It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity does not allow for the existiance of alien lifeforms - despite the attempts to promote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

1. The Bible does not at all preclude distant planets inhabited by sentient citizens.

2. Dolphins are smarter about catching fish, finding shellfish. I don't think dolphins are smarter about building aircraft carriers or making a good omlet.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Exactly right. And if there was other life created perfectly by God living out there, then there would be no need show God's sovereignty as correct here on Earth as there would be other life forms out there proving it every day. Adam and Eve would have been just instantly smashed, and God would have started over again.

Alternatively, if other creatures had been created by God and were likewise sinful prior to us, then the issues would have been settled on that other planet in advance. Or, if God created creatures after us, he would have created them perfectly, and my argument would come full circle showing that other life forms would be out there upholding God's sovereignty and there would be no need for this rotten old world we're now enduring.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I feel it is quite likely that Mankind will be allowed by God to go out and fill the rest of the Universe after the Earth is returned to its intended state. I'd like to be a part of that wave.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Audevourahn because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Aliens are malevolent fallen angels that work for lucifer.

They are not extraterrestrial but interdimensional.

Don't be decieved by anything claiming to be from another planet.

Earth is the center of life for the entire universe.

edit on 21-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The Bible talks openly about aliens:
Genesis 6

1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Also, Cain went out from Eden into the world and God had to command others not to kill him. So there were others outside of Eden in the Bible. Cain even found his wife outside of Eden.

Genesis 4

15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

The Bible has no problems with Aliens or other populations outside of Adam and Eve. Only close-minded Christians have a problem with it.
edit on 21-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

"Close-minded Christians" or Christians who are not complacent and do there research?

Biblicaly speaking the whole idea of life on other planets gets totaly blown out the water in genesis.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If nothing else, Christianity certainly would never allow that alien creatures are in any way saved by the light and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, particularly if they had never heard of him. There's just no way. This, however, naturally opens up all kinds of opportunities for missionary work, and the nearly guaranteed martyrdom.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

"Close-minded" as in they only accept one version of a book that has been re-written thousands of times. Even in currently accepted versions of the Bible, there are drastic interpretation errors. I have a tattoo on my back, Job 16:9, in some texts I am tortured by God, in other texts my Enemies. Entirely different meanings from KJV to NIV to others.

In my opinion, Genesis is pretty clear that Adam and Eve were not the only inhabitants of Earth. It was a little different story after Noah. But, Noah seems to be a re-telling of the older story of Gilgamesh.

Also, the quote from earlier about the Nephilim strongly coincides with most Ancient Hero stories. The Ancient Heros were not "heroic" in the sense we see them today. They were necessary to ensure survival of a community, but they were more of a nuisance than a help. They were glutonous and greedy. They raped the woman and ransacked the supplies. They battled for fun, and the humans were often the victims. Most ancient lore has some account of Gods among men, and half-gods among men, and all around the world the stories are similar in nature. Eventually the off-spring kills the Gods, and one another, sometimes humans kill the god offspring, and eventually the humans can live in peace.

I don't believe anything written down is literal, but I do believe they are all based on observations and oral traditions, and I believe they all have some fact in them. Therefore, in instances where the Bible agrees with the Mythology, it seems pretty apparent that Gods lived among men long before Jesus.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"Of a book that has been re-written thousands of times". - It is unforunate that you have fallen for that old lie. Although it is true there have been multiple versions of the bible in modern times, the truth is they are all just different varients of the orginal greek and hebrew texts that have not changed sinced they were first written. KJV for example is one of the best modern translations where as the NIV is a corrupt version which has thousends of words missing thus can't be relied upon.

Your accounts of the nephlim are not entirely accurate. First of all there is only one God:

Isaiah 45:18:
“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; …I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

The nephilim offspring were not Gods themselvs but may have seemed like a demi-God in ancient times compared to a man since they were more powerful and had greater knowledge then ourselvs.

Their plan is to trick man kind into believing in aliens from other planets so a new world order beast system can be brought in, under the guise of all nations coming together to stop this outside threat. This is the reason the fallen angels appear as aliens, they are master shape-shifters and decievers, it is my view and others that some of the nephilm survived the flood and lucifer has been trying to re-build a hybrid race ever since.

