It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan bans NATO supply convoys after reports of deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Pakistan bans NATO supply convoys after reports of deaths

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Pakistan has banned NATO supply convoys from entering Afghanistan after officials accused cross-border NATO fire of killing three of its soldiers, according to a military official from the NATO-led command in Afghanistan.

The troops were killed when three NATO helicopters crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan early Thursday and attacked a military outpost, Pakistani security officials said. Three troops were wounded as well, the officials said.

"It does appear that coalition aircraft, responding to an event in the border area, fired upon Pakistan border forces, killing three,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I posted a thread about the helo attack in pakistan yesterday.. I had a bunch of people come out and say that Pakistan was only condeming the act to pacify the people of pakistan. What do you folks have to say about this..

I think Pakistan is feeling bullied. We can only hold the aid as a bargaining tool for so long. I have a feeling this is going to get much worse over there...

Pretty soon we will have to deal with Pakistani "freedom fighters" as well as Al Q.

The situation in the middle east is getting more and more toxic.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Pretty soon we will have to deal with Pakistani "freedom fighters" as well as Al Q.

We already are facing them, the Taliban are armed, trained and given refuge by the Pakistani ISI. A lot of the money western government give to Pakistan in aid is siphoned off by the ISI for just this purpose. Our government know this which makes you wonder just why so much of our tax payers cash is still given to Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If NATO or American forces cant get supplies through Pakistan to other regions such as Iraq or Afghanistan, that is going to be BIG trouble for Pakistan and sets precedence for a possible war with Pakistan. Bad BAD news...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

We dont need ot go to war with them... We just need to stop sending aid and military support.. We have been helping them with this surge.. Not to beat a dead horse but... We should stop sending aid to ALL countries and mind our own damn business.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Couldnt agree more. I was just pointing out that the US administration would and could use this to their advantage for justifcation for more war.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I have to believe that the US is going to tie up the mess in Afghanistan, then keep to our selves for a little bit.. But.. I have been wrong before.

I dont think we will be invading anyone for a long time to come. It would be nearly impossible to get public opinion behind another war..

Here are what i consider good reasons to go to war at this stage in history.
#1 An invasion of america..... PERIOD!!!!

Here are things I would turn my cheek to....
1) Destruction of Israel- Not a good enough reason for america to go to war.
2) NK invades SK--- Not good enough reason
3) Russia reorganizes Soviet Union- Still not enough to send our troops into danger
4) China invades Japan and Tiawan--- Still dont think it is any of our business!
5) Israel invades lebanon/Syria/Palestine .. None of our damn business

Americans are sick of this.. We will eventually get our boys back (most of them)
But all of our money will continue to go to other countries.. We want our money back..
Eventually China is going to want to get paid! We dont have it.. So why are we aiding anyone? Its 100% CRAP!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

I have to believe that the US is going to tie up the mess in Afghanistan, then keep to our selves for a little bit.. But.. I have been wrong before.

I dont think we will be invading anyone for a long time to come. It would be nearly impossible to get public opinion behind another war..

I agree and hope this administration isnt stupid enough to try another war, but we rushed into Iraq almost right after Afghanistan and the people pissed and moaned but mostly tolerated it. So anything can happen.

Here are what i consider good reasons to go to war at this stage in history.
#1 An invasion of america..... PERIOD!!!!

Here are things I would turn my cheek to....
1) Destruction of Israel- Not a good enough reason for america to go to war.

This is a touchy subject. However, controversy aside, the US benefits much from Israel. We get ALOT of weapons and armaments from them and, surprisingly, Israel is a powerful ally and a dangerous enemy. Major factors in the US and Israel relations.

2) NK invades SK--- Not good enough reason

Say goodbye to most cell phones, TVs, cars, and tons of other high value electronics and valuable imports. SK provides many jobs as well as a formidable deterence to the psycho North.

3) Russia reorganizes Soviet Union- Still not enough to send our troops into danger

Agreed

4) China invades Japan and Tiawan--- Still dont think it is any of our business!

China is growing threat to EVERYONE. Not just the US. Plus, Japan is under our protection via WW2 agreements. Taiwan just wants to mind its own business, be separate from China, and is, militarily, too weak to remain independant. Sometimes a big guy has to protect the little guy in some cases. Plus, the US is HEAVILY dependent on Taiwanese exports. Not such a good idea to let them burn, unless we can reestablish our manufacturing industry super quickly.

5) Israel invades lebanon/Syria/Palestine .. None of our damn business

Agreed.

Americans are sick of this.. We will eventually get our boys back (most of them)
But all of our money will continue to go to other countries.. We want our money back..
Eventually China is going to want to get paid! We dont have it..

The US could really tell China to shove it and they most likely wouldnt do anything about it and the US be Chinese debt free. However, they would never talk loans with the US for a VERY long time. But it'd be worth it.

edit on 1-10-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fixed quotes

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Already been covered in Breaking News, On going discussion...

Signaling Tensions, Pakistan Shuts NATO Supply Route

edit on 1-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Mine was posted at 8:20 am .. your 12 hours late brother.

But thanks for the heads up.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Another convoy attacked today! Pakistan has zero control over it's own country... I am starting to see another invasion in the near future.. I am not a fortune teller but...... I see a population uprising soon.. Maybe NATO will be brought in to supress the masses? Nukes in danger .. dun dun dun dun... Super America to the rescue... Great here we go again!

new topics

top topics

join