It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists In WI Assault Citizens With Violence And Extortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinger
www.blip.tv... Go to this Link and then ask why take a gun to a restaurant!

We should bring weapons to family restaurants because there are reports of UFOs effecting nuclear sites?
That's sound logic, mate.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

You don't need a license to open carry.

I believe in every state you need a license/identification card. Again as ridiculous as this is, its even more absurd to go openly carry when you don't have identification on you, which is a crime.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You don't need a license or ID to open carry in WI.

edit on 27-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

I'm not assuming anything - other than peaceful people have an inherent right to do what they want as long as they aren't harming anyone else or their property in the process.

But when you take a bunch of guns into a family restaurant you ARE going to harm someone mentally, someone who has kids and sees a bunch of people walk into a restaurant with weapons usually isn't going to think "He's just some nice guy expressing his right to bare arms"

I'll repeat my opinion of this story so hopefully you'll get it.
I found it distasteful.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

In the US, people are free to cause harm to other people mentally through words. It's called the First Amendment.

In the same way, people are allowed to cause mental harm to others through the use of symbols, which we see in protest signs.

As long as no threats or violent force is used, people are free to do what they will.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

In the US, people are free to cause harm to other people mentally through words. It's called the First Amendment.

In the same way, people are allowed to cause mental harm to others through the use of symbols, which we see in protest signs.

As long as no threats or violent force is used, people are free to do what they will.

This wasn't by words, it was by carrying items that are known to kill hundreds of thousands of people.
And I never once said they aren't allowed or shouldn't be allowed to do that, you're arguing with yourself here.
I'm just saying it was distasteful and probably done for publicity by the people with the firearms.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You don't need a license or ID to open carry in WI.

You've said this twice now without admitting that it is a CRIME to walk around in public without identification, with or without a firearm.

If they had identification, they wouldn't have been charged. They were not charged for possession of an illegal deadly weapon.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't think there is anything distasteful about people exercising their rights.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

In America, you don't need to have ID on you in public.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't think there is anything distasteful about people exercising their rights.

Then we differ greatly.
I think it's very distasteful to walk into a restaurant armed to the teeth when there are children around.
Probably won't check back on this thread as I can tell where it's headed, ugh.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If I'm tex you have to be mex so we can be a team, because I don't disagree with you either. Its definately distastful in my opinion to go just about anywhere flashing fire arms. But I definately support the right alot more than I do the 'right' of police officers to take unlawful actions against citizens under the color of the law. Police officers flash their fire arms everywhere they go, if you compare our society to any other socially-modern society of its time, its like we're living in la la land. The state not only has a monopoly of force now they get a monopoloy of trust? That is what's truly distasteful. The idea that a badge gives a stranger the 'duty' to protect me, and I'm supposed to trust that stranger over my own human instincts when it comes to the protection of my life and property. My post targetted you because you were the first semi-opposition thread on the list and your statement that a citation is less threatening then a gun caught my eye. No weapon is as threatening as state coercion and a society that willingly accepts it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think children should be introduced to proper shooting and gun handling under parental supervision at the earliest possible age.

They see enough guns on TV that the public needs to show kids how guns are supposed to be used and carried.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by slinger
www.blip.tv... Go to this Link and then ask why take a gun to a restaurant!

We should bring weapons to family restaurants because there are reports of UFOs effecting nuclear sites?

Sorry see if this worked if not just go to youtube and type in lubys shooting
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

In America, you don't need to have ID on you in public.

I don't know what part of America you live in, but here in Maryland it is a law to have identification if you are in public and over the age of 18. Not sure if this is nation-wide or not, but it clearly was the defining factor in this case.

3 men with guns and ID - no charge
2 mens with gun and no ID - a citation

Again, I ask where is the assault and violence that the topic title alludes to?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You don't need to have ID on you in public in Maryland.

The violence and extortion came from the police detaining peaceful men, disarming them at gun point, and then issuing a citation for a crime that did not occur.

Further, all 5 men were charged with disorderly conduct. You would know this if you bothered to read the OP.

edit on 27-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't know about you but my husband here in Ga, has permit to carry a weapon, he take his gun everywhere he goes, unless the place specifically bans firearms publicly, those places here in Ga are not many.

Is nothing wrong with carrying your gun with you as per law and I don't remember any incidents of scare old ladies complaining about those that have weapon, at least in my neck of the woods.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Here in Ga is not law that say you need to have an ID at all times with you or while in public places, most of the time I don't even carry my purse with me when my husband is doing the driving.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Here in Ga is not law that say you need to have an ID at all times with you or while in public places, most of the time I don't even carry my purse with me when my husband is doing the driving.

It's not a law anywhere in any state.

In America, you are not required to have an ID on you in public.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

That is what I thought, but you never know, as states sometimes have laws that makes you wonder, but then again this America.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I have a carry conceal license and I carry into
a restaurant.If the business doesn't have a sign
indicating no guns,you can carry inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join