The biggest mistake would be putting the bible in the same catorgory as mythology since the bible is one of the most verifiable documents in history. There is more proof for the historical life of Jesus Christ then almost any other famous person in or around his time.

Follow the evidence and don't take my word for it... If you are a true 'truth seeker' then eventually you will find Jesus Christ, as he is the truth and all roads lead to him, when it comes to truth.

He didn't just speak truth, he claimed he was the very essence of truth itself.

John 14:6
"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me."

That is an astonishing claim, and one that must not be taken lightly.

Have you ever researched the lies in Zietgiest for yourself? Yeah there is alot of truth in their coverage of 9/11 and the economy but the rubbish they have on religion is nothing but absolute deciept and if you don't believe me research it for yourself. Telling me that Jesus's story is a plagiarism of the story of Horus or Krishna or hundreds of pagan god's... absolute LIES! I'm so sick of people referring to zeitgiest thinking they know the truth after watching that, pure ignorance.

This is 100% truth

One way>>>>>>JESUS

edit on 21-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

First of all there is only one God:

Then why the need for specific commandment instructing people to put no other gods before him?

Doesn't that seem petty and unnecessary overkill if there are no other gods in the first place?

And, as for missing words, as I understand it, the more the Dead Sea Scrolls are studied, the more words are added, and the more accurate the translation becomes, and the more context the existing Bible gains, and therefore the NASB version or NRSV version should be the most accurate.

Also, the majority of the books were not written down for at least hundreds of years after they events had happened. Therefore, they are oral traditions just like other mythology.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in Jesus Christ. I don't worship him, but I believe in him, and I believe in his teachings, as well as the teachings of other enlightened individuals. I was raised in a Christian Household. Mostly Nazareth.

But, for the sake of argument, it is a book, like any other. It has been used and abused for good and for evil for thousands of years. At one point only an ordained minister or priest could read it or even pray for you. Later anyone could. It has been interpreted and misinterpreted for millenia, so why is today any different? Are we really that much more sophisticated that we can't be manipulated? OR, are they just that much better at manipulating us?

John 14:6
"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me."

That quote alone, (and I believe it is repeated in Isaiah), is the reason I do not worship Jesus Christ. A God worth my worship would not behave in such a manner. I am not willing to condemn Hindus and Buddhists and Muslims to hell. In fact, I don't even believe in hell. It isn't in the Bible, except as in the context of a spiritual death.
edit on 21-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is just semantics ... what we call aliens the ancients called watchers, angels, demons.

Same phenomena with a name change.

Modern Christianity doesn't have much to say about their hybrid offspring...
...because Augustine didn't believe in them so removed manuscripts from the canon...
...that gave any clear reference to them...
...but Christians prior to him certainly did believe in these entities and their Nephyl.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Father created more than just this world. Once the "others" have gotten to close and had to be dealt with. But, knowing about the other creations has no bearing on us living out our lives here, so it is not mentioned, as many other things are not.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Earth has been quarantined until the New Creation is complete.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Then why the need for specific commandment instructing people to put no other gods before him?

Doesn't that seem petty and unnecessary overkill if there are no other gods in the first place?

Not at all, our God is a jealous God and he does not want us worshiping false deitys. He also made the ten commandments for a reason, and you would be breaking those commandments by worshiping another God.

Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Jeremiah 25:6
And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no harm.

And, as for missing words, as I understand it, the more the Dead Sea Scrolls are studied, the more words are added, and the more accurate the translation becomes, and the more context the existing Bible gains, and therefore the NASB version or NRSV version should be the most accurate.

You have a poor understanding of the Bible. The Dead Sea Scrolls have nothing to do with the New testement, they are purely a confirmation that everything in the old testement (Torah) is true. NASB or NRSV aren't the best versions at all, King james version is the best translation from greek manuscripts we have today.

Also, the majority of the books were not written down for at least hundreds of years after they events had happened. Therefore, they are oral traditions just like other mythology.

No they were not, for example Mark is thought to have been the first one and was written just 40 years after Jesus's death.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in Jesus Christ. I don't worship him, but I believe in him, and I believe in his teachings, as well as the teachings of other enlightened individuals. I was raised in a Christian Household. Mostly Nazareth.

