It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Favorite and Least Favorite Sounds?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sounds are vibrations. Vibrations interact with our bodies in all sorts of ways. These vibrations can invoke all sorts of moods and feelings... yeah.

So I have two questions for you.

First: What are your favorite sounds? what sounds, when you hear, give you a feeling of calm, happiness, and/or other good things?

-My dog breathing. She does this really cute breathing noise when she wants to be pet. It's adorable.

-Coqui frogs. These things are a melody of the night. I find it hard to sleep without them.

-Old friend's voices. They bring back all sorts of great memories from my past.

Second question: What are your least favorite sounds?

-The sound of certain people's voices. There was this one person I knew who had THE most annoying laugh. I'm sure you know at least one person like this.

-Nails on Chalkboard or equivalent. alkdsgksdjgsdgsagsdjgglsdjgeehahsdfdsga.

-Certain types of music. The vibes from them disturb my vibes.

Anyway, I don't know how far this thread will go. Just felt like making it.

Feel free to share!

-SES

Edit to add: This thread ties in directly with another thread of mine: What are Your Favorite and Least Favorite Scents and Smells? www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-9-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hows it going?

The most annoying sound I have ever heard has to be the BBC's test card that used to be displayed at night...

When I was younger I would often leave the television on, fall asleep and awake to this horrible tone. It still gives me a yucky feeling to this day

When it comes to good vibes however I would have to say the sound of crickets at night relaxes me very well for some reason...

Unfortunately its something I only hear if I go on holiday of course as you do not get this in the UK.

When my cat purrs as well its definately a relaxing sound.

I am sure you will get some interesting replies in this thread

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I like music and birds singing and my cat snoring. Hate when someone's drilling a wall, especially when it starts to "SCREEEEECH".

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

A great idea! If possible, please include a sample of the sound if can.

Here is coqui frogs:

well I tried to embed a video. I don't know how. I'm sure you can find a sound sample of it if you look.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

My personal favorite is:

Gun banging
    Laser weapons
    Video Game musics
    Cold Fusion
    and the voices of my favorite characters

while my least favorite is:

Chalk on chalkboard
    friction sound
    people talking about foodstuffs
    sounds of real life people dies

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by XXXN3O

A great idea! If possible, please include a sample of the sound if can.

Here is coqui frogs:

well I tried to embed a video. I don't know how. I'm sure you can find a sound sample of it if you look.

If you embedding a video copy the part of the link after the ( = ) and place a [ yvid ] at the start and a [ /yvid ] at the end of the link. For example...

This video has the address www.youtube.com...

Copy and paste the gb7nwoQVkQE&feature=related part then add the tags to make it like this only do not add spaces in the tags...

[ yvid ]gb7nwoQVkQE&feature=related[ /yvid ]

Take out the spaces in the tags and it gives you...

Hope that helps

edit on 28-9-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Excellent thread! Everything in life is a vibration, a resonance. So when something resonates with dissonance to our own vibrations, it can literally make us ill or even kill us. The military is already using this technology. Similarly, listening to sounds that resonate and/or enhance our vibrational frequencies can heal us and make us happy.

For me, likes include:

Happy music - generally major key signatures (as opposed to minor ones), and positive lyrics...people don't understand that even LISTENING TO WORDS have a vibrational effect that can trump whatever positive music it rides on. Thus reminding us of the ancient eastern phrase of "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil".

Sounds of natural water sources

Birds singing and chirping

Crickets and frogs

Babies laughing

The sounds animals make when they are laughing and playing

My dislikes:

Rap music and heavy metal that sounds angry - I literally feel it in the pit of my stomach and makes me irritated almost immediately when I hear it.

Certain electronically produced sounds

Children shrieking, even if they are just playing....makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

Chalkboard scratching, and scratching a plate with a knife or a fork, which would fall into the shrieking child category as well....stands my hairs on end

Car horns

Sirens

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
My least favorite sound is my girlfriend when she yells at me

My favorite sound is the lady gaga song "Bad Romance"

edit on 28-9-2010 by tigpoppa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for an interesting thread...

Favourites

Sound of sea waves regularly breaking
Sound of (my) car's engine when changing up into 5th gear
Song Thrushes singing
The burble of a late 60's or early 70's US V8

Dislikes

A dentist's drill
Call (or bell) for last orders in a pub
Ferraris or Lamborghini's being thrashed by rich posing Russians in Berlin
Scooters being riden by Hells Cherubs

Peace!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Love the sound of:

my own voice
my cat purring
rain hitting the rooftop

Hate the sound of:

people chewing. gross.
alarm clocks
cicadas
Sarah Palin's voice

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How could I forget my all time favorite!

The ocean. OHH my god. Quite literally the most healing sound you could ever hear...

Even now thinking about it puts me at ease... Phew... Know what I mean?

-SES

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Best sound I heard in a long long time. This bloke's voice. LOVE IT!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Least Favourite Sounds:
vuvuzela: (I watched the World Cup Soccer, and good grief, you couldn't even hear the people cheering)
rap/r&b/country music: I can't even call this stuff music :p No offense to those who like it, but I cannot stand it.
farting/burping/other nasty biological things: Aside from the smells, the sounds are also horrible
buzzing noises, eg. insects: I just don't like it (vuvuzela reminds me of this)
certain people's voices: Some people just sound so annoying and/or stupid, it drives me crazy.

Favourite Sounds:
music: (I have rather varied tastes, but I'm sure we all have songs we absolutely love)
the background music in the xbox game Hexic: Seriously, this is awesome! :p
certain people's voices: Some people just have awesome voices, particularly some of the good singers.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Favourite... my two god-children laughing at my antics.

Least favourite... any politician droning on endlessly and saying nothing, and expecting me to pay for the privelege of their imparted wisdom!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Least Favourite Sounds:
vuvuzela: (I watched the World Cup Soccer, and good grief, you couldn't even hear the people cheering)

I forgot the vuvu. Absolutely horrid. His Nibs recently brought this air horn thing home from work too. You attach it to a can and press. It's so loud it's like being assaulted. First time he pressed it my cats took off from the patio at a hundred miles an hour. Glad they missed the greenhouse or they'd have left cartoon shapes in the glass. I'm gonna bin it soon as I find out where he's hidden it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Fav sounds...rain on a tin roof, roosters crowing in the moring, Nora Jones or Willie Nelson, ocean waves, wind across the mountain tops and through the pines

Bad sounds...choppers, hip hop, semis on the highway slowing down, dogs fighting a racoon in the woods at 3am

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
echos in a cavern is a favorite,
next is the sound absorbation of a room with leather seats, heavy curtains, rich woodwork and lots of books

the dentist drill makes my skin crawl
any racing (mechanical=cars, boats, etc) venue

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
First off, I love your threads!

Most favorite sound-

cat purring

Least favorite sound-

telephone ringing

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My favorite and least favorite sounds are also my favorite and least favorite smells. I will leave your imagination do the rest.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Children laughing

Children arguing and yelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join