It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim trucker sues over alcohol load

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A Muslim truck driver has filed a court suit in Tennessee against his employer, saying he was fired for refusing an assignment to transport beer, according to a Muslim advocacy group.

Oh, but beheading is okay.

www.reuters.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I always thought that Muslims were prohibited from drinking alcohol, not transporting it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

so because some muslims think its ok to behead someone, it means all of them think that?

So using that logic, i can assume all americans are serial killers coz a few of them are... Sorry buti had to point that out coz its kinda bigoted, but i'm not going to argue coz this isnt the pit...

I always thought that Muslims were prohibited from drinking alcohol, not transporting it.

I guess he may have just been offended he had to transport a cargo he deemed as wrong... i mean would you like it if you were asked to transport a cargo of dead featuses? its not agaist any religion to do so, but if your offended by your cargo you should have the right to refuse to deliver it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for pointing out the gross generalization.

Although, I must say that the silence of the muslim majority that abhors beheading is a little disconcerting.

I say that because (using your analogy), even though a few Americans are serial killers, the vast majority make their feelings against such activity well known. Be it through direct vocalization of their sentiments, or through proxies such as leaders (political, religious, etc.), statutes, and/or social norms.

Regardless or race, color, or creed, silence in the face of these horrendous acts, is a form of complicity.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think they had the right to fire him. They're running a business and for him to refuse means someone else has to go there and get it, when he's already there. People think good and services are expensive now, what will it be like if all businesses have to cater to their employees' religious restrictions. What about personal responsibility? Maybe he should get a job that only hauls one kind of cargo, something not forbidden by his religion. Just as a pro-lifer should take a job that won't require working with aborted fetuses. Why should a business be responsible for the cost and effort of working around me, especially if I know there's a chance that the job might entail me being expected to do something that is against my belief system? Might not be as easy as giving him another load. There might not have been another load there for him to get, might not have been someone else there to pick up that one in his place. That's a lot of miles and gas to switch around for someone's religion to be catered to.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They certainly had a right, if one of my workers refused to do something I'd fire him or reprimand him ASAP. There is a differnce between not drinking alcohol and transporting it, that was part of his JOB.

And on the beheadings, in Arab states the perferred method of execution is beheading, like where we use lethal injection or the electric chair (rarely these days). So it is right for BOHICA to make that statement. However it may be customary for them to do that, it does make it right or civilized.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm lost... are we gonna cut the dude's head off cuz he wouldn't haul a truckload of hooch for his boss? What's decapitation got to do with this story? *genuinely confused*

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
I'm lost... are we gonna cut the dude's head off cuz he wouldn't haul a truckload of hooch for his boss? What's decapitation got to do with this story? *genuinely confused*

Racism. You should be confused.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"Racism. You should be confused."

Unfortunately that doesn't clear it up.

He's fired for not hauling a load. Race wasn't brought into it. Religious restrictions were brought into it. I don't see any connection with beheading anyone. Racism would have prevented him from ever getting the job in the first place. So I guess I still don't see what decapitation has to do with this.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

so because some muslims think its ok to behead someone, it means all of them think that?

So using that logic, i can assume all americans are serial killers coz a few of them are... Sorry buti had to point that out coz its kinda bigoted, but i'm not going to argue coz this isnt the pit...

Here is the reference to racism. You can read the enitre posting if you scoll up. I hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, I did read the whole thread. I guess what I'm asking is how a guy losing his job relates in any way to the brutal execution of hostages. I'm not being sarcastic or dense... I honestly don't see the connection.

Guy's muslim. Can't haul booze because of it. Loses his job.

I honestly don't see where the beheading issue comes in, so I'm asking.

I'll assume that JediMaster's response about it being customary is a response to its mention. Are you mentioning it in comparison to the restriction on dealing with alcohol? As in "they can't haul booze but they can cut people's heads off"? To save any more non-productive posting, I will assume this is the case and move on. Consider it understood. Thankyou.

new topics

top topics

join