But is belief alone in the historical Jesus really enough for you to have eternal life? I mean even the fallen angels believe in Jesus... Unless you are serving Jesus and following his word you are really no better than them... Jesus is more than an "Enlightened" individual, he is God and I would guess this most likely the reason you do not worship him because you do not believe he is God.

But, for the sake of argument, it is a book, like any other. It has been used and abused for good and for evil for thousands of years. At one point only an ordained minister or priest could read it or even pray for you. Later anyone could. It has been interpreted and misinterpreted for millenia, so why is today any different? Are we really that much more sophisticated that we can't be manipulated? OR, are they just that much better at manipulating us?

No one said the Bible couldn't be misinterpreted or could'nt be twisted by evil men and taken out of context, but the fact remains that the king james version has stood strong all these years despite the catholic church doing their best to try and destroy it, they even sent guy fawkes to try and kill King James who was having it made at the time. The new testament has only been around for 2000 years but in that time Jesus's message has remained the same and those who oppose him have been unable to stop that message.

That quote alone, (and I believe it is repeated in Isaiah), is the reason I do not worship Jesus Christ. A God worth my worship would not behave in such a manner.

Then you obviously haven't humbled yourself. He said that so his divinity was clear so people like you couldn't question whether he claimed he was God or not later down the road. What he said here is a confirmation of his deity. Jesus Christ is the creator of all things, thus is the only one worthy of your worship.

I am not willing to condemn Hindus and Buddhists and Muslims to hell. In fact, I don't even believe in hell. It isn't in the Bible, except as in the context of a spiritual death.

Don't be fooled my friend, Hell is a real place, people don't like to hear about hell. But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your personal Savior, you are on your way to hell. Many sincere folks cannot comprehend the idea of a Loving God sending anyone to an eternal place of fire and doom. However, if a person believes in God at all, then the fact that God allows world suffering to exist must be taken into consideration. Why does God allow war? Why does God allow the innocent to suffer as evildoers? The fact is friend, God does allow it. The reason is because of Man's wicked sin. Sin kills, steals and destroys!

Regardless of whether you believe it or not, hell exists! The Bible says that hell is never full.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It might be you that misunderstands the Bible. Jesus is not God, he is a piece of God, as are we all. Jesus was called the "Son of Man" which was an insult at the time, but he humbled himself to that role and also the role of Son of God simultaneously. Jesus was certainly not the Creator, although as a part of God, and a creation of God, we all essentially are part of the Creator.

If Mark was the first one, and it was 40 years after Jesus' death, then the others were later and later, including hundreds of years after his death.

All scholarly sources agree the KJV is not the most literal translation. It is an oft-misunderstood translation, and it is outdated or misunderstood in many ways. The Dead Sea Scrolls did not alter the text of the Bible, but they did open up new translations and new contexts and allowed for more literal modern translations. We are understanding more and more of the ancient texts and thus getting better and better translations of those texts. As an alternate example, Sun Tzu's "Art of War" is similarly misinterpreted and translated in many ways, by many dialects, and in many contexts depending on one's own views. In my opinion, that is a testament to the masterful writing of the Bible, and it is one of the reasons I can agree that many of the books were inspired by God.

As for hell. It exists, no doubt. But it is not a place of eternal torment, it is just an eternal death. The Bible never mentions eternal torment. It might say hell is an eternal fire, or fiery lake, but it never says the soul will will be punished forever. In fact, how could it? How could anyone feel eternal bliss in heaven knowing a loved one was facing eternal punishment in hell?

It is true, I haven't humbled myself, nor will I ever. I do not believe in a jealous deity, or a deity that requires worship. I believe any deity is beyond that. I'm only human and I don't require worship from my dog. Obedience maybe, but not worship. The Creator of the Universe does not require me to humble myself in that way. I communicate often with the Creator, I've mentioned it in plenty of threads. It isn't a verbal communication, and it doesn't happen in words, and it is special and rare occasion when I receive an answer or have an opportunity for a back and forth type communication, but it does occasionally happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I don't think your conclusions necessarily follow, at all.

