.

I have always held the notion that the pyramids where buildt by giants. It might even have been the nepylim, if one where to speculate.

VVV

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Sorry i disagree, If the Pyramids were built using MICP I'm sure Geologist / Archaeologist would have notice that they weren't built from lime stone.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

That is exactly why I asked whether the process can use "limestone sand" or crushed limestone instead of normal sand.
They would in this instance crush limestone in the quarries and then move tons of sand and kind of mould the Pyramid's bricks it would explain how they could assemble the blocks to fit so tightly together.

Peace HMHA

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

They would get the limestone from the quarries, the bacteria can be found in sand or possibly limestone sand and then urea is found in pee.

Peace HMHA

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That is an interesting theory if you could prove they had the ability to do that. For the life of me I cannot understand why the theory that they simply moved the sand and piled sand up around the pyramid while working, is not the best theory.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
here´s a great docu of a researcher who investigated the building of the great pyramid in giza.
one of the few unspeculative and scientific documentations.
his theory is about the possibillity of an internal ramp to get the stones towards the pyramid and the great chamber and hallway of beeing a specious constructive building.

Timewatch: Pyramid - The Last Secret (Part 1 of 5)

youtube.com/watch?v=W6xjcKaTSW8&feature=related

edit on 4-10-2010 by anti72 because: -edit-

new topics

top topics

join