It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best action movie of all time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Whats the best action movie of all time?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
hey im really sorry ima ima let you finish but beyonce had one of the best movie of all time.......one of the best movie of all time.....*shrug*

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Beyonce.....

In the words of Dr Evil:

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......................"

Best action movie?

DIE HARD

No explanation needed

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My choice is a three way tie:

The Road Warrior
The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of The Lost Ark

ETA: Make that a four way tie because I couldn't live with leaving Blade Runner off my list.

Wait, Alien,,, make it a five way tie.

edit on 9/27/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
"Classic:" The Towering Inferno

"Modern:" Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Definitions subjective of course.

I'm not counting any sci-fi films as action, that's a whole other ball game. Also a subjective call. Your milage may vary.

edit on 9/27/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by skyvia

Hmmm, so many to chose..Not sure why people are mentioning SciFi stuff though...

Someone said Die Hard...Lots of action and a healthy dose of comedy...
If they had of thrown in a bit of nudity it would have been perfect..

I'll second Die Hard while I'm thinking...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I included Scifi movies because they fall into the genre according to multiple lists I referenced, such as this one which includes every movie I thought bore mention.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I will have to go with the original Terminator simply because it was the first every shop bought VHS tape that my brother bought and I used to watch it over and over again in his room.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The movie "Bullitt" (1968) with Steve McQueen is considered a classic with the chase scene toward the end. Also, "The French Connection" with Gene Hackman has another chase scene through the city that has been copied by many other movies. Both of those titles should be in the running for best action movie, no CGI, just real cars and people.

My all time favorite action movie is "Octopussy" (1983) with Roger Moore as James Bond. It does seem that movie out did the others with action and chase scenes. The minijet at the beginning of the movie is very cool.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Such a difficult question with so many different ideas. I say Die hard, but I can also reference some 007 films, and heaps of other cult action movies.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd have to say DIE HARD is probably a hard one to beat for this genre. They got to it quick, and never really let up. A lot of the other movies mentioned were only peppered with action sequences, vs. during the whole flick.

OCTOPUSSY has always been my favorite Bond movie, just has a great combination of all things Bond. GOLDENEYE is a close second though.... THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is my favorite for gadgets though...c'mon, a Lotus that is also a sub? Nice....

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Alright, I have a couple that beat out my favorite "action only" film. So I will list 'em all (Not that many, so don't worry.)

"Action/Western"
"Tombstone"

"Action/Drama"
"L.A. Confidential"

"Action/Adventure"
"Hook" (Hey, family action is still action!)

"Action/Sci-Fi"
"Dark City"

"Action Only"
"Taken"

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
SCARFACE is my favorite movie of all time.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"Predator" is another good one. Saw this again the other day, and forgot how much of a classic 80's action movie this was. Only the beginning 15 min or so is a build up...after that, it's a lot of action.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Die Hard 4.0
Takers
Transporter

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why Conan the Barbarian of course.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Predator was the #### !!!!! 80's was all about Arnold and Action.... so take your pick, it doesnt get much better than that folks.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
""Saving Private Ryan," as far as war movies go. It's fight sequences put predecessors to shame.

"Ronin" was a movie I really enjoyed, tho it got no notice.

Howabout "North by Northwest"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Bonnie & Clyde 1967

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A few people said Die Hard and that I think is it. Just about every other movie in here would (imo) fall under a different category sans Predator. In closing I wuld also say that die Hard is also the best modern day christmas movie ever as well and maybe second ever only to "It's a Wonderful Life".

That is all

Trowa.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join