I don't think God's sovereignty has anything to do with whether or not there are other citizens on distant orbs fitting your requirements or not

. . . except that . . .

HIS SOVEREIGNTY

would allow HIM to so populate any number of multiverses . . .

Scripture says

ALL CREATION WAITS YEARNINGLY, GROANINGLY, EXPECTANTLY, desperately

for the manifestation of the sons of God [evidently to help manifest the Redemption throughout ALL CREATION].

I have no trouble at all believing that Christ's sacrificial Death and triumphant Resurrection was the fulcrum of all Creation past, present and future . . . for all multi-verses or whatever.

Scripture teaches that humans redeemed by The Blood of The Lamb will RULE AND REIGN WITH HIM. It is plenty plausible that this earth is bootcamp for an elite cadre of folks to rule and reign at upper levels with Christ over countless ages and countless multiverses.

RULE Over what, merely rocks, slugs and toadstools? I don't think so.

Scripture indicates we will judge angels. Only angels?

I don't think so.

I'm willing to accept Guy Malone's excellent study with a host of top flight experts, scholars in a variety of disciplines who've concluded that the UFO critters are fallen angels. That's different from demons--who evidently were fallen angels who lost their bodies during Noah's flood.

www.ancientofdays.net...

Guy allowed a less than 1% chance that there were non-fallen angel, authentic citizens of distant orbs out there somewhere.

It doesn't matter much to me. The critters reported by all the experiencers and government types are clearly in cahoots with the satanic global government toward setting up and maintaining the Anti-Christ's satanic tyrannical global government. That's all I need to know about their values, goals, natures.

I'm convinced they are a huge part of the GREAT DECEPTION Christ warned about . . . so great that were it possible, the very elect would be deceived in these END TIMES.

There's an interesting Scripture, that to me, indicates life elsewhere.

The Scripture about the gates of the New Jerusalem being a single pearl.

We don't grow em that big here.

Sure God could go POOF and have a big pearl. He just seems to like to do a lot of things the

'old fashioned way' by growing them.

He's very INTO the AUTHENTIC.

Then there's all the verses about Abraham's children numbering more than the sands of the sea shores and than all the stars. I do NOT believe that was just hyperbole.

This planet's not big enough to handle that many individuals. And THEY are slated to be rulers. Who are THEY going to rule over?

So far, the overt Scriptures sound like a VERY TOP HEAVY 'too many chiefs and not enough Indians' sort of situation unless there's a LOT we haven't been told.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Biblicaly speaking the whole idea of life on other planets gets totaly blown out the water in genesis.

Where. Please show me.

I've read Genesis many times in many translations and can't recall a single verse indicating that, much less clearly asserting that.

Arguing from silence is not a wise habit.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

The truth is this is not possible. The bible is pretty clear that God has great interest in man, and man is the center of creation. This does not make sense if there are space-faring being with vastly more intelligence and technology. This would mean God is almost a liar. Keeping these things secret.

I'm convinced that AT LEAST the vast bulk . . . 98-100% of the critters flitting about in exotic craft are fallen angels hell bent on helping satan set up the satanic global government.

Nevertheless, I find your assertions above do not follow logically much at all.

I've never found it fruitful to try and package the authentic Almighty God of the Bible into my tidy puny little box.

All it would mean is that God did not see fit to include a GREAT LONG LIST OF STUFF in Scripture . . . as ST Paul said, he learned some things not lawful to utter in this time/space dimension.

--not lawful to utter;
--not important to our establishing and maintaining our Salvation relationship with God through Christ;
--not useful for us to know;
--not fitting for us to know;
--not helpful for us to know;

. . .

THEN we shall know as we are known.

Not now.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Thanks for your kind reply.

I believe that when Scripture says that all creation groans yearningly, expectantly, eager, desperately eager for the manifestation of the sons of God--it means exactly that.

I believe all animals, sentient beings, probably even plants and mountains--all creation yearns to be thoroughly relieved of the burden of sin and sin's consequences.

Scripture several times mentions rocks crying out; trees and hills animated etc. I think there's mystery there but I don't think it's all poetic license language